Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Perhaps not, but a set of 340 gear on a fresh 120 isn't anything to sneeze at, and doing all the rares gives you a very good chance of getting most of your gear slots filled in. It's an ongoing issue where Horde players are getting distinct advantages over Alliance players from a story and gearing standpoint (Horde players got all the Uldir buildup; it's entirely outside context for Alliance players, the item level restriction wasn't put in until after the Horde warfront went live, and now Horde players are getting an extra round of chances at 340 gear for farming rares that Alliance players have to wait up to two weeks for), which isn't going to help faction balance any. Getting more shots at the mounts, pets, and toys isn't helping matters any.
    This, 100%. I'm not going to be one of the people who goes, "Oh there's clearly Horde bias!", but it is a bit shitty that every single major issue this expansion has been in the Horde's favor.

- Uldir - The Alliance is literally just there because it's the first raid. There is no story as to why the Alliance is actually going there, and frankly, they'd be better off not going, letting the Horde either weaken themselves or outright lose to the Blood Trolls.
    - Warfronts - Apparently they reset for the faction who wins, which means that Horde should not have had access to the rare elites on the first week. Their rares should have unlocked with this exchange.
    - Warfronts - Again, no ilvl restriction for 2 days for the Horde meaning they could spam the queue, sit around, and come out with guaranteed 340 gear, not to mention their guaranteed 370 piece from the chest.
    - Warfronts - Yet again, Horde get first crack at them. Why? Just because Blizzard said so.

Faction imbalance is a thing, and when one side gets fairly major advantages over the other in which seems like simple incompetency and oversight on Blizzard's part definitely isn't going to help things, let alone soothe the feelings of Alliance players who have been, for expansions now, claiming Horde favoritism, to have all of their feelings basically reinforced.

Blizzard needs to get off their asses, and higher a much better quality control team. They also need to go back to the days of putting things out when they're ready, not to meet deadlines, which it's clear they are and have been doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I've yet to get a 340 from rares

But when I group up in a raid group like 10 items drop per rare across the group, but no luck for me
    Hang in there champ. Lady Luck will be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    - Uldir - The Alliance is literally just there because it's the first raid. There is no story as to why the Alliance is actually going there, and frankly, they'd be better off not going, letting the Horde either weaken themselves or outright lose to the Blood Trolls.
    If G'huun escaped, its viral nature would have likely wiped out everything.
    It only gets killed because of a massive reorigination beam you repeatedly hit it with(The Titan's "kill switch" if their pet project ever went off the rails).

Blizzard did a poor job for the Alliance learning about Uldir.
    Alliance go to Vol'duun and kill archaeologists studying the seal, then move on to the ones that found azerite deposits.
    Never really touch on the seal's importance, which sucks.
    Should have had the Alliance steal the Reliquary documents and uncover information about the destroyed seal.

Then in Nazmir, you just learn of a captain who got converted and works with the blood trolls.
    Brann should be obsessed with Uldir, but the questline cuts short and never delves into it more. They should have had him work with you and discover some archives or something from MOTHER that detail the threat G'huun poses.

Zuldazar's war mission should've taken place after the seal was destroyed. Perhaps have the Alliance realize the Horde/Zandalari are more concerned about G'huun, as they are sabotaging their ships/areas.

Then you could have had a culminated quest where Brann has put together the pieces, realizes all 3 seals are destroyed and that Uldir is about to open up and unleash G'huun. Pushing the Alliance to go there and stop it before G'huun can spread.

OT:
    I hope they give Alliance the chance to kill the rares again, I have a 120 ally alt and 2 120 horde.
    The imbalance isn't totally massive if you've been playing/gearing since the start, but for newcomers or alts you want to boost? Massive.
    My second horde alt hit cap after the 320 requirement, I pushed to that and within the last 2 days got 349 for my dps spec and 347 for my healing off spec.

Also did every mythic dungeon and barely got any gear, and of 4 M+ runs only received 1 decent item. Warfront gear felt more reliable to begin with.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2018-09-16 at 07:24 PM.

