Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    $50 which will probably get you yet ANOTHER limited edition in-game mount for WoW along with other goodies for other games. Considering mounts in the store are already $25 that's not a bad deal.
    If its like last year, its 2 mounts, one for Alliance and on for Horde. 50$

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    The saddest part is seeing adults think $50 is a lot of money.....saddens me
    Breaking news!
    World isn't only USA, lot of countries even in the EU have minimal wage around 300€/400$. The price for the ticket is same for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by scart35 View Post
    Breaking news!
    World isn't only USA, lot of countries even in the EU have minimal wage around 300€/400$. The price for the ticket is same for everyone.
    Uh, you mean "World isn't only EU. The USA has a failing economy and people are often paid below minimum wage"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Who really cares about $50?
    How many minutes/hours of your work is these 50$ you don’t care about? You will most likely lie about it anyway, but you have already proven who you are - with such a note. Good luck in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    The saddest part is seeing adults think $50 is a lot of money.....saddens me
    If I were to believe forum warriors ... ever ...
    Apparently in Colorado the avg salary is 23$/h - that’s 2 hours of work. I appreciate my time. You do as you please. But I don’t believe you earn your own money. As simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    $50 dollars isn't that much any longer for something like this. Couple of days of news, interviews and stuff plus a lot of game stuff. We looked into tickets to see David Crosby for a couple of hours in November and that started at around $75 per person. I can't really say if being in the same room as a legend but 150 feet away in a balcony is all that much more attractive (+ parking and everything else) than staying at home for two days with some snacks and having a couple of friends over to watch the convention and chat over things.

I won't be buying it this year because there's not really anything going on that I need to see live. It appears to be pretty much a big OverWatch celebration this year and the only thing I'm regularly playing is WoW (and not that much) so I'll give it a pass and catch up with it from the site's coverage. I got it last year for the mount and watched most of it in chunks over the next week. But this year seems to be pretty much a meh for me.
    And yet there are companies that do this kind of thing for free with similar gaming events.

Pax is free on Twitch, so is Gamescom, so is E3, so is PS Experience, so is FF14 fanfest starting this year and so on.

As I said imo Blizzcon should be 100% free. However they should sell the items on the store. They would still rake in a tidy amount and they said they operate Blizzcon at a loss anyway.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-17 at 10:33 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Uh, you mean "World isn't only EU. The USA has a failing economy and people are often paid below minimum wage"?
    I meant exactly what I've written. According to the his location he is living in the Colorado=USA and he is applying his standart of living upon the whole world.
    And when it comes to the question if 50 bucks is a lot... Well, I can only say what I know from my own experience and that's, that 50 bucks is an awful amount for what you get when compared to the avarage sallary in the EU (won't even compare it to the whole world).

edit: For me it's around 5hrs of work for what? 1-2hrs of "exclusive" content that I will have to pay for in the form of subsription?
    Last edited by scart35; 2018-09-17 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    $50 isn't much compared to concert, movies - or any other 2-day webinar that you might want to see. It's probably much less.
    So I don't really have issue with the actual dollar amount, it seems to be inline with what can be expected from similar event these days.

It's the total value proposition doesn't work for me - paying $50 to listen to 2 days of marketing fluff isn't just worth the time (and I'm not really that interested in the other Blizzard games).

I'd like to see actual conference talks from Blizzard included in it - think GDC (about their development methods, design principles, operations planning, security etc) - like a real conference. But Blizzcon is mainly a fan convention so they don't have much content in that category and the little they do have (like the engineering panels) is not part of the Virtual Ticket.. duh.

So.. a hard pass.
    Probably less about personal account balancing for most people and more about not participating in another obvious money grab from a game with a monthly pay-to-play model. I know it is for me.

You wan't to burn money paying to watch a commercial, go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and this it the main problem for most of people here.

the problem is not throwing 50 $ or 800k gold - the question is if it will be worth it. and unless there is amazing mount in there no its not - for me.
    Sure, that's true. Haven't bought it yet - personally I'm waiting for the rest of the in-game goodies to be announced (not impressed by the Sombra skin).

If it's another murloc pet I'll pass. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    unless there is amazing mount in there no its not - for me.
    The fact that you'd consider that a mount would make it worth it is just silly. I'm a dude that buys it with in-game gold - no other uses for it - for the 'event' itself, but i found it amusing that throwing a random mount to it suddenly makes it 'worth it' to others. Good for you.

