Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The sad part is that it takes insane outrage and shitting on the game for it to happen.

I'll eat my hat if they actually increase communication at a regular pace after once again claiming they want to. I mean, they've only been making that claim for 5+ years.
    Typically, when they make themselves available, they get cursed at, called names, and generally abused. I wouldn't volunteer for that either. I'm sure most of the obstacles in making more appearances like that happen are finding ways to minimize the jackasses that have nothing constructive to say and just want to yell and derail. It's not like you can just hold an open forum. We've all seen what happens when you give people on the internet an open mic.

I'm genuinely interested in what you expected him to say. Is he just going to come right out and say he thinks it's a steaming pile of garbage? No. They released the thing. It's not like Blizzard has timelines they terribly need to stick to. They were happy with what they released. Maybe the numbers here and there aren't playing out like they wanted. They certainly didn't intend to screw shaman. But the bigger picture? The main features? This is the game they wanted to make. They are never, ever, I mean ever, going to tell you that they agree that the game isn't any good. They'll express concern that it isn't the experience you wanted. They may ask what you would like to see in the future. But they made the game they wanted to make. This is what it is and what it's going to be until the next expansion. If you are that bummed out by it, it sounds like you need another game. I'm sorry that you find that to be a cop out of an answer, but it's the only one here.
    Last edited by buck008; 2018-09-18 at 03:57 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sounds like someone can't handle people still enjoying the game despite it's flaws.
    Pretty much, I like the game and yes it has its flaws but despite that it is one great way to spend a couple hours not having to worry about what is going on in the real world..

I just find it interesting how the OP thinks that those people that show even the slightest positivity towards the game are being paid by Blizzard, makes me wonder what the OP is smoking or snorting..

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    All the real people I talk to in real life or youtubers/streamers think the game is pretty mediocore or crap. It's just anonymous posters with 2018 join dates defending Blizzard.
    I'm not paid by Blizzard and I'm having a lot of fun. You can see my join date. You can also see that your argument is completely invalid.

Read the responses.

Go on. Go and read them.

They are 90% non-answers.

This is not communication. This is attempted damage control. Failed damage control.
    I amended my post to sort of address this. Not sure what you wanted them to say, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the responses.

Go on. Go and read them.

This is not communication. This is attempted damage control. Failed damage control.
    I think you're over-dramatizing it a tad

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    You'll always find an exception to any given argument. I designate the overwhelming majority of WOW YTubers and Streamers as Blizz Bots, the 2 you mention are most definitely not slap happy about everything WOW. I respect both Asmongold and Preacher, they're honest, passionate, insightful and humorous. And no, that particular video was not disliked for any reason other than players who wanted to love Warmode and couldn't handle the truth. Preacher consistently and relentlessly criticized quite a few things in the BFA beta and players lashed out at him something ruthless. The difference is a guy like Preacher often preaches to the choir, his loyal fans love and defend him even when they disagree and his sub base is significantly greater than mine, there are a lot more loyal subs, like 350K more.
    But they're not the exception. They're the norm. Even people like Towelliee who are more positive are still harshly critical for views. I don't know what your channel is but I would hazard a guess that you did a sudden jump from casual content or lighthearted fun into a scathing breakdown of why you feel this game is a dumpster fire. Yeah that's going to get people to downvote you, versus being critical nonstop.

Also don't give Preach too much credit, most of his content can be boiled down to "This is the new content, I hate it, lets scream about it. Here have some charts."

Read the responses.

Go on. Go and read them.

Answers you don't like are still answers. Azerite is going to get the same treatment that Artifacts did in Legion, warfront building will feel less shitty when there is more than one warfront. It's not instant gratification, but it's an answer, and it's an acceptable one.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2018-09-18 at 04:19 AM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yeah, just like a cop has to tell you he's a cop when you ask:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...erts-asa-rules

Actually yes learn the FTC and ASA

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...le-are-asking\

"Suppose you meet someone who tells you about a great new product. She tells you it performs wonderfully and offers fantastic new features that nobody else has. Would that recommendation factor into your decision to buy the product? Probably.

Now suppose the person works for the company that sells the product – or has been paid by the company to tout the product. Would you want to know that when you’re evaluating the endorser’s glowing recommendation? You bet. That common-sense premise is at the heart of the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Endorsement Guides.

The Guides, at their core, reflect the basic truth-in-advertising principle that endorsements must be honest and not misleading. An endorsement must reflect the honest opinion of the endorser and can’t be used to make a claim that the product’s marketer couldn’t legally make.

In addition, the Guides say, if there’s a connection between an endorser and the marketer that consumers would not expect and it would affect how consumers evaluate the endorsement, that connection should be disclosed. For example, if an ad features an endorser who’s a relative or employee of the marketer, the ad is misleading unless the connection is made clear. The same is usually true if the endorser has been paid or given something of value to tout the product. The reason is obvious: Knowing about the connection is important information for anyone evaluating the endorsement.

Say you’re planning a vacation. You do some research and find a glowing review on someone’s blog that a particular resort is the most luxurious place he has ever stayed. If you knew the hotel had paid the blogger hundreds of dollars to say great things about it or that the blogger had stayed there for several days for free, it could affect how much weight you’d give the blogger’s endorsement. The blogger should, therefore, let his readers know about that relationship.