You know, it's perfectly possible the next Warfront will start with reversed factions.

As for the rares... really now? That's the thing you take issue with? Don't you have anything better to do than whine about cosmetics and mediocre gear?

Might as well claim the horde is disadvantaged here since they had 10 days less time to profit from the first round, so alliance has an easier time raising alts to do them over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You know, it's perfectly possible the next Warfront will start with reversed factions.

As for the rares... really now? That's the thing you take issue with? Don't you have anything better to do than whine about cosmetics and mediocre gear?

Might as well claim the horde is disadvantaged here since they had 10 days less time to profit from the first round, so alliance has an easier time raising alts to do them over.
    Pets and other collectables are a huge part of why some people play. Don't act ignorant to that just because you might not do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    There is a massive deal. The closer we are to launch, the more relevant the rare spawns are. Horde get gifted rares when we have it and then they get it gifted again where we have nothing. Horde get gifted no ilvl requirements for warfronts and alliance get stuck with ilvl 320. Right now is when it is most important to be able to kill the rares. Not in 2 weeks. Not in 5 weeks after that. Now.
    and alliance will have soon two chances on world boss who drops bis trinkets while horde only had one, but nobody cares about that because this thread is full of alliance crybabies who are mad about 340 loot or some toys
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    So I just went to Arathi on my Alliance character, and rarespawns weren't reset, but on my Horde character they are.

So... Alliance got fucked big time, huh?
    14 day reset approximately. When you take back the zone they will reset. Horde has waited 2 weeks also or approximately 12 days.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Pets and other collectables are a huge part of why some people play. Don't act ignorant to that just because you might not do the same.
    It's not like it's a world first type race to collect the new pets. Calm down.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    and alliance will have soon two chances on world boss who drops bis trinkets while horde only had one, but nobody cares about that because this thread is full of alliance crybabies who are mad about 340 loot or some toys
    -Horde got to farm rares while we controlled it. Access to 340 ilvl, mounts, pets, and toys.

-Horde got free gear handed to their fresh 120s. Alliance now have to be 320 or higher so they're not able to ride the freebie train.

-Alliance do not get another shot at the rares while Horde controls Arathi.

-The world boss is *lootable only once per faction control and not a guarantee for dropping loot. So while the Horde got a guaranteed 370 piece first the Alliance only had a chance.

(*=Unless I am mistaken and my character bugged out.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    It's not like it's a world first type race to collect the new pets. Calm down.
    Take your own advice lol. I'm well aware just collectors are a thing.

edit: Spelling and format.
    Last edited by Sett; 2018-09-16 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    Yes, but when the horde will take control the next time it will be their 3rd clear, when it should have been their second one.
    What you're saying is that horde should not have had them reset. So that when alliance takes back the warfront in 12 days, they would have had 2 resets to horde's 1.

Thats your idea of fair...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    didnt have much luck with drops but it was brilliant fun
    reminded me of searing gorge. Kill the 20X mobs and chasing down rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    If G'huun escaped, its viral nature would have likely wiped out everything.
    It only gets killed because of a massive reorigination beam you repeatedly hit it with(The Titan's "kill switch" if their pet project ever went off the rails).

Blizzard did a poor job for the Alliance learning about Uldir.
    Alliance go to Vol'duun and kill archaeologists studying the seal, then move on to the ones that found azerite deposits.
    Never really touch on the seal's importance, which sucks.
    Should have had the Alliance steal the Reliquary documents and uncover information about the destroyed seal.

Then in Nazmir, you just learn of a captain who got converted and works with the blood trolls.
    Brann should be obsessed with Uldir, but the questline cuts short and never delves into it more. They should have had him work with you and discover some archives or something from MOTHER that detail the threat G'huun poses.

Zuldazar's war mission should've taken place after the seal was destroyed. Perhaps have the Alliance realize the Horde/Zandalari are more concerned about G'huun, as they are sabotaging their ships/areas.

