Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tanking in BfA is tiring.

Every healer/dps has different expectation for the tank. "tank mid" "tank here" "Do this" "skip that"

If you do even ONE thing wrong in their eyes? you get insulted.

I'm nice, i dont say shit when people fail constantly on the first boss of Temple because they can't see lightning shields, but when i tank the second boss in the middle, like i have been doing all along and going through fine, suddenly "learn to tank" "idiot"

It doesn't pay to be a nice person in this game, honestly it doesn't. I'm just gonna be a jerk from now and call people out constantly. If i get kicked i don't care, i get groups super easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Raghnar View Post
    People scare me when they confound a stupid video game with their job.
    I'm sure this kind of players is far less efficient when working.
    Logically, it makes sense for someone who works, and doesn't have a lot of free time, to want to get things they want to do in game quickly, so they get more bang for their time spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Tanking in BfA is tiring.

Every healer/dps has different expectation for the tank. "tank mid" "tank here" "Do this" "skip that"

If you do even ONE thing wrong in their eyes? you get insulted.
    Happens frequently enough, but to be honest, I've had very nice people as well (including a hunter who just showed be a waaaay better positioning for Rezan after I had an epic fail on the first pull).

Also, healers get a lot of shit as well.

It doesn't pay to be a nice person in this game, honestly it doesn't. I'm just gonna be a jerk from now and call people out constantly. If i get kicked i don't care, i get groups super easily.
    It doesn't pay to be a jerk either, so be the person you want to be. If you choose to be a jerk, that's on you, not on everyone else

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hard skips in some places require voice chat. Want to do it? Link discord/use voice, it increases chances significantly but don't be surprised if you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    The really annoying part is when people try so hard to skip easy packs only to have to backtrack at the end because we havent hit full 100%.

Still this dumb idea persists that only chumps clear trash and you have to tryhard skip them at every opportunity, even when the dungeons dont really allow for it.
    there are many packs which are harder or not needed. If you know your way around, why waste the time? Ofc. if you don't there is an argument there... but I find people who want to kill everything "just in case" more annoying than having to get an extra mob while going to the last boss.

What's your in game name, so i know never to invite you
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    That's why they shouldn't have tied rewards to timer.
    They did it to prevent people just sitting around waiting for cooldowns/consumables/lust for each pull doing a super high key they might not be able to do without said things.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Happens frequently enough, but to be honest, I've had very nice people as well (including a hunter who just showed be a waaaay better positioning for Rezan after I had an epic fail on the first pull).

Also, healers get a lot of shit as well.

It doesn't pay to be a jerk either, so be the person you want to be. If you choose to be a jerk, that's on you, not on everyone else
    Being "jerk" does pay while pugging sadly. Leaving dungeon after two wipes on the first boss instead of teaching group mechanics is a shit thing, but you would waste 60mins untill you clear it or you can find another group and be done in less than 40.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raghnar View Post
    People scare me when they confound a stupid video game with their job.
    I'm sure this kind of players is far less efficient when working.
    it is competitive. Even if gaming is a hobby, some people like min max. Have you seen lower leagues football players? They still get emotional over missed goals even tho it's only their free time after work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    To be efficient ?

To save time ?

Definetly not for those 2 reasons right ?
    But...MUH IMMERSION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would love it if raider io also listed how many times you abandoned your group.
    Nah, you can't know when you've signed up for a trap group with a paper tank or heroic-level DPS or people who literally can't mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Being "jerk" does pay while pugging sadly. Leaving dungeon after two wipes on the first boss instead of teaching group mechanics is a shit thing, but you would waste 60mins untill you clear it or you can find another group and be done in less than 40.
    I would rather waste 20 min of my day teaching someone how to do something so they know what to do the next time they are in that scenario.

Deleted
    If you don't want to go fast then maybe M+ isn't for you. You're pugging timed content and then being surprised / annoyed when the other 4 people want to do it fast.

Not knowing what trash is needed for the % is also entirely on you as a tank. Learn the dungeons, not knowing routes as a tank is about as bad as not knowing mechanics for m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherbrood View Post
    I would rather waste 20 min of my day teaching someone how to do something so they know what to do the next time they are in that scenario.
    As they say, build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Not knowing what trash is needed for the % is also entirely on you as a tank. Learn the dungeons, not knowing routes as a tank is about as bad as not knowing mechanics for m+.
    As has already been mentioned in this thread, this xpack's M+ first season started 10 days ago. If you're already perfectly familiar with optimal routes, feel free to share them with the tank to improve the community. If not, just cut the tank some slack

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would love it if raider io also listed how many times you abandoned your group.
    well, thing is that at least me and our guild mates often leave keys if we wipe like 2 times on first boss. Probably would not care too much tho, as I don't pug anything significant anyway but yea, some people are there to push the key for weekly, if they can't make it in time, better burn it instantly and try to push it up for a better key/go to do other key.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherbrood View Post
    That is you mate, there are people like that and they deserve respect, but I will never be like that for two things:
    I have my goals to complete in game as well as guild duties, all of that in addition to IRL stuff. Basically I choose my goals over random stranger.
    Many times I learn that a lot of people just want to get carried, not to learn. Even in some guilds, like you advise better talents for the fight or how to approach something and they still will do it their way because "they want to play as they are used to".. well then... want to play solo, I will leave you to play solo.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    I hate doing skips in pugs as a tank. Especially when i''m not 100% sure on the needed trash %

If the dps is decent enough and we don't wipe u easily make timer.
    Yeah why are people obsessed with skips in a timed environment :thinking:

Yeah its annoying AF. I mean if its a very simple and obvious skip, sure. But when you gotta run aorund for 20 seconds to skip a 25 second fight its just inconvenient as fuck, especially if theres a wipe. People insist on doing the most moronic paths in BFA i've noticed. And dont even get me started on running normals. Shitbags facepulling entire floors at once when you try and do a quick heroic daily

Unless it's a brain dead easy skip, I'm not doing it in a PUG and I don't care if we kill 125% of trash. It's better then killing 100% with 2 wipes cause Johny Skip over here doesn't actually know how to properly do it and pulls 2 groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the skips are simply ‘hug wall’, so I find it sad how people are failing at something as simple
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Yeah its annoying AF. I mean if its a very simple and obvious skip, sure. But when you gotta run aorund for 20 seconds to skip a 25 second fight its just inconvenient as fuck, especially if theres a wipe. People insist on doing the most moronic paths in BFA i've noticed. And dont even get me started on running normals. Shitbags facepulling entire floors at once when you try and do a quick heroic daily
    That's why you play with people you trust.

I've done tons of skips, but they are all well-executed because we communicate and everyone plays accordingly.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow