Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They might not actually be boring if there's a strategy to actually up your chances at drops, but unfortunately:

1) We don't actually know if there is so,
    2) It'll be impossible to actually run the content that way in most groups

Is this for real? Can anyone confirm that it matters what you do on the isle while the expedition is going on as to what treasure you might get afterwards? That's a new one.

Also - what are people's thoughts on just sending one person to control the opposite faction npcs. I know they barely hurt on Heroic (maybe not possible on mythic) and this will give time to farm all the mobs and chests you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by weaselb View Post
    Did an expedition with a guildie yesterday and they got the hound. Had already seen a warrior on Frostmourne with it.

/en-us/character/frostmourne/kielthas/collections/mounts (can't post links, sorry)

Mount not even listed on simple armory.

For the record we did kill a tormented spirit or something and a bunch of quillen in order to loot a mogu chest? (I can't remember if that was its exact name). I had a hunch there might have been a connection between what you kill/loot and what items are added to the loot table so was actively looking for mount related mobs.

All anecdotal for the time being!
    Can you please remember what was the difficulty? (normal, heroic, mythic or PVP)

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Is this for real? Can anyone confirm that it matters what you do on the isle while the expedition is going on as to what treasure you might get afterwards? That's a new one.

Also - what are people's thoughts on just sending one person to control the opposite faction npcs. I know they barely hurt on Heroic (maybe not possible on mythic) and this will give time to farm all the mobs and chests you can get.
    as i said on the previous page i killed vrykul rares i got a bloodwake drinking horn, which i hand in, in stormheim HUGE VRYKUL THEME HERE.

now 2 hours ago i killed a mogu rare inside a portal that can spawn, i got a mogu item to turn in at lorewalker cho vale of eternal blossoms.

im 100% sure this is no coinsidence everytime i get an item i've killed that type of rare.

when i lure half the island and atomik the place with a ton of crocodiles i get nothing at all.

oh also we killed some hozen my friend got the magic monkey banana toy which i already have from killing hozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    went to test peoples theories.

first island killed like 3 rares hardly any there got nothing.

second island killed 2 packs of vrykul rares that came about 4500/6k azerite in looted the chests ended up with bloodwake drinking horn a vrykul item.
    I feel like you are probably right. I got the [Razorfin Hunting Spear] last night after completing the Rotting Mire and killing several Jinyu rares

15+ Year Old Account
    On mythic I get a special reward every 1-3 runs. Did about 10 runs, so small sample size. Even using 2-3 nukes every island I was still gaining doubloons on top of that.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Hi guys.

I am wondering if any of you guys have obtained some of the vanity items from the expeditions. A few guildies of mine have done a ton (50+ mythic) and only recieved a few pets and such. Is the drop rates just really low?

Have you guys obtained any of the mounts?
    I've done sooo many expeditions on mythic across 2 different characters (one horde, one alliance) and gotten 3 total pets - Poro (twice), Capt. Nibs, and the crab (twice). I've also gotten 1 toy (3 times, once on horde and twice on alliance) and the same turn in quest twice.

No mounts.
    Last edited by Demona3; 2018-09-17 at 09:01 PM.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Got fawn pet after killing lots of deer. Got hozen toy from same IE after killing rare hozen.

Something definately is going on. It does seem that the best thing to do it to ignore crocs/generic elementals and target specific types of mobs.

Deleted
    Anyone seen this lol? Happend to me and a buddy today

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Anyone seen this lol? Happend to me and a buddy today
    I've seen the Nespirah-like creature with the bugged clipping sea witch (you get there through a naga invasion portal). There's also a pirate ship you get to by firing yourself out of a canon. It's funny that people are doing these events so rarely nobody even reported the bug.... And all of them look more interesting than the big azerite mob.

If what's being said is true, can the only way to get the Razorfin armor set (the blue-recolor Tier 12 Firelands set for pallies) is if you run for jinyu IE over and over?

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    If what's being said is true, can the only way to get the Razorfin armor set (the blue-recolor Tier 12 Firelands set for pallies) is if you run for jinyu IE over and over?
    Yep, I only saw pieces of that set drop in Rotting Mire (same with the jinyu spear). Not sure if the Jinyu appear anywhere else. If you are patient, prices might drop on the AH as more and more people farm expeditions, though. Currently I expect the sets to be rather pricy, even with the boosted drop rates.

just killed mantid rares, got sonic stone (sonic sound like mantid) also says its a mantid item.

also got kunchong pet, i killed zara'thik kunchongs and rares.

more proof if we needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    just killed mantid rares, got sonic stone (sonic sound like mantid) also says its a mantid item.

also got kunchong pet, i killed zara'thik kunchongs and rares.

more proof if we needed it.
    What difficulty were you on that time? Normal? Heroic? Mythic? PVP?

Personally, if I can help it, I'd rather stick to Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    What difficulty were you on that time? Normal? Heroic? Mythic? PVP?

Personally, if I can help it, I'd rather stick to Heroic.
    normal, fastest way to see new islands, new rares.

although heroic needs 9k and mythic needs 12k. each mob gives the same % of completition.

like a big elite crocodile (non rare) is:

150 azerite on normal 150/6000
    225 azerite on heroic 225/9000
    300 azerite on mythic 300/12000

same %, so not seeing much point to harder difficulties.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2018-09-17 at 11:02 PM.

I killed rare mantids and loot they nectar chest and got the "Kunchong Hatchling" pet.

I killed a rare Lobster and got the "Juvenile Brineshell" pet (exact same model as the rare).

I got Deathsting Scorpid pet in the magma island, killing all scorpions.

And so on with all 9 pets that i dropped so far. I'm not saying kill this rare/elite and u guaranted a lot, but the drops definitively are related to what you kill in the island. My recomendation: don't collect nodes and don't kill the big elementals in event. Kill all the rares, lots of mobs, wait for the last event pop in the last points and kill the most you can.

If u think that way, there are mogus for the quilen mount; there are pirates for the parrot mount; there are nagas for the jelly mount. About the yeti and the crepuscular dragon i have no idea what could be.

And that's may be why people don't get loot in islands as expected, they just collect nodes and zerg the fast as they can.
    Last edited by Nathure; 2018-09-17 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    That's interesting. That would suggest that if you want specific mounts/pets you're better off actually scouting the island out fully and trying to prevent the other team from sniping the drop sources. At this point I would almost suggest a Discord or at least a dedicated group to queue up together to try to research thing. Specifically, I'm starting to think that the blue azerite "orbs" dropped by mobs are flagging groups for drops depending on the specific creature that drops them.

If anyone NA Alliance wants to tool around on some different islands and try to kill the late-arriving invader mobs and do some general trial and error here let me know via PM.
    I'm interested too. My tag is Steven#1220. Just let me know. Too lost post count to PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathure View Post

If u think that way, there are mogus for the quilen mount; there are pirates for the parrot mount; there are nagas for the jelly mount. About the yeti and the crepuscular dragon i have no idea what could be.
    There are black dragon mobs that can spawn, it's just they haven't been selected yet so we haven't even seen them. :/

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Island_expedition

Can see all the mob types there. Yeti is probably from yetis or ice trolls.. we had yetis last week but it was before the buff sooo..

Quote Originally Posted by Lupen202 View Post
    There are black dragon mobs that can spawn, it's just they haven't been selected yet so we haven't even seen them. :/

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Island_expedition

Can see all the mob types there. Yeti is probably from yetis or ice trolls.. we had yetis last week but it was before the buff sooo..
    Hmm, one of those maps shows a mogu drawing, so perhaps there is an iteration where mogu are baseline? That means maybe we shouldn't struggle so hard to trigger them when they're not (although I stand by saying that the big invasions look more fun than azerite dude and they are wasted at the butt end of the scenario).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Hmm, one of those maps shows a mogu drawing, so perhaps there is an iteration where mogu are baseline? That means maybe we shouldn't struggle so hard to trigger them when they're not (although I stand by saying that the big invasions look more fun than azerite dude and they are wasted at the butt end of the scenario).
    Verdant Wilds - A forested island with mogu ruins.

Maybe verdant wilds can be default mogu, like jinyu is mire this week yeah. Would be nice.. then maybe mount will be more common like that damned banana toy this week with the hozen.

Issue is.. theres mogu, and theres stonebound mogu. Stonebound mogu = Dread Chain, Rotting Mire, Skittering Hollow, and includes the rare Qinsho. I HOPE mount is from all mogu but knowing blizz ...