Poll: Who do you like more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Jaina has been gone for almost all of Legion, and she is in the top of most poweful magic users.
    Also it says literally nowhere that she got a ship all by herself. She still has people from Theramore and the Dalaran people who followed her when she left.

Oh yeah, that ship was simply crawling with crew. Also look at all those people with her in warbringer video.

Just because Jaina does a thing doesn't mean all mages can. You're just being pruposely stupid now to make it seem like Jaina (or whoever made up her lore) is an idiot.
    Nothing we've seen in game tells us she shouldn't be able to do what she has done so far.
    And thats basically what makes is deus ex machina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Levitate and operate entire ship. Oh well, guess jaina can do anything. She is such awesome character after all.
    Well, she would know how to operate a ship. She hasn't been Daelin's daughter with nothing to show for it

Jaina. She's been a good character with developments that make sense all along. Talanji isn't bad, just, unproven.

- - - Updated - - -

Levitate and operate entire ship. Oh well, guess jaina can do anything. She is such awesome character after all.
    Dalaran mages got a city floating. One of the most powerful mages alive lifting a single ship and amplifying Arcane Barrage spells through on-board cannons (NOT magically summoned cannons like people assume) is no stretch at all.

Jaina, though Talanji is a character I like a lot too. It's kinda unfair to compare the two considering Jaina's been part of the Warcraft universe for what, a decade and a half now? She's had so much more screentime. Talanji is fresh off the boat(no pun intended) and I think her character is great so far.

What tips things in Jaina's favour for me is the fact that they've finally brought her story to a full circle and addressed things(ie her father's death) which have been, as it seems purposely, put aside for years and years, with no explanation or logical consequences. I see great stories coming up for Talanji though.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-09-17 at 10:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    As a Alliance player I say "sorry, Talwho now?".
    We have LITERALLY zero contact with her, and the only moment you can just see her is if you choose to watch the optional video that served as the horde intro to Zandalar (where she talks with her loa and get away from the Alliance pursuit).
    You must not be far into the War Campaign then. But, overall your point stands ... you don't see her much. And keep in mind that Horde players never seen Jaina in Battle for Azeroth so new players may not know who she is.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

And thats basically what makes is deus ex machina.
    That's not what Deus ex Machina means.
    You can say what she did was a deus ex machina, but what you quoted from my comment 100% isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Jaina manages to raise and operate one alone because its totally a mage thing right ?
    "No mage in Warcraft has ever used telekinesis!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Jaina's used telekinetic spells to make a ship levitate. I don't consider that to be some amazing superpower. The thing I've had an issue with are those arcane cannons, but using telekinesis to make a ship levitate is hardly spectacular. On the other hand you also have Sylvanas who gets to keep her armor on despite turning into a banshee, implying her armor is incorporeal too, which it clearly isn't. There's a few things here and there which don't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You must not be far into the War Campaign then. But, overall your point stands ... you don't see her much. And keep in mind that Horde players never seen Jaina in Battle for Azeroth so new players may not know who she is.
    I've finished the Campaign in the first tow weeks and yeah, alliance players never see her outside of that optional (and pretty out of place, since it's clearly from the horde perspective) cinematic.

Jaina indeed also absent, she got jailed as soon as we arrives tp never be seen until we liberate her at the very, VERY end of the campaign, and her only moment is just before that when we got a pretty cliché (yet touching) part where we save her from doubt, shame and all other bad stuff who took physical form (serriously blizz, ca we stop with that kind of stuff? It's more than overused by now).

The worst part is that freeing Jaina as litterally no effect on the outside word. She's nowhere to be find (like her ghost ship who disapear as soon as she got jailed) she don't even pop up as "quest giver" of some WQ... nothing.

Pretty sad.
    Last edited by Hell-Nicø; 2018-09-17 at 10:54 AM.

Meh Talanji is one of These major characters that get introduced in an Expansion and are never seen again after.

So I'd say Jaina, simply because history.

Different writers have worked on Jaina over time but I find her to be one of the more realistic characters at least 70% of the time. She's basically become what everyone wanted Genn to be. Aggressive but not stupid. Contrast her to Sylvanas who is aggressive but makes pretty silly mistakes just to justify the Faction War back and forth.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to like Jaina a lot, but not anymore since she became so much into going to war. Not saying she isn't justified, I just personally don't like it.

So, for me it's Talanji.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What are you talking about? All the Alliance heroes of Warcraft 2 are still alive and almost all of Warcraft 1 as well.

Meanwhile almost all Horde heroes prior to Cataclysm are dead or missing. We only have Sylvanas that has been around for a longer period, but she's not really a hero if you ask me.
    I should probably have specified that as Warcraft 3 heroes. Having the Sons of Lothar back is pretty nice, but Kurdran and Danath might as well be dead, and I'd bet my britches Danath will be after his cameo in the Arathi warfront is over post-BFA. This leaves us with Khadgar and Turalyon who are both awol, plus Alleria and Muradin.

Not a terribly long list, but arguably bigger than the Horde's.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    I've finished the Campaign in the first tow weeks and yeah, alliance players never see her outside of that optional (and pretty out of place, since it's clearly from the horde perspective) cinematic.

Jaina indeed also absent, she got jailed as soon as we arrives tp never be seen until we liberate her at the very, VERY end of the campaign, and her only moment is just before that when we got a pretty cliché (yet touching) part where we save her from doubt, shame and all other bad stuff who took physical form (serriously blizz, ca we stop with that kind of stuff? It's more than overused by now).
    Did you finish the campaign because if you did you couldn't say that you never saw her out of the cinematic.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=52208/...g-of-the-minds

This quest you literally can stand two feet away from Talanji.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Ho yeah, sorry, I totally forgot that totally pointless quest where you are asked to spy on total strangers.
    I guess THAT quest totally nullify my point and mean the Alliance as good knowledge of the character now.
    Because we spied on a camp where she was talking with other people.

Once.

Good job mate!
    Last edited by Hell-Nicø; 2018-09-17 at 11:01 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a long time I really Jaina's character. Sadly after Theramore she broke. Don't get me wrong, she is still a very cool character, but post-Theramore Jaina just isn't very likeable.

Talanji, while we haven't had a long time to get to know her, is immensely likeable.

Talanji.
    She is a leader the Horde is starving for, because she is actually devoted to her people and care about their well being deeply. She risks her life many times over to help Zandalari, not because she is a part of them, but because she has a responsibility to do so and the moral need to help.
    Powerwise she might not be a competition to Jaina, but there was no hope that any of the Zandalari would be, because they aren’t humans.

While Talanji brings to the Horde something new and desperately needed, Jaina is... Varian. Another bullshit human who’s over the top powerful, favored by everybody and has a grudge agains the Horde. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Did you finish the campaign because if you did you couldn't say that you never saw her out of the cinematic.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=52208/...g-of-the-minds

This quest you literally can stand two feet away from Talanji.
    I mean, that's not exactly a good example. I wouldn't count physically seeing her in the world once as much interaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

You dont need to operate a ship if it move magicaly.

I dislike Jaina since Theramore. Talanji is great and not OP.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.