Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    It is? Since when?
    Xe'ra in Legion, Mag'har recruitment scenario

Also I think it was in the Alleria & Turalyon audio drama, but might have been somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the Orcs accept a race that enslaved them and led to the destruction of their planet? Why would the Blood Elves want them throwing Fel everywhere? Tauren, Trolls and Pandas would hate them too. The Nightborne and Highmountain recently almost lost their homes to the Legion and Goblins can;t make any profit from destroyed worlds.

Mana'ri can fuck off and die.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Be honest. You just want /waggle on the Horde.
    Admit it! :P.
    He's on to us! Scatter!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Xe'ra in Legion, Mag'har recruitment scenario

Also I think it was in the Alleria & Turalyon audio drama, but might have been somewhere else.
    Not exactly being built up to be the next Big Bad though. Xe'ra just showed that nobody should blindly follow the light without question, and the Mag'har orcs scenario is just another cautionary tale that the light is not immune to being misinterpreted. It's no different from the scarlet crusade breaking away from the silver hand to become zealots. I'm not saying the Light will never be the enemy, they could well be setting the groundwork for that but we still have to defeat N'zoth and the Void Lords, they are the clear and present dangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Not exactly being built up to be the next Big Bad though. Xe'ra just showed that nobody should blindly follow the light without question, and the Mag'har orcs scenario is just another cautionary tale that the light is not immune to being misinterpreted. It's no different from the scarlet crusade breaking away from the silver hand to become zealots. I'm not saying the Light will never be the enemy, they could well be setting the groundwork for that but we still have to defeat N'zoth and the Void Lords, they are the clear and present dangers.
    Well the Naaru Saa'ra has starting to build her army of light zombies because I don't believe she will stop with Calia and with the update of the tomb of Uther so we are gonna face another light entities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Yea sure, just give the alliance Yaungol or Taunka.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Well the Naaru Saa'ra has starting to build her army of light zombies because I don't believe she will stop with Calia and with the update of the tomb of Uther so we are gonna face another light entities.
    Maybe the Alliance will get Lightborne Forsaken and Calia will be their leader, maybe Saa'ra will as you say, raise an army, or maybe for now Calia is it. We can speculate on what might happen but there are certain things we know are coming. We know N'zoth is out there somewhere growing in strength, we know the Void Lords Really want Azeroth and we know Azshara has a part to play soon, those are the immediate threats. Sure, stuff is happening with the light at the moment but I don't think there will be any huge revelations about it anytime soon, it took us the entirety of wow so far to defeat the Legion and we have only recently discovered that the Void has been indirectly responsible for it all. It's a bit soon to be throwing another full blown bad guy into the mix seeing as we haven't even started against the void in earnest yet.
    Last edited by LaserChild9; 2018-09-15 at 03:38 PM.
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Maybe the Alliance will get Lightborne Forsaken and Calia will be their leader, maybe Saa'ra will as you say, raise an army, or maybe for now Calia is it. We can speculate on what might happen but there are certain things we know are coming. We know N'zoth is out there somewhere growing in strength, we know the Void Lords Really want Azeroth and we know Azshara has a part to play soon, those are the immediate threats. Sure, stuff is happening with the light at the moment but I don't think there will be any huge revelations about it anytime soon, it took us the entirety of wow so far to defeat the Legion and we have only recently discovered that the Void has been indirectly responsible for it all. It's a bit soon to be throwing another full blown bad guy into the mix seeing as we haven't even started against the void in earnest yet.
    That is why I believe the whole reunion between forsakens and humans and the visions were made by N'ztoh and Saa'ra, both knows the other side wants to claim the world soul for their own purpose and both aren't gonna let the other side grow to much in power, so far we know why would the void lords but the light we know nothing, maybe the naaru wants to bring their light lord to this universe or the light has an imperius like guy that wants to do the same thing as Sargeras, we know the light vs void thing is turning like the storyline of Diablo so when we learn about the void lords, blizzard will throw they are "bad guys" in the light side, even Illidan vision hinted that as he saw a cosmic strugle for power and being the top dog in the whole universe.