Then you could have had a culminated quest where Brann has put together the pieces, realizes all 3 seals are destroyed and that Uldir is about to open up and unleash G'huun. Pushing the Alliance to go there and stop it before G'huun can spread.

OT:
    I hope they give Alliance the chance to kill the rares again, I have a 120 ally alt and 2 120 horde.
    The imbalance isn't totally massive if you've been playing/gearing since the start, but for newcomers or alts you want to boost? Massive.
    My second horde alt hit cap after the 320 requirement, I pushed to that and within the last 2 days got 349 for my dps spec and 347 for my healing off spec.

Also did every mythic dungeon and barely got any gear, and of 4 M+ runs only received 1 decent item. Warfront gear felt more reliable to begin with.
    honestly, it reminds me of cataclysm.
    alot of the alliance quest chains were cut in relation to twilight highlands.
    fargo flintlock acted more as a band-aid to keep what remained connected.

They should reset rares for both factions every swap. Wouldnt be a problem if I could go there and kill them again now. Its only fair. Horde players should be on our side here, not making excuses for blizz bias.

Oh no, another of those toopic about an alliance crying that Hordes get everything.

PS Sylvannas's not evil, you deserve to die

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This, 100%. I'm not going to be one of the people who goes, "Oh there's clearly Horde bias!", but it is a bit shitty that every single major issue this expansion has been in the Horde's favor.

- Warfronts - Apparently they reset for the faction who wins, which means that Horde should not have had access to the rare elites on the first week. Their rares should have unlocked with this exchange.
    - Warfronts - Again, no ilvl restriction for 2 days for the Horde meaning they could spam the queue, sit around, and come out with guaranteed 340 gear, not to mention their guaranteed 370 piece from the chest.
    - Warfronts - Yet again, Horde get first crack at them. Why? Just because Blizzard said so.

Faction imbalance is a thing, and when one side gets fairly major advantages over the other in which seems like simple incompetency and oversight on Blizzard's part definitely isn't going to help things, let alone soothe the feelings of Alliance players who have been, for expansions now, claiming Horde favoritism, to have all of their feelings basically reinforced.

Blizzard needs to get off their asses, and higher a much better quality control team. They also need to go back to the days of putting things out when they're ready, not to meet deadlines, which it's clear they are and have been doing.
    The Horde zones even got more Hunter pet looks both new and upgraded. Horde zones have around 94 looks while Alliance has 68. New creatures heavily lean towards the Horde zones as well.

I think they just started with the Horde stuff first and bit off more than they could chew so they just slapped shit together like the Alliance mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    14 day reset approximately. When you take back the zone they will reset. Horde has waited 2 weeks also or approximately 12 days.
    They haven't waited for anything, they got to do rares, then they got to do the warfront, and now they got to do rares again. They always had something to do.

Alliance got to do rares, then they got to wait as Horde did the warfront, and now they can watch the Horde kill rares again.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    That's the weakest, most clumsy and obviously false story I've ever heard.....On 3 characters, every rare...1 item altogether....So, please stop trolling...
    I did all the rares today and got a 340 a 345 and a pet. He's not trolling, you just have very bad rng.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The other half of my alt army is Alliance, and they're locked out.
    Ahh that sucks, my alt army is all horde but 1
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    What you're saying is that horde should not have had them reset. So that when alliance takes back the warfront in 12 days, they would have had 2 resets to horde's 1.

Thats your idea of fair...
    No Horde should have never been able to loot them originally to begin with because they did not control the zone.

It would have had the cycle perform correctly rather than Horde getting an additional stab at collecting things off of rares. There is zero way for the Alliance to ever catch up on that.

Seems pretty obvious the Horde weren't meant to be able to farm rares the first cycle. It's meant to be an activity for the controlling faction. Just another piece of evidence for the "favoritism" conspiracy theory that more likely belongs in the ineptitude and mismanagement pile.