Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation

To be honest, I only see Arms warrior. My co-guildie went arms and his dps increased but was still lower than mine by a bit.
    I like to fill my GCD gap with whirlwind since it generates rage, maybe that helps me?

Quote Originally Posted by R74NN View Post
    Item level 335, everytime I try to join M0, it looks like this. I wasn't able to do single mythic by now.

Makes your own group

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t really see a reason to bring a warrior tbh. I don’t avoid them, but I can scroll the buff.
    My favorite group so far has been me tanking on vdh, outlaw rogue, havoc DH, windwalker monk, and mist weaver monk. Loot sharing aside it was smooth as butter and everything under the sun was kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

truth is everyone is already looking at scores and with titanforging in the game you have a giant range of Ilvls in your queues to pick from (I am 364 2nd week of raiding , great they take me in +9). I have seen mythic +2 asking for 350 too..
    Weeks affix matter too , if you can't count on Mscore to vow for you people might think you are unexperienced and avoid taking classes with abilities that can create issues , like DHs with sanguine in shrine of the storm , good luck with not aggroing droplets by mistake.
    This week of affixes is way easier on pugs everyone with a low score should try their best to do at least every +5 to make their pug life earlier for when bad affixes will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Are there anything you see other fury warriors doing wrong? I keep doing more damage as protection than my fury so I just end up tanking.
    Deep Wounds is better for consistency than Fury as a whole, so no wonder. Fury is too dependent on itemization and Enrage uptime, it's fucking annoying. They should move some of the damage from Mastery/Enrage to base abilities imo.

Also, Arms is not extraordinary on ST w/o gimmicks, it's only up there cause Uldir is very friendly for extended Executes, SS or Bladestorm bursts. And by the very nature of these abilities, the spec will drop on the rankings as we get higher ilvl gear.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-09-16 at 01:42 AM.

Having shockwave would have helped, but nooooOOooooo

Down to spec, Arms is overall just better than Fury. Its a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Having shockwave would have helped, but nooooOOooooo

Down to spec, Arms is overall just better than Fury. Its a bummer.
    Imo, we should have Double Time or Impending Victory (should help with the atrocious sustain) as baseline, and Shockwave in its place in the talents. Would kinda' solve our shit utility.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-09-16 at 02:02 AM.

Ya, unfortunately Warrior just brings very little to the group now, especially with Shockwave removed.
    I do want to remind you though that its not really just because you are a warrior that this is happening.
    Next time you join a key, try starting a group for that same key just to see what happens.
    There are dozens of people signing up, so its not like they see you and think "NO WAY!"

Its just that they see you and think "well this other guy is marginally better."

That's not really a problem you can solve, honestly. Just gotta do your own key, or queue with tanks.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    To be honest, I only see Arms warrior. My co-guildie went arms and his dps increased but was still lower than mine by a bit.
    I like to fill my GCD gap with whirlwind since it generates rage, maybe that helps me?
    unless significant gear difference, probably just playing it bad

the biggest parts of dealing damage as an arms warrior is management of overpower, rage management, when you use warbreaker and how much damage you shove into it

because OP is such a DPR efficient ability and (When Talented with Dreadnaught) causes Mortal Strike to hit harder than Execute, it's really important not to squander them

Warrior brings Rallying Cry, Battleshout, amazing burst aoe and a quick way of finishing off low hp trash.
    Especially Battleshout being another group buff that effectively increases your tanks damage and survival at the same time seems underrated.
    One of the reasons people do not take them is because just like most melee is that they are plagued with unskilled players that die too quickly compared to their ranged counterparts.

The supernerfed 2 second shockwave stun of prot doesnt do much compared to stormbolt anyways. Having that individual extra stun can lock out those dangerous mobs a little longer.

Finished my first +10 of the expansion today. And i did not feel i would have had a better advantage as another class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Imo, we should have Double Time or Impending Victory (should help with the atrocious sustain) as baseline, and Shockwave in its place in the talents. Would kinda' solve our shit utility.
    Or Stormbolt baseline and Shockwave as talent to replace/"upgrade" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valadar View Post
    Is anyone having this issue. I've tried queuing for 3+ to 7+ mythics and not a single group out of probably 50 has taken me. I'm currently Ilvl 350 with most of Heroic raid under my belt. I pulled great DPS as well but I can't seem to get a group unless I tank.
    Yep. Just tank them. I'm 355+ havoc DH. I get denied constantly. So I started tanking and keeping my loot spec to havoc to build my gear. Luckily havoc favors the same stats as veng so gear swapping is minimal. get used to tanking or get a healer/tank friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valadar View Post
    Is anyone having this issue. I've tried queuing for 3+ to 7+ mythics and not a single group out of probably 50 has taken me. I'm currently Ilvl 350 with most of Heroic raid under my belt. I pulled great DPS as well but I can't seem to get a group unless I tank.
    I'm a 356 Mage and even i have trouble finding groups, some people tend to look for other people of the same armor class, keep looking and you will get there!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    Yep. Just tank them. I'm 355+ havoc DH. I get denied constantly. So I started tanking and keeping my loot spec to havoc to build my gear. Luckily havoc favors the same stats as veng so gear swapping is minimal. get used to tanking or get a healer/tank friend.
    Well, it's also the fact that Vengeance is probably the top tank for M+, unlike Prot that gets greeted with a 'yikes' above +5.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I get 3 pages of 360+ dps when I open my seach for M+ and you actually surprised why people don't take you? Too much competition.
    Yeah, pretty much this, do once an experiment, queue a group for some semi desirable m+ key in title with some guildies showing the group has tank, healer and 2 dps. You can even fake it for the purpose of an experiment and just delist after. You'll get SPAMMED by dps listings.