Why would I lie about it? Believe it or not, $100 per hour is not a whole lot of money these days.
    210k a year isn't a lot? it's 3.5 times the median average for the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    bet you 100 dollars they would have. And that is part of my point.
    Yes the price going up is not something great. But acting like its the end of the world is also wrong. And a lot of people in this thread act like they are not getting their money's worth. i call 2 mounts ( or 3), 1 pet, some other stuff for games, 1 skin + % off the goody bag + seeing the show live is a good deal for 50 or even 60 bucks.
    And that is the fun part btw....people do not talk about the fact that they goody "bag" you can get is 10 bucks cheaper...
    Nobody is acting like it's the end of the world. People are annoyed (and reasonably so) that Blizzard have increased the price for no other reason than greed. I bet you $100 that Mike Morhaime will be up on stage at the opening ceremony and talk about how it's all about community. Clearly someone at Blizzard doesn't care to make it slightly easier for the community to be watching him speak.

Also you can hardly say it's two mounts when talking about the cost. At best it's two halfs of a mount. I cannot use one of the mounts on the faction I play. If I buy a store mount I can use it on either faction. It is nit picking, but when you're using it to try and justify costs compared to other store mounts it matters.
    Finally the goodybag discount is only useful to Americans. I bought the 2015 + 16 goody bag, and the cost of shipping (to the UK) was almost the cost of the bag itself.

it does, it shows how the stuff has been growing in the virtual goody bags, but the price has not.
    And they they added more pannels to watch...so there is more to see. :S:S
    While yes it is subjective, the goody bag has been getting objectively worse. 2016 had a great bag. but since then it's been horrible. I've purchased either from ebay or direct from Blizzard the bag for years, but last year was awful, and this year looks just as bad. I'm kind of happy they've started to become so awful, because it's helped break my need to own them. Seriously other than the artbook, which I guess i'd pay $10-$20 for, everything else in the bag this year is just cheap tat. I wouldn't be surprised it if costs less then $10 to make.

Nope, and maybe they will not. Maybe they will.
    Nothing i was talking about how the price did not went up when overwatch joined. So maybe they choose not to raise it that year. but give us a gift of a less expensive blizzcon.
    When Overwatch was added to Blizzcon they didn't increase add new content. They took away content from other areas and gave it to Overwatch. Not sure how long you've followed Blizzcon, but world of Warcraft used to have half a dozen panels devoted to the game. They used to even have a two hour panel dedicated to lore questions. We haven't seen that panel in years. Now we get one Q&A panel that lasts only an hour and has to handle the whole game. Considering half the questions are about something explained in detail three hours earlier, then a quarter of done through a cringe nerve wracked host, it's very disappointing.

Then you should check your internet. Because i have never had any problems.
    And that is my point it was expensive ( relative) before OW, then it got cheaper ( for getting more for the same price), and now its back to old levels.
    No he shouldn't. I've never watched a Blizzcon with the virtual ticket, nor have i personally met anyone who watched it, and it not be a a horrible experience. A great example, me and my girlfriend last year had to each buy the virtual ticket as we weren't living in the same city at the time. Both of us had high speed broadband capable of streaming 4k videos and movies, but we couldn't watch together as we would both get random stops in the steam for 2-5 seconds a time, and if we paused the steam it made it very difficult to go back to the point we were on.
    The Blizzcon steam quality is always very poor for everyone I've ever met.

I have no understanding of your second comment. I'll try and understand, so before Overwatch it was expensive. Overwatch came out, and then it was the "correct value", but we had no Diablo content last year, so was it cheap last year? If we have Diablo this year is it the "correct" price or at a cheaper price? Also are all games priced the same? Is Hearthstone worth as much as World of Warcraft? Do esports count towards the cost even though every other gaming convention streams them for free? The cost of esports is important, because the convention took over a new wing last year which was absorbed by esports content. Also allowed them to sell more tickets, but ignore that. I mean Blizzard haven't increased Blizzcon to three days, so i'm confused at what wholly new content has been added within those two days that wasn't taken from other content that was there.

Also if there is a lot more content at Blizzcon now then last year or even the year before, why hasn't the "physical" ticket price increased since 2014?

And again people are crying because a game maker decide's to give some exclusive stuff for a bit more money then last year . And people start crying. Its not a weapon, gear or anything else that gives you a edge ingame. So its not mandetory to get. Its for fans who are willing to pay for it. You do not have to buy if you do not want to. Its that easy.
    Nobody is crying, but people are upset. Blizzard talks a lot community especially at Blizzcon, but this move only makes it harder for people to feel apart of the "Blizzard community" It flies in the face of the BS they'll try and shovel at the convention. People are upset, because it's a very obvious greed driven move by Blizzard.

