Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Innugammii View Post
    The rewards fro time-gating and grading are not worth it.
    Haha well why you do it then?? What is this all about? You wan't to play 6 hours per day and every minute is "worth" something. "Worth" in terms of (gear) progression or what. This is not what -playing- a game is about.

Apart from that it's not that ALL classes are utterly broken. Shadow Priests and Shamans definately have their issues but well, sky is not fallen because of this.

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure the BfA whiners have done the same whining already at the beginning of every expansion. Yet they are still playing. Don't give them too much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    People like to bitch, seriously look at the threads on here and reddit about things like fetid nerfs, something only ~100 players experienced, and people were throwing a bitchy fit about it.

That isnt to say BFA is perfect, or that we should just accept everything as is, but there is just so much senseless whining this expansion and people also aren't giving any critical feedback. I have enjoyed BFA, and while not perfect it gets a solid 8/10 for me.
    Maybe that's why Blizzard "ignores feedback", when feedback is only tantrum and names.

Deleted
    Stop the QQ. Youre just a vocal minority! Silent majority is having fun!!!
    http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...-1&factionid=2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    I'm fairly sure the BfA whiners have done the same whining already at the beginning of every expansion. Yet they are still playing. Don't give them too much attention.
    Yeah everybody knows em. My marriage is shit, but i am not splitting up. My job sucks, i do it for years now... Poor glass is half empty people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    Mythic+ doesn't provide a whole new type of content. It's the same dungeons, they just scale up.
    This is just wrong, it absolutely does. Content refers to activities you can do ingame. Mythic+ is an (near) endless treadmill of power progression with alternating affixes each week in an attempt to keep dungeons from getting stale.

Imagine if we only had 1 raid mode; LFR, and they suddenly introduced heroic/mythic versions. This would create a whole different community regarding raids which wasn't seen before.

Deleted
    Compared to Legion first months, BfA is imho fine. Legion took a very long time to correct some of the the most glaring issues (the AP grind, the legendaries, the first raid terribly balanced) and has been a very enjoyable expac afterwards. Warfronts and expeditions have to be polished, but they're not core features. Uldir is good and some dungeons really interesting. The dungeon bosses have more personality and fun mechanics than the dull dungeon Legion bosses.

Is BfA perfect? Hell no. Class balance is questionable and I don't like how some classes have been stripped off interesting abilities. Uldir's writing is especially lazy (oh, looks like the Titans fucked up again their prison). But BfA after one month has more content and is better than Legion after one month, hands down.
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2018-09-17 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is always negativity regarding WoW, every expansion, what feels like masses, complain on forums.

It's nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's due to the regression, however slight, from Legion in class/combat design together with the fact that the new features of the game turned out to be underwhelming for most. Also G'huun being a mediocre trash fight.

I think they'd pleased more of the casual crowd if they had more allied races unlockable at launch. They basically gave away most of it during Legion so as those four races feel more like Legion content than BFA.

Anyone else thinks expansion launches are crucial? If I quit during Legion for some reason (being cyclical and whatnot) then come back to try the new expac and it's shit, will I come back later for a patch? Who would? Expansion launch should be the best time of the whole lifecycle, not the "whooopsie, we will fix it for x.1, x.2 whatevs". I find it weird.

For me the game feels weird. On one hand the art team is pouring their heart into the game and it shows, the game is pretty, inviting, on the other hand I feel like I'm being watched from behind a hidden wall mirror and 3-4 technicians are tracking how much time I spend in game and how could they pad it more in any possible way. It doesn't feel organic (tbh for a long time now so it's not just this expac). I smell spreadsheets and pie charts with anything I do, anywhere I go, anything I touch. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillboy View Post
    Haha well why you do it then?? What is this all about? You wan't to play 6 hours per day and every minute is "worth" something. "Worth" in terms of (gear) progression or what. This is not what -playing- a game is about.

Apart from that it's not that ALL classes are utterly broken. Shadow Priests and Shamans definately have their issues but well, sky is not fallen because of this.
    when I say worth I mean, except the mounts and tabards, everything else they can get rid of, because it became obsolete in 3 weeks of time, the gear. Why I do them? because of the each and story that's gated behind them ?????

On the reward side, if you don't do profession there is no benefit in them, except the mount. Well, that's good enough it seams. At least that's how I see it .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    There is always negativity regarding WoW, every expansion, what feels like masses, complain on forums.

It's nothing new.
    Except more people started to voice them selfs. People who had enough with dropping of storylines 8 i ahve hit they will drop again parts of the story they started, like always, and that should not be happening all the time) , and so on and on and on ... after 100 there are no talents what so ever... Ya, you have artifact wap, that are not used anymore, and now azurite gear, that's in shambles.

What so good in the current War front system ? Or the number fo them? There are still 3 more to come, but when ? in the mid exp? Sure time gating is good, but nah, they started to time gate too much, if they don't announce Zand and Kul races tomorrow il see it as lazy and money grabbing, there is no reason why they should already not be in the game in a way. What? Half a year after the game launches? Gool luck paying a boost later on and catching up on everything, or race change, or lvl them from scratch just so you get an ARMOR. No they could not put in some challenge, or do x dungeons on max lvl geat the gear, Nah lvling ( another way of time-gating if you ask me ) lazy and money grabing.

I am a Vivid fan for more then 20 years, nearly never complained, but things stared to really come out of the place, you cans ay we are crybabies, but if in 2-3 m time you see a million drop in player base , don't be suprised.

I am doing the raid and m+, and it's good, but that's not enough, if other things are half finished, broken, or TimeGate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    This is just wrong, it absolutely does. Content refers to activities you can do ingame. Mythic+ is an (near) endless treadmill of power progression with alternating affixes each week in an attempt to keep dungeons from getting stale.