Besides we can deal with 2 enemies or more without hurting the storyline, we have the old gods menace, the scourge and the legion back in vanilla
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    That is why I believe the whole reunion between forsakens and humans and the visions were made by N'ztoh and Saa'ra, both knows the other side wants to claim the world soul for their own purpose and both aren't gonna let the other side grow to much in power, so far we know why would the void lords but the light we know nothing, maybe the naaru wants to bring their light lord to this universe or the light has an imperius like guy that wants to do the same thing as Sargeras, we know the light vs void thing is turning like the storyline of Diablo so when we learn about the void lords, blizzard will throw they are "bad guys" in the light side, even Illidan vision hinted that as he saw a cosmic strugle for power and being the top dog in the whole universe.

Besides we can deal with 2 enemies or more without hurting the storyline, we have the old gods menace, the scourge and the legion back in vanilla
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't see it happening anytime soon if it does. I think Death is a more likely introduction than turning the light against us. Death is what the Void fears and now Sylvanas seems to have gone off the deep end but Blizz states that she isn't just like Garrosh. Maybe Sylvanas has been corrupted or controlled by death, right now she is doing all the things Arthas did, even though she hated him for it, all she wants to do is kill everything and raise it as undead, she is even using blight now. Taelia Fordragon has also just been introduced out of nowhere and we know her father, Bolvar, is awake and planning things from the DK artifact weapon quests in legion. What if Calia was the lights way of experimenting, to see if it could do similar things to death? On top of that we know the less about Death than all of the other cosmic forces and now They have re-introduced Bwonsamdi, loa of death, who has implied he has some sort of master that won't be happy that Vol'jin's soul is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph76 View Post
    As if the Horde wasn't full of edgelords already. Also no Orc would ever EVER accept them as allies.
    Orcs have no voice in new better Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Let's stop giving character models to the opposite faction. Giving Horde draenei models would mean that the Alliance would get something from the Horde (like these dumb lightforged undead). It was already a mistake doing that with Night/Blood Elves. The factions being recolored versions of each other makes them redundant anyway.
    No, colors are enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Cured from Fel? No. What's the point in that case. But the red/grey skinned Eredar are swell. Throw some Doommaided as the racial leader.

Alliance can have Gilgoblins in exchange.
    Gilgoblins are too primitive. Maybe high elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    If an existing race calling foul would be enough to keep an allied race from joining a faction, the Zandalari (with their long history of allying with the Mogu/their recent attacks on Pandaria, and their long-standing enmity with the Darkspears) wouldn't be candidates with both the trolls and pandaren calling foul. And the orcs haven't really been in a position of power in the Horde since Garrosh's fall, since then they've been on even keel with the other Horde races.
    Zul isn't Zandalar. It's like blaming Dalaran for Kel'thuzad.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Zul isn't Zandalar. It's like blaming Dalaran for Kel'thuzad.
    Perhaps if a sizeable force of Kirin Tor mages wearing Kirin Tor tabards and espousing Kirin Tor ideals participated in Kel'Thuzad's shenanigans, you'd have a point, but they didn't and you don't. The Zandalari were happy to follow Zul's attempts to reclaim their romanticized glory days under him, including a sizeable force of Zandalari with the 'lesser tribes' (Gurubashi, Farakki, Drakkari, and Amani) used as cannon fodder, and also including a history of allying with slave-owning tyrants who exploded their slaves for funsies. They don't get to disown that just because Zul's plan ended up really fucking terrible (turns out picking a fight with both world superpowers and the beer-loving natives they're trying to make friends with doesn't usually go over well) and the Horde came by to offer them an alternative solution.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't see it happening anytime soon if it does. I think Death is a more likely introduction than turning the light against us. Death is what the Void fears and now Sylvanas seems to have gone off the deep end but Blizz states that she isn't just like Garrosh. Maybe Sylvanas has been corrupted or controlled by death, right now she is doing all the things Arthas did, even though she hated him for it, all she wants to do is kill everything and raise it as undead, she is even using blight now. Taelia Fordragon has also just been introduced out of nowhere and we know her father, Bolvar, is awake and planning things from the DK artifact weapon quests in legion. What if Calia was the lights way of experimenting, to see if it could do similar things to death? On top of that we know the less about Death than all of the other cosmic forces and now They have re-introduced Bwonsamdi, loa of death, who has implied he has some sort of master that won't be happy that Vol'jin's soul is missing.
    For all we know death is a minor force if they have some boss, since the wild gods are the "lords of the life" and they nowhere near in powerlevel than the legion or any creature of arcane like Aluneth but for sure there beings borned in the shadowlands but the tops dogs are the Titans, Light and Void gods. Besides the death hates the undeads because is mock for them, they are souls atached in a horrible way with dark magic to their old bodies and their souls can't go to the shadow lands or their designed afterlife and without mention they also broke the cycle of life as well, you can compare this with the light dreadlord or a cleansed void god like Saa'ra was before turning into a naaru, the bosses will see that kind of things more like a insult to their very own nature, that is why I can't buy the idea of some death god that wants everyone to be undead because that will left him/her jobless