Blizzard have said Blizzcon doesn't make any money in the past, but in 2017+2018 those numbers just don't add up anymore. I'll be very generous and say the convention centre doesn't cost more than $200k to rent for the weekend. I've no doubt Blizzard will get a discount based on their loyalty to the convention centre.

Physical ticket sales alone raise almost $7 Million. Being conservative of say 3 quarters of a million virtual ticket purchases is another potential 18-19 Million. Do Blizzard really need the extra 5-7 million to run Blizzcon before sponsorships?

The real "problem" I'm seeing in these types of threads is that the BlizzCon VT really is "worth" $50 to people, but they can't afford $50, so they are butthurt.
    Even homeless people can afford $50. The problem is the value, if the digital items are great then it's worth it. The content itself is almost meaningless as most of the important panels (like the opening ceremony) are free or available online shortly afterwards. Overall and in my opinion, the virtual tickets aren't worth it.

Does anyone know when they will release the details of the World of Warcraft in-game loot? Think we will get a mount? Hopefully we do. If the mount looks really epic, I will most likely buy it.

The median average for the USA includes Walmart cashiers and Uber drivers. It's not my fault if people undervalue themselves. Maybe you should move somewhere with better salaries if you want "expensive" things.
    I'm not complaining about the price, I'm calling out your bullshit.
    Just because you're angry doesn't change reality, and belittling people because you're more successful is pathetic. You would be up to your neck in filth if it wasn't for blue collar workers.

Get over yourself.

And if you don't value your money, I have a nickel to sell you for $100.

The real "problem" I'm seeing in these types of threads is that the BlizzCon VT really is "worth" $50 to people, but they can't afford $50, so they are butthurt.
    Um no I see precisely the opposite, most people are saying it's not worth it.

Also I know quite a few people on six figure incomes and none of them spend any time telling people to stop being poor on gaming forums. Most of them are too busy and also too gracious for that shit. I'm casting serious doubt on your little life story you've got going there.

Oh, this post just reminded me that I haven't purchased my virtual ticket yet.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Why would I lie about it? Believe it or not, $100 per hour is not a whole lot of money these days. I'm far from rich, but I have no monthly expenses of note. My house is paid for, and I have no debt of any kind.

Even if you only make less than $50 per hour, if you aren't wasting your money at the bar or on cigarettes everyday, you should be rolling in disposable income. Maybe you don't know how birth control works, and you have eight kids, but that's not our problem. You can feel free to watch the coverage on YouTube. The rest of us will buy the VT if we want to.

BTW, I don't like caviar. You're not missing out on anything.
    I don't know about your surroundings, but boy, you seem out of touch with reality. $100.- an hour is a lot for most people. Did you know the median income for a family in the Netherlands is $43.254? And we're far from a third world country. The median family income in the US is $57,230 to $59,039, the median income in canada is a bit over 70,336.

To say that $100,- isn't a lot either says a lot about your spending habbits, and your view on the world. I dont mind, if you got it, flaunt it, but don't say it "isn't a lot these days", that's just a factual lie. On the other hand, it's possible that you live at your parents house, and only know income figures from MTV, and therefore have a warped world view, in which case I pity you when you start working.

I dont make 250k a year, thank god, I would have to have a busy job and no time for WoW, or shitposting on MMOchamp :-)

I do agree on your statement regarding caviar, seldom was something as overrated as those slimey blobs of cold salty water, yuck. (same like oysters, waste of money)

It wont personally cost me a penny because I have capped my battlenet balance at £200 by buying wow tokens and have a subscription that runs to nearly the end of 2019 also from wow tokens.... Tokens that I bought with gold from Legion order hall missions for basically no extra effort (beyond 10 mins on the Legion app each day). There's nothing in game really worth spending gold on other than the AH mount (which I can almost afford now) so why wouldn't I use some battlenet balance on the virtual ticket ?

Deleted
    They should sell game based tickets, as in virtual tickets just for WoW or Diablo fans and etc..

50$ is a lot to ask for a bloody Virtual Ticket in which the content I can watch a few days after or u know in some..places..for..free..

just think about it ... $50 for an ingame pet? other pets from the store are $10. arguing $50 isn’t worth it is perfectly reasonable. maybe if it’s a cool mount who knows ... then again I believe $40 is more than enough since it’s essentially free money for blizzard - the ingame rewards and the actual convention would be there even without virtual ticket.