The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I like to imagine RJ's smug face, a feeling of success at being given the green light to write another trilogy and the fast forward to a few years later when he realizes that he was the one who ruined the franchise. So many bad decisions. An intelligent director and writer could have weaved multiculturalism and modern political agenda with a subtle touch that would have still made for a good movie. The thing is, you remove the obvious soapbox, replace the women with men, and the hue's of culture with whites, and what you have is a movie still awful by every measurable mark. He thought he made a masterpiece, but really we have over two hours documenting one man's ineptitude as a filmmaker.
    eh sure, star wars is overated anyway.

It had 2 good movies and the rest is mediocre. People need to get over it. Its just a damn space soap opera ffs
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Are we talking about starwars again? Always love talking about starwars.
    I used to, until TLJ dragged all the MRA rage into the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    It is a very mediocre movie. It isn't the worst SW movie imo, I would say AotC and PM are still worse than TLJ.
    I'd honestly put it above the whole prequel trilogy, but otherwise basically agree with you. I enjoyed it, but it's low on the list for me (incidentally for dramatically different reasons everyone else spazzes over it).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I used to, until TLJ dragged all the MRA rage into the conversation

I'd honestly put it above the whole prequel trilogy, but otherwise basically agree with you. I enjoyed it, but it's low on the list for me (incidentally for dramatically different reasons everyone else spazzes over it).
    I don’t know I always enjoy sourcing comparable Jedi/sith to rey and watching them try to explain how she’s different to the other presidents.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Precedents even.
    Ah I didn’t catch that Proabbly what I get for not rereading it before I posted.

I love how even this crap is still better than prequel trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Figured this was the right place to drop this bad boy.

"I hired Johnson to mow my overgrown yard and instead he bought a bunch of fertilizer and made my grass grow even taller. Said he was "subverting my expectations".

That quote sums up EP 8 for me.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

so i finally made my way through entire movie on netflix. it took multiple attempts and pauses to get through it becasue.. ugh. when you start to think about all the plot-points and how they connect and decisions the characters make its just... this is on part with "save Martha" scene from Batman v. Superman. occasionally worse. it felt like serial fanfiction, you know the kind where the writer doesn't have a concrete plan and just makes up each installment (or in case of this movie - each subsequent scene) as they go along, while simultaneously taking digs at the fans who may have different perceptions of the original. on a plus side, I may actualy go back to watching clone wars. becasue even Jar Jar Binks wasn't as annoying to watch as this thing.

i will say one thing. Chewie as a badass pilot, I did enjoy that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Visually? Yes
    Dialog? For the most part
    Overall story? Not even close

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Last jedi is one of the highest grossing films of 2018 and is killing it in blu ray sales.

All the haters sure like giving Disney their money
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Last jedi is one of the highest grossing films of 2018 and is killing it in blu ray sales
    All this is true, but it is a drastic decline compare to TFA, and SOLO did have to pay the real price for the faliur of TLJ.

If all was good, Katrina Kennedy would be everywhere in the media and promot ep 9 and speak about the future after ep 9 insted of go "radio silence" and Rian Johnson actually would have something to say about his new trilogy.....

Deleted
    With blade runner as #7, pretty sure it's a tiny percentage that bothers with blu ray purchases..

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-...so-far__22491/

Last jedi is one of the highest grossing films of 2018 and is killing it in blu ray sales.

Source on the blu ray?

10+ Year Old Account

You forgot 1 more thing. PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE MOVIE 9 MONTHS AFTER THE DAMN RELEASE!

It's the same scenario as the people that think WoW is dying because they don't care for it - complete lack of perspective regarding how small their vocal minority really is.

Its actually not doing very well comparatively:

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    You forgot 1 more thing. PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE MOVIE 9 MONTHS AFTER THE DAMN RELEASE!
    That might be a good thing IF ANY OF THAT TALK WERE ACTUALLY POSITIVE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Its actually not doing very well comparatively:
    ssshhhhhh

Don't give them the truth. It might hurt them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That might be a good thing IF ANY OF THAT TALK WERE ACTUALLY POSITIVE.
    Who cares? It is still 9 fucking months and people are still mad/dissapointed. Is it so hard to move on? Sometimes movies are shit, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Lol.
    Visually and character dialogue-vise maybe.
    But OVERALL story of the prequels?

Lets AJ explain it to you what the story of prequels was.

Now tell me what the overall story of the new trilogy is if not just a retread of the original trilogy, but done way WAY worse?
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2018-09-16 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    It's the same scenario as the people that think WoW is dying because they don't care for it - complete lack of perspective regarding how small their vocal minority really is.
    A majority of WoW subs have left compared to the peak in Wrath. Most of the people who grew tired of wow didn't complain, they gave no feedback, they just left.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Now tell me what the overall story of the new trilogy is if not just a retread of the original trilogy, but done way WAY worse?
    But that is the genius of the ST. It subverted your expectations of a new story by retelling the OT in an inferior way!
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2018-09-17 at 03:35 AM.