Another principle in the Guides applies to ads that feature endorsements from people who achieved exceptional, or even above average, results. An example is an endorser who says she lost 20 pounds in two months using the advertised product. If the advertiser doesn’t have proof that the endorser’s experience represents what people will generally achieve using the product as described in the ad (for example, by just taking a pill daily for two months), then an ad featuring that endorser must make clear to the audience what the generally expected results are.

Here are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions from advertisers, ad agencies, bloggers, and others."
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-09-18 at 04:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    All the real people I talk to in real life or youtubers/streamers think the game is pretty mediocore or crap. It's just anonymous posters with 2018 join dates defending Blizzard.
    Then those people are fucking stupid. Please show me another MMO that has achieved what WoW has.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the only counter to what I said that you have? A throwaway question about mounts because someone likes horde mounts more? You got answers to questions about things that actually need fixing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Please show me another MMO that has achieved what WoW has.
    How the fuck is what WoW previously achieved related to the current expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I'm not paid by Blizzard and I'm having a lot of fun. You can see my join date. You can also see that your argument is completely invalid.
    I'm having fun too, but it's still a lazy effort and mediocre product compared to what they are capable off.

I actually have loved BfA, whether I am in the minority or majority is irrelevant to me. I am not a hardcore raider or PvPer. For me, fun is leveling, world quests, finding troll transmog and lore, and getting mounts. I think if I only did one thing like raiding or PvP the game would get boring, but I run a dungeon now and then and I ran the Warfront once or twice, just to do something different. Same with the Island Expeditions, they would get boring if I ran them often but I run one every week or so. Just something to do for fun, really. And I love leveling, and I think Allied Races will end up giving me a lot of that to do, so I am 100% enjoying myself so far. Also, I am not paid (payed as you said) to say that, I just think that people have different play styles, and it works very well for mine is all.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    If this was about busing illegal immigrants, career activists, and antifa around to cities and voting blocs, you'd be spot on.
    Yes yes, and jet fuel can't melt flat earth

Nah, blizzard fans are just that way. The sad reality of today is that people actually are dumb and will defend everything even if it is against their interest. Fans in general are degenerate idiots, sports have proven that for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    I dislike the majority of BfA but if you think people are paid by blizzard to give positive feedback you are idiotic.

People like battling pokemon and collecting 400 mounts and use 3 of them so why wouldn't there be people who actually like the boring ass islands/warfronts, ignore that azerite has massive issues while rocking 11 in their necklace, doing WQ's and wanting paragon ( LIKE REALLY ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS I HAVE 10k WQ ACHIEVEMENT ITS NOT ACTUALLY FUN ) so yeah, people will defend blizzard even if they served them a shit sandwich they would complement the corn in it.
    Well, sometimes you have to accept shit sandwich or get the douche...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like the one above it about time-gating that you conveniently chose to ignore?

Or how just because you don't think the whole mount debacle matters to YOU then it isn't a problem? Horde player too.
    Sorry didn't realize I needed to do bullet-points. The best you can do is a throwaway question about mounts? And a throwaway question about timegating which has been in the game since forever because people have no self control? I mean what did you want him to say on that question? "Oh shit you're right, lets go back to Wrath of the Lich King with no manner of time gating at all so that people can clear all the content in the first reset of the expansion being live LOL?" And for the mount question what did you want him to say exactly? "Oh you're right, let me go design some mounts you might like right now in my spare time." ???

For IMPORTANT THINGS that actually need tweaks and changes you got fantastic answers. For subjective questions like who has cooler mounts, what do you expect? And for things like timegating which we all know exists because people don't have form of self control, what do you want them to say? Look at the front page, look at what John Staats had to say: "Creating content as fast as players consume it isn't a realistic goal. " - This is one of the heroes of the players with an amazing sense of nostalgia about Vanilla WoW. This is why time gating exists. Content has to last longer.

The game in my opinion seems to have regressed since Legion in terms of design philosophy, and the classes that I play all seem to have been neutered in terms of what I find fun, but plenty of people seem to love the slow regard of pointless things, so, to each their own I guess. I doubt blizzard need to pay shills to defend their design choices, just look at some of the cell phone games that have found buyers, different people like all kinds of different crap.

Deleted
    I love every aspect of the Expansion and will gladly tell everyone About the blast i am having.

Also I'm happy About the Blizzard payckecks i recieve for the positivity I'm spreading

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Play Dragon Quest 11 bro.

I would reccomend to get fresh air, but i am a nerd myself so i know thats not an option.

So just play Dragon Quest 11
    I concur, really enjoying the game. Bought the overpriced CE just for the sake of it.

Also recommend Ni No Kuni 2. Actually liked that moreso than DQ11, despite some iffy parts in it.

Can I please be payed for my positivity then, would be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Theres been massive feedback since alpha, since beta s, since release. Theres been such a public uproar bigger than Wod ever got.
    Theres massive waves of unsubbs. AND Still today 18.09 . When game is in a far worse state than it ever was in Wod.
    We have a spam of "I liked teh zones and the muziqs!" Whats will all the negativity!????"

At what point do people understand that blizzard is actively paying shills ( out of your sub money OMEGALUL) to still try and campaign for them when its so obvious they mega fucked up?
    Where can I sign up, because I've been liking this game and posting positive stuff for free all this time and apparently that is not how this works at all!