Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    They should sell game based tickets, as in virtual tickets just for WoW or Diablo fans and etc..

50$ is a lot to ask for a bloody Virtual Ticket in which the content I can watch a few days after or u know in some..places..for..free..
    I mean yeah of course I mean no one would buy the ticket to watch blizzcon lol ... if you only care about the ceremony there’s plenty other opportunities out there that are free ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I mean yeah of course I mean no one would buy the ticket to watch blizzcon lol ... if you only care about the ceremony there’s plenty other opportunities out there that are free ...
    I wanna watch WoW Panels only, I should be given a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    210k a year isn't a lot? it's 3.5 times the median average for the USA.
    Maybe they live in New York or San Fran, where 210K will feel like minimum wage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Um no I see precisely the opposite, most people are saying it's not worth it.

Also I know quite a few people on six figure incomes and none of them spend any time telling people to stop being poor on gaming forums. Most of them are too busy and also too gracious for that shit. I'm casting serious doubt on your little life story you've got going there.
    It’s a kid in mom’s cellar type of troll. Taking bets on it.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As if you even need to pay money to see a Blizzcon stream...
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    50 bucks is like what? 500k gold on US? 800k on EU atm. Not a big deal. Whining for the sake of whining.

/sigh
    US$50 = $ 2000 ARS ( argentinian pesos)

1 token = $170 ARS of battle.net balance

US$50 = 12 tokens

12 tokens changed to battle.net balance on my Argentinian account to watch blizzcon. #sad

Lots of really jaded people in this thread.

OT: Personally I think they should make the virtual items part of the swag bag and live stream the event for free. I could see this being an issue if the event didn't sell out, but tickets for blizzcon sell out rather quickly, they will still sell out even if more people are watching from home. Then again I see the business side too. If people are willing to pay for it them so be it sell the virtual ticket. I bought one but then again I have some disposable income lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    What is the value of a concert? You can hear the songs for free on the radio. I, personally, hate the idea of being in a concert with all those other people, hearing a substandard rendition of a song (Yes, I hate live versions of songs unless they are exactly like the studio version). The thing is, I'm intelligent enough to step outside myself and realize that there are people who live for that.

If you're afraid of heights, are you able to comprehend that rock climbing gear is actually a good value for people who aren't?

You are absolutely correct that the VT is not worth $50 for you. It's worth so much more than $50 to the rest of us.

I own every single boxed CE released for WoW. Feel free to laugh quietly to yourself about all the "wasted" money.

- - - Updated - - -

You are. Watch them later on YouTube.
    You're free to spend your money how you want. To me, it is usually wasted money, but I always check out the goodies with Blizzcon and the virtual ticket to see if it's worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    So you think I joined MMO-C when I was 11? Maybe stop projecting your own feelings of inadequacy onto others.

- - - Updated - - -

I started playing WoW in original alpha. Unless I was a 7-year old MMO prodigy, I would be at least 21 by now. I'll give you a hint: I'm twice that.

I'm also not belittling people for making less than I do. I'm belittling them for whining about the price of something they don't want.
    They do want it. They are just trying to justify to themselves why they don't want it since they can't really afford it. If they didn't want it they wouldn't be here whining about it. Surely they have something better to do. Of course if they don't, that's probably why they can't afford it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordif View Post
    Nobody is acting like it's the end of the world. People are annoyed (and reasonably so) that Blizzard have increased the price for no other reason than greed. I bet you $100 that Mike Morhaime will be up on stage at the opening ceremony and talk about how it's all about community. Clearly someone at Blizzard doesn't care to make it slightly easier for the community to be watching him speak.

Also you can hardly say it's two mounts when talking about the cost. At best it's two halfs of a mount. I cannot use one of the mounts on the faction I play. If I buy a store mount I can use it on either faction. It is nit picking, but when you're using it to try and justify costs compared to other store mounts it matters.
    Finally the goodybag discount is only useful to Americans. I bought the 2015 + 16 goody bag, and the cost of shipping (to the UK) was almost the cost of the bag itself.
    People are acting like its the end of the world. Everytime blizzard does something its 101 post about hating stuff just to hate.
    And who says again that its greed? Do you know everything that will come with it? do you know the cost?
    And if you read my other post...its not greed...2 mounts + skin alone is worth more then 50 bucks. And you still get some extra stuff + blizzcon for it.
    2 mounts, 1 for wow and 1 for hots ??? otherwise ( like i said) it would be 3 mounts ...or 2,5 in your case.
    And i am not trying to. I am justifying the cost. mounts cost 25 when they are new. lets take the 1,5 mount you want. then its 37,5 dollars. A skin legendary skin for OW to drop with 100% takes 12 boxxes ( drop rate 7,4%) cheapest way then is bying 12 boxxes at 12 dollars. SO that is 49,5...for 1,5 mount and a skin. Not counting Hots mount or any of the other stuff or the show etc etc.
    And shipping cost that expensive...think it has to do with where you are shipping to. Because i am from the netherlands only paid 7,5 shipping cost.