Imagine if we only had 1 raid mode; LFR, and they suddenly introduced heroic/mythic versions. This would create a whole different community regarding raids which wasn't seen before.
    It's not exactly content for me because I hate timed runs (though I don't want to slack either, but I want to go strategically and not rush things), but it's definitively a different type of content than usual dungeons. You have additional layers of difficulty by the timer, by additional effects on mobs, which also can occur in random combinations.

To be honest, I had a lot of fun with this expansion. Sure, there are some things that bother me, but every expansion has those. I don't like the Heart of Azeroth or the Azerite Armor system, island expeditions are kinda fun but could have cooler rewards and Warzones are only interesting from a lore standpoint. Having to unlock Allied races with a long rep grind is dumb and takes the fun out of it. I even still begrudge the fact we can not fly.

But in spite of all of this, Battle For Azeroth is a decent expansion. It has 6 zones, where Legion only had 5 and one of those was heavily gated for max level. Zandalar especially looks awesome, and characters like Bwonsamdi are really cool. I even love Nathanos in this expansion, and I usually hate the Forsaken. Visually, this expansion looks just gorgeous. I can't remember the last time when an expansion actually had leveling and dungeon gear sets that I liked. The zones look beautiful.

All in all, I would say that this expansion had to offer pretty much all the things every other expansion offered. New content in the form of quests, dungeons and a raid. And certainly not lacking in quality either. So why all this doom and gloom?
    The expansion is like a month or so old? It is not weird that you like it still. For me the most important thing would be: How long does an expansion remains fun? With WoD for me it remained fun for 3 months. I kept playing on due to raids/guild. But I think I quit within 6 months total. That never happened before. With Legion it was over a year before I could not continue on. Obviously I liked Legion way better then WoD.

Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK I all played 100% of their run time. Cata I quit when LFR came. And I did not really play MoP apart from on and off when I was bored.
    But it is good that you are still enjoying yourself. But there have always been people who dislike the game from the first week. But it does seem that there are more people disliking it currently vs how these boards were when Legion was new. Loads more complaining when WoD was current though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veloziraptor View Post
    Stop the QQ. Youre just a vocal minority! Silent majority is having fun!!!
    http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...-1&factionid=2

Maybe people go Alliance - check that in the graph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It's not exactly content for me because I hate timed runs (though I don't want to slack either, but I want to go strategically and not rush things), but it's definitively a different type of content than usual dungeons. You have additional layers of difficulty by the timer, by additional effects on mobs, which also can occur in random combinations.
    I know it caters to different people, but I can't sit and disagree that new raids isn't content just because I personally don't like raiding anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The problem, at least for me, is that WoW is WoW... we know we're getting raids, 5 mans, quests... that's all pretty much the same from expansion to expansion and it's not exciting really. The thing expansions need to bring is some feeling of new and interesting over and above that. In Legion it was working on the artifact. in BfA it's... gaining levels on a neck?
    If you've gotten to the point where the core game (quests, dungeons, raids/pvp) is bland then you might as well quit. What you're expecting from each expansion is essentially just a new mini game that you can enjoy while trudging through the repetitiveness that is 14 years of core WoW gameplay. That's just not a sustainable mentality to have, especially since I think they're really running out of space for innovation with the engine. Mission tables, scenarios, and items that improve through a resource grind are the gimmicks that they're currently rehashing from expansion to expansion. If those don't appeal to you then there's the "faction war" (an empty conflict that neither side can really win). If that's not your cup of tea then it's unlikely you're going to enjoy future expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaki View Post
    This is the same circular discussion since WotLK. Players who actually play the game a lot expressing their frustrations with it and casuals saying they can:

a) stop playing if they don't like it
    b) why are you still here if you hate it
    c) some other stupid bullshit that is irrelevant to anyone who actually invests their time in the game
    What do you call "casuals" ? I play everyday, I was in hardcore raiding until cata but I just raid 2 days a week with a casual guild now... So cant I voice my opinion when people say that previous expansions (I've played all of them) were better when it's not the case ?

Deleted
    Jesus, people are not complaining about the dung and raids, ( if you don't find that enough after 14-16 years then quit the game, rhetoric is becoming stupid), new people in the comunety who didnt complain before are now complaing about the blatant disregard of the beta, alpha, testing and reporting. The lackluster engagement with the community, with the blatant walking around problems and shifting questions in a way to answer them to not give any real solutions wat so ever, and the feeling that in truth this expansion might not go so well as it should aka Wod style. That so hard to grasp? Or are we all just stupid + nearly all streamers, YouTubers, who feel lackluster but still have fun? Having fun now with a half polished product, that has bugs and problems with everything the implement is not a good thing.

Ya I have fun right now because I am in a guild with friends, but we all in a way feel dissatisfied, that's good? Just because right now we are having fun, mostly because of our community?

Looking at the expansion, and the game right now in a whole, I don't think I would touch it if I would not engage in it so much for years, and looking at a product that way, problems become to be obvious.

Need to understand that the players / I would say / from what I gather are mostly old players and returning ones, new fresh blood are few in between.
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2018-09-17 at 11:48 AM.

Im enjoying bfa, the loudest people are always the angry one

It has 6 zones, where Legion only had 5 and one of those was heavily gated for max level.
    Well three per side. It's really boring leveling alts, in prior expansion you could do alternate leveling paths or ignore a zone you dislike. In BfA i have to do the same three zones every time and i really dislike Vuldun, it's mind-numbing boring. That you don't get anything for leveling doesn't make it much better.