People are lazy, don't want to push their own key, and want to jump into readymade group with tank + healer already there, instead of sitting in the group finder waiting for these.

This week we had the "4 mythic dungeons cache" event so the group finder is filled to the brim with people from low to high geared who want the free raid loot piece. And majority of them are... guess what... dps.

I had a friend who was a die hard melee dps (feral) and he also conceded it's so much easier to find groups as a tank than dps, especially non-fotm dps. Even if people claim "bears and warriors are worst tanks for m+" there's still many more groups desperate for a tank than needing a dps. Same can be said about classes with healing offspecs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Well, it's also the fact that Vengeance is probably the top tank for M+, unlike Prot that gets greeted with a 'yikes' above +5.
    well truth is man a lot of people just don't know shit about shit

i have never been too much of a pve tryhard. i have played with some top 100 guilds and sold cms during mop and during the end of mop my friend wanted the sets for all his alts since they were going to take them out of the game. we got people who completed top end raids with prestigious achievements etc. that just had no idea how to play the fucking game.

these people would just roll in with their hellscream's downfall title, fuck up every invis, frost nova everything on the melee for a crit, couldn't move out of fire, couldn't body block beams, couldn't carry an interrupt rotation etc. we were dragging our feet for a while getting by but once i decided enough was enough i called my friend i was boosting people with earlier in expansion and told him he could have the piece of shit audi sitting in my driveway if he helped us get these 100 or so CMs and between the 3 of us we were carrying anyone that didn't fuck up an invis.

If pugs knew they were bad, they wouldn't be bad because they would be able to figure out how to stop being bad.

"Ohhhh Monk tanks suck at CMs because they can't tank 15 mobs at the same time" - community, early in the expansion
    "Monks tanks are best at CM because they can kite and do better damage" - community, late in the expansion

Some of you might not realize it, but you really don't want shit to do with these people that give you a hard time. You have absolutely no idea how mentally challenged they are - it'd literally blow your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Makes your own group
    And that's what I'm doing now.

I set up a run, with a message like "Everyone 330+ is welcome, if you don't mind occasional wipes." and it usually takes about 20-30min before the group is full. Not all, but most of the runs (M/M+2) were actually pretty smooth and fun. If I remember well, only one left in the course of like 8 runs.

Deleted
    The competition is fierce and one should be persistent in looking for a group.

Make sure that you are a cool dude, that you are prepared (food + cheap flask for lower keys, undertow for 7+) and you do well. That makes friends.
    I came to realize that the single most important ability a dps warrior must have is the ability to make friends with tanks (pve) and healers (pvp).

Get some tanking gear and experience yourself if you are serious about m+. You shouldn't fall behind the average lfg ilev. Nobody would invite an undergeared melee dps. DKs have it quite easy with gearing since they are perceived as m+ godly tanks and when they outgear you then they will switch to dps and get invited in your place.

By the way dps warriors flip over like flies if they play mongo (which is fairly common). Some think that standing in the fire is manly or think that they are great offtanks. Wrong - they piss off the healer and often wipe the party. The best dps is the one outlives the boss.
    Tbh it is already fairly difficult to complete a challenging key without dying at least once as a warrior. Why mongo then?
    Last edited by mmocbd6f7263f8; 2018-09-16 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R74NN View Post
    And that's what I'm doing now.

I set up a run, with a message like "Everyone 330+ is welcome, if you don't mind occasional wipes." and it usually takes about 20-30min before the group is full. Not all, but most of the runs (M/M+2) were actually pretty smooth and fun. If I remember well, only one left in the course of like 8 runs.
    Then make it as a tank if you can't be bothered to wait

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Then make it as a tank if you can't be bothered to wait
    In that case I could even go and play completely different class or game.

I'm playing Fury, because I enjoy it. Why would I play something I don't like just because of that?