While yes it is subjective, the goody bag has been getting objectively worse. 2016 had a great bag. but since then it's been horrible. I've purchased either from ebay or direct from Blizzard the bag for years, but last year was awful, and this year looks just as bad. I'm kind of happy they've started to become so awful, because it's helped break my need to own them. Seriously other than the artbook, which I guess i'd pay $10-$20 for, everything else in the bag this year is just cheap tat. I wouldn't be surprised it if costs less then $10 to make.
    I was talking about the virtual goody bag.
    Yes this year the physical one is worse.

When Overwatch was added to Blizzcon they didn't increase add new content. They took away content from other areas and gave it to Overwatch. Not sure how long you've followed Blizzcon, but world of Warcraft used to have half a dozen panels devoted to the game. They used to even have a two hour panel dedicated to lore questions. We haven't seen that panel in years. Now we get one Q&A panel that lasts only an hour and has to handle the whole game. Considering half the questions are about something explained in detail three hours earlier, then a quarter of done through a cringe nerve wracked host, it's very disappointing.
    ....bought every virtual ticket there has been. And yes the amount of pannels has dropped. If they do the same amount of pannels for each game the con would last 10 days...and the cost to go to it or watch it goes out of hand.
    And yes the questions are sometimes horrible....but the questions are asked by our fellow players.

No he shouldn't. I've never watched a Blizzcon with the virtual ticket, nor have i personally met anyone who watched it, and it not be a a horrible experience. A great example, me and my girlfriend last year had to each buy the virtual ticket as we weren't living in the same city at the time. Both of us had high speed broadband capable of streaming 4k videos and movies, but we couldn't watch together as we would both get random stops in the steam for 2-5 seconds a time, and if we paused the steam it made it very difficult to go back to the point we were on.
    The Blizzcon steam quality is always very poor for everyone I've ever met.
    Now you have met someone who has watch it.
    Again that is YOUR internet. I am from the netherlands i and watch it just fine!! have watched it fine for all the years it has been on.

I have no understanding of your second comment. I'll try and understand, so before Overwatch it was expensive. Overwatch came out, and then it was the "correct value", but we had no Diablo content last year, so was it cheap last year? If we have Diablo this year is it the "correct" price or at a cheaper price? Also are all games priced the same? Is Hearthstone worth as much as World of Warcraft? Do esports count towards the cost even though every other gaming convention streams them for free? The cost of esports is important, because the convention took over a new wing last year which was absorbed by esports content. Also allowed them to sell more tickets, but ignore that. I mean Blizzard haven't increased Blizzcon to three days, so i'm confused at what wholly new content has been added within those two days that wasn't taken from other content that was there.
    Let me explain before OW you paid 40 bucks for x amount.
    After OW you paid 40 bucks for x amount + OW skin ( so it was cheaper)
    Now you pay 50 bucks for x amount + OW skin ( so now its on pre OW levels content wise).
    In short they did not raise the price when they added stuff. So you got more for less money. Now they have raised the price to normal level again.

And not i do no use the correct value. You are mixxing up what you can watch with what you get ingame. This discussion is about the virtual ticket goody's.
    And it was better priced because what i said before.
    2,5 mounts is 62,5
    1 OW skin is 12,0
    Loose stuff is 5,0?
    diablo pet is 5,0?
    So ingame stuff is worth ( if you buy it from the bilzz store) 84,5...or if you take 1 less mount=59,5 so you get more stuff then you would get if you do not pay for it.

Also if there is a lot more content at Blizzcon now then last year or even the year before, why hasn't the "physical" ticket price increased since 2014?
    Hell should i know...are we talking about that? nope.
    But ill humor you. Compared to VT a real life ticket is very expensive. And already hard to get. While a VT is cheaper?
    They needed more money for the show, so they needed to raise the price. And raising 10 bucks on 40 is better then raising 10 bucks on 199.0

Nobody is crying, but people are upset. Blizzard talks a lot community especially at Blizzcon, but this move only makes it harder for people to feel apart of the "Blizzard community" It flies in the face of the BS they'll try and shovel at the convention. People are upset, because it's a very obvious greed driven move by Blizzard.