I'd be very fine with fel butts on the horde to balance out void butts.

I mean, what?

In terms of lore though, I'm not sure a redemption story for the man'ari would make for a very original or interesting story. If anything, I'd see blizzard creating some shiny new subrace for the horde, such as void draenei, nature draenei or maybe Unbroken draenei who were once krokul and reverted the process but now have X shiny feature because reasons.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2018-09-16 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides the death hates the undeads because is mock for them.
    Says who? We know nothing about death in wow. The undead are to Death what the faceless ones are to the Void, mortal creatures twisted to their side.

I can't buy the idea of some death god that wants everyone to be undead because that will left him/her jobless
    Have you not considered that if the Void takes control death will also likely be out of a job because there will be nothing left to die, also if the Void Lords take over everything, what is their purpose then? When there's nothing left to consume, when everything is the Void will they not also be jobless? You are assuming that a possible Death god likes his current existence and is happy with the status quo.

Says who? We know nothing about death in wow. The undead are to Death what the faceless ones are to the Void, mortal creatures twisted to their side.

Have you not considered that if the Void takes control death will also likely be out of a job because there will be nothing left to die, also if the Void Lords take over everything, what is their purpose then? When there's nothing left to consume, when everything is the Void will they not also be jobless? You are assuming that a possible Death god likes his current existence and is happy with the status quo.
    Well every death "god" we have meeted has expresed their hatred toward undead, bwonsamdi every time you take a quest for him and the wq is about taking down zombies so he can reclaim their souls, undead= an inmortal being which souls can't go to the afterlife, you are pretty much leting them starve.

The void lords are just the chaos itself and we don't know if everyone has the same plan, one of them could want to reshape the universe with void life just like the current void elves doing sacrifice every while and most of them could be like the quote of the joker in dark knight: just dogs chasing cars and if they hit the chasis, they don't know what else to do, maybe the universe restarts again in another plane and they just continue to their work.

Man'ari: "Yo, can we like join you and all? I know we messed stuff up big time with your orcs, but be pragmatic about it! We were rejected by Velen!!"
    Sylvanas: "Do you hate the Alliance?"
    Man'ari: "We wanna kill all the Lightforged and those freakin' draenei bastards."
    Sylvanas: "You're hired."

Add a few lines about Eitrigg going way back with some draenei before he turned into a Man'ari and have Rexxar help them create some infernals, summon demons and you've got yourself a new Horde allied race intro scenario by Blizzard's standards.

The leader can be Kil'all Skullcrushbodystomper, clearly a misunderstood victim of Sargeras, who will be rejected by the Alliance draenei in the recruitment scenario because he only tried tried to kill a few thousand of them here and there over the course of ten millenia.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-09-17 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    we don't need 10 different versions of existing races.
    draenei and LF are enough.
    What about broken/krokul?

Quote Originally Posted by Kick-Ass-Pope View Post
    Yea sure, just give the alliance Yaungol or Taunka.
    Or Grimtotem....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Or Grimtotem....
    Grimtotem have been in the Horde since Cata.

Under this guy https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jevan_Grimtotem
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

5+ Year Old Account
    yea no let them join the Over Zealous Lightforged ones that CLEARLY will not want them dead for sure....... sometimes alliance players impress me..

Sounds cool, but will not work, not on BfA, not now, because of :

1- we need a good explanation arround the Fel vs ????
    2- Maanari can be Rogues so the alliance/horde/whatever counterpart should be a hoof race wih the rogue option too.... Krokul/broken draenei
    3- it needs to appease the alliance crybaby claiming the Horde bias, wich at this point, evertyhing that Blizzard does its horde bias. You see Anduins Nose so perfect and majestic??? Horde bias.