Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Alliance players are more casual based on raid progress statistics, so maybe it's simply more natural for them to farm resources and spend them on those turn-ins than Horde?

But yes, I do believe that it's being artificially boosted and the turn ins don't matter that much

Since those quests give a nice amount of azerite, I expect a huge increase after weekly reset, I'm waiting with the contribution on a few characters after the next "artifact knowledge" hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Alliance players are more casual based on raid progress statistics, so maybe it's simply more natural for them to farm resources and spend them on those turn-ins than Horde?

But yes, I do believe that it's being artificially boosted and the turn ins don't matter that much
    Turn is mattered enough to make EU open it first despite starting 16h later.

But yes, the % will go up without player interaction. Turn ins just speed it up.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Players do seem to have an impact. The question is just if the system is more or less fixed and will regulate progress to account for player contribution so that it appears we matter but under the hood we just have minor influences and in reality it will just finish after x +/- y % time - or the system has a base progress build in and player contribution will just flat out boost that prgress. Seeing how the overwhelming majority seems to have dumped their resources now, I guess we can extrapolate the base progress rate from the increases we see over the next 2 to 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Maybe it works like the buildings in Broken Shore at the end of Legion? The buildings built itself eventually automatically but the process could be made faster by the player's contributions.
    Yeah. That's what I'm thinking. They wouldn't want us completing it on day one, right? But if it was in our hands, we might. So they made it where all we do is modify the pacing a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I'm donating regardless for the easy AP.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Since those quests give a nice amount of azerite, I expect a huge increase after weekly reset, I'm waiting with the contribution on a few characters after the next "artifact knowledge" hits.
    Oh that is a good point actually. We might have not seen the full dump yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Rares reset for you when YOUR faction controls the warfront..
    But alliance had rare up last week. So, what are the rules for races when you don't control Stromgarde? Are they then a once time only thing and don't reset? Should they have reset but didn't due to a bug?

MOre to the point, why the fuck isn't this all officially set out so we know what should be happening from a blue source vs figuring it out?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But alliance had rare up last week. So, what are the rules for races when you don't control Stromgarde? Are they then a once time only thing and don't reset? Should they have reset but didn't due to a bug?

MOre to the point, why the fuck isn't this all officially set out so we know what should be happening from a blue source vs figuring it out?
    Most likely they are once per cycle and reset when you gain control. So they reset for Horde when they gained control and reset for Alliance when they gain control. When Horde loses Arathi basis in ~1,5 weeks their rares will not reset.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Or you know...
    the alliance is handing in more..?
    do you have any evidance to point to it being automated..?
    That's even more outlandish than what I said lmao

It makes more sense to you that twice as many Alliance players are handing them in than Horde ones? Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or Alliance is simply contributing more than Horde.
    Please explain how that makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    That's even more outlandish than what I said lmao

It makes more sense to you that twice as many Alliance players are handing them in than Horde ones? Seriously?
    no it makes sense to me that twice as many people/twice as much are handing in then horde characters were.
    the horde had no time to prepare, so much of the community did not kno what the fuck to do, and many were still leveling.
    now as the alliance all the guides are coming out, all the community is ready, and most, unlike you, know how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

Alliance and horde had it up last week.
    horde took stromgarde so they now have the rares reset
    in a week and a few days when alliance takes it, they will have rares recet.

because not everything needs to be officially said, does blizz need to state exactly that every rare can only be done once, except the big rares, and that this and that and this and that.
    no, no game every has literally made a catalogue of how EVERY SINGLE MECHANIC works, because they know al- most of their community is smart enough to go "oh hey, horde reset when they got stormgarde, maybe when alliance does, they will reset!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Oh that is a good point actually. We might have not seen the full dump yet.
    Yep, alot did it right away, while alot will wait

no it makes sense to me that twice as many people/twice as much are handing in then horde characters were.
    the horde had no time to prepare, so much of the community did not kno what the fuck to do, and many were still leveling.
    now as the alliance all the guides are coming out, all the community is ready, and most, unlike you, know how it works.
    You don't know what you're talking about. The most people didn't know about warfronts was how the cycle fucked over Ally players, not that Horde players didn't know what they were doing.

And before you go "where's your proof?????" your claim didn't have any either, so miss me with that bullshit.

I think blizzard nerfed how much you need to turn in or there are simply a lot more 120s by this point than there were 2 weeks-ish ago
    or both

Contribute more => Get more %. Don't see what's so hard about that.

There'll always be the baseline automatic growth. Contributions simply speed it up. Same way Broken Shore buildings work, to make sure it always switches eventually.
    IIRC, Blizzard actually outright said it works the same way.

You don't know what you're talking about. The most people didn't know about warfronts was how the cycle fucked over Ally players, not that Horde players didn't know what they were doing.

And before you go "where's your proof?????" your claim didn't have any either, so miss me with that bullshit.
    So your logic is the hordeo ne happened first so everyone knew what they were doing
    while the alliance one is happening second so no one is knowing how it works?

what the fuck is your logic?

7+ Year Old Account
    The quests were not repeatable on beta either.
    I should have been clearer: the speculation, such as in the wowhead articles regarding the Warfronts beta, was that they were to be once per day, per character.

However, again, Blizzard's own article does not allude to them being non-repeatable (especially given that they're noted as being daily quests). As well, implementation on beta doesn't mean much (i.e.: Mythic+ caches, Island Expedition variations) as changes are made to systems without warning.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yeast View Post
    It'd be nice to get some communication about it. We're two weeks into warfronts and still don't really know how they work.
    There's literally a warfronts explanation video on the launcher.

I know they probably didn't but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard just made it take less for Alliance to fill the bar, but underestimated how much Alliance would do so it's moving faster than expected. There are less Alliance players and they generally seem to be more casual and less enthusiastic as a whole, so it would make sense. I was dreading it being Alliance's turn because I figured it'd take forever based on how long it took the Horde, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

I wonder if there will be another burst of progress once the weekly reset happens and the next level of Artifact Knowledge ticks over. I know that I've personally been holding off on handing anything in until the next AK level.

I think it's as simple as many Alliance players feeling screwed over by the entire Warfront system and the problems that allowed Horde players to gear up alts easily while Alliance will never get that opportunity, and Horde got a second go at rares sooner, so Alliance players are therefore much more highly motivated to push for a reset as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post

I dunno about the rest of you, but I - and most in my guild for that matter - were waiting until after the reset to contribute, for that sweet 30% increase to the Artifact Power, but now it looks like we won't get to.
    Bro, turn in the AP. That 30% doesn't hurt you at all.