Blizzard have said Blizzcon doesn't make any money in the past, but in 2017+2018 those numbers just don't add up anymore. I'll be very generous and say the convention centre doesn't cost more than $200k to rent for the weekend. I've no doubt Blizzard will get a discount based on their loyalty to the convention centre.

Physical ticket sales alone raise almost $7 Million. Being conservative of say 3 quarters of a million virtual ticket purchases is another potential 18-19 Million. Do Blizzard really need the extra 5-7 million to run Blizzcon before sponsorships?
    They are crying, because post like these arise by the dozen. If blizzard will give less people will cry, if the RL tickets go up in price they will cry, if they sold stuff lose but did not raise the price they will cry.
    Again proof that it is greed....its not i have done the math several times....they are giving you more for still cheaper. Yes it is 20% less cheaper as last time...but it is still cheaper!!!!! If they sold the stuff seperate they would make more money. So how is it greed?

200k............hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhaha Anaheim...one of the biggest convention centers used for stuff like this..
    The airco alone cost 1050 per hour x ( lets say 20 hours) is 20.000 for airco alone.

or https://www.nme.com/photos/the-cost-...vealed-1415154
    Foo fighters....they alone cost your...just "only" 175k to rent...so yeah...they have money over after paying the airco and 1 band...about 5k to pay for the halls, all the staff, electric stuff etc etc etc...

https://www.anaheim.net/DocumentCent...ipment-revised

They will have free channel(s) available, this is for full access to all broadcasting floors I think and you can watch everything on YouTube next day for free too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally WATCHING the panels as they happen is very enjoyable to me, akin to a good movie. This is why it's worth it to me- it has nothing to do with the goodie bag or the pets.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I stopped paying for the virtual ticket a couple years back when there was nearly no WoW content. Found they had several WoW Tech panels that weren't included in the Virtual ticket (watched via cell phone upload), which would have made it worth it for me. Now with the ticket up at $50, that just makes it all that much easier to skip the Virtual Ticket.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

50 bucks is pretty pricey, especially given the Sombra skin and the Starcraft goodies are not exclusive. If they do not give us mounts in WoW, I will probably skip it.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

top is 2018 bottom is 2010 just look how many panels wow had back in cata time compared to now

- - - Updated - - -

best thing if u just like wow is to buy expansion announcement blizzcons ie 2019

Quote Originally Posted by mewcat1983 View Post

top is 2018 bottom is 2010 just look how many panels wow had back in cata time compared to now

best thing if u just like wow is to buy expansion announcement blizzcons ie 2019
    On the 2010 image, I counted 7 events about wow. On the 2018 website (since you image show 4hours of show, not 2 days...) I have counted 7. So what your point???
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Deleted
    yeah and in 2010 they had more Q+A stuff, and panels to do with the actual game the other wow shit in 2018 is like behind the scenes crap not even relating to in game stuff, i wanna know wat is coming in the game not a fucking backstage tour of the HQ or some shit

yeah and in 2010 they had more Q+A stuff, and panels to do with the actual game the other wow shit in 2018 is like behind the scenes crap not even relating to in game stuff, i wanna know wat is coming in the game not a fucking backstage tour of the HQ or some shit
    Agreed, I'm quite peeved they announced a Blizzcon dungeon race on the last MDI, made big deal who qualifies etc., and now it's not even there on the timetable, while there's some crap like "how it is to be a Blizzard employee?" or "how is stuff made for Blizzard gear store?"

Ok, stuff like cosplay and ending concert were always there, but there was usually more panels about gameplay, game design etc. and not just about voice acting or famous streamers / community figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Agreed, I'm quite peeved they announced a Blizzcon dungeon race on the last MDI, made big deal who qualifies etc., and now it's not even there on the timetable, while there's some crap like "how it is to be a Blizzard employee?" or "how is stuff made for Blizzard gear store?"

Ok, stuff like cosplay and ending concert were always there, but there was usually more panels about gameplay, game design etc. and not just about voice acting or famous streamers / community figures.
    Mostly because nothing interesting is happening this year. Starcraft and Diablo are old news, Overwatch is steady, and WoW just had an xpack.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I wanna this I wanna that I wanna more I wanna I wannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. 2010 was an expansion year, 2018 is not. 2017 had a ton of WoW content revealed including Q&As (which by the way happens this year too), and so will probably 2019. Don't pay for the ticket if it doesn't suit you.