Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    why would there be a community if there's no incentive to build any? if people could solo m+ and raids and get the same rewards i bet you there would be a lot that would do it and ignore all the community part.
    problem is blizzard is giving into the community perception

Gear swapping in high m+ makes it a requirement for little Tommy in +4..well no but remove it because why not
    Guilds need a guild group to master loot and new members feel cheated because they don't get gear from every boss and they see split runs as required despite their guild being a heroic only guild...remove master loiter

Ilvl is king because the community
    I got berated in legion for not wearing a haste vets neck from heroic xavius simply because a dungeon neck had better stats
    I had an ilvl set in legion to help with getting into groups

- - - Updated - - -

this summerized my feelings about bfa so well that i am going to bookmark this and quote it every time someone asks why i dislike/unsubbed in bfa.
    Only part i disagree with is island expeditions, in my opinion they took the worst part about dungeons and raids, put it on a circular shaped map with no real context/meaning and called it new content. Maybe the pvp version is better, i haven't played that though and it honestly seems like 3v3 with trash thrown in.
    PvP version is better however its important to note it seems a lot of features in the islands were scrapped
    Used to have infinite dragon flight
    Had strange bosses
    Random teleport
    It sucks but I think 8.1 may bring more

Also I'm glad you found my post helpful
    I love wow and play it every day but the flaws are obvious and can't be looked over

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    BfA does not have less solo Content than any previous Expansions
    With the obvious exception of every expansion prior to WoD, and Vanilla :P

I agree, BFA so far is alt friendly and good content with less grind on Azerite item.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    With the obvious exception of every expansion prior to WoD, and Vanilla :P
    In vanilla you had farming...same here
    Previous expansions had some quests plus reps which was mostly done via dailies and later tabards
    Bfa
    World quests
    War campaign
    Farming
    A few questlines like the flightless pterrodax and the bee pet

Honestly I'm content with the pure solo content because even since vanilla a vast majority of content required groups

Deleted
    BFA isn't fine for anyone with good standards. I know the gaming community has been used to lower their standards for MMOs because of how dead the genre is but this is Blizzard, not some unexperienced company. Since WoD they've always been fishing for excuses for their mediocrity and never improve upon them, at this point its intentional and WoW is just on maintenance mode for profit, not for quality. To feed the shareholders, nothing more.

Its a damn shame that these developers cannot come with better ideas than babysitting warfronts, lame expeditions with no sense of adventure (just like MoP scenarios), and terrible class design and azerite borefests.

Class design, tuning, balance is so broken I've never seen this this badly even in previous expansions. Maybe its because of stat squish but some classes have it way harder to make actual damage on the go compared to others. Its not a matter of ramping up, its that most dps have a builder/spender design of spamming useless spells that deal virtually no damage just to use ONE bigger spell with this underwhelming damage. Where is the gameplay where each ability dealt respectable damage, where nothing felt useless? Why is elemental, shadow, destro warlock, fire mage, frost mage, moonkin, ...most casters spamming super weak "filler" abilities to then do "real abilities"? Whats that for a design? Why is DH so boring? Why is every class so one dimensional? If your plan is to copy mobas, well the hard truth is that even mobas have more depth than this "MMORPG"

I wished Blizzard stopped copy pasting what they see with other video games and actually use their own talent, if they still have any of it. You can't copy paste mechanics from mobas or dungeon slasher (:cough: diablo 3 :cough: ) or battle royales into MMOs and expect it to work fine! Don't they have any creativity, isn't that their freaking job as developers?!

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    I agree, BFA so far is alt friendly and good content with less grind on Azerite item.
    Cap azerite trait unlock at 25 and make rest just an ilvl increase for the gear

Ta da best alt friendly expansion
    Heck I have 3 alts not capped but are able to craft the 300 gear

The rep grind isn't necessary for alts with obvious exceptions

I don't mind BfA but I have a strong negative reaction to Azerite gear and feel like most of the class changes were weak.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    problem is blizzard is giving into the community perception

Gear swapping in high m+ makes it a requirement for little Tommy in +4..well no but remove it because why not
    Guilds need a guild group to master loot and new members feel cheated because they don't get gear from every boss and they see split runs as required despite their guild being a heroic only guild...remove master loiter

Ilvl is king because the community
    I got berated in legion for not wearing a haste vets neck from heroic xavius simply because a dungeon neck had better stats
    I had an ilvl set in legion to help with getting into groups
    when i said "incentive to build any" i didn't mean blizzard giving in to community demands. I think those are 2 different things.
    What i meant was, giving the playerbase a reason to interact with other people and giving them a reason to form "communities", as in the new chat-group feature introduced in bfa, or join guilds or make friends. a good example of where there is none would be RDF and lfr, that's basically single player content as the 4/39 other people, especially once m+ and raids come out, might aswell be bots.
    Not gonna go into the ml/personal loot thing as that's an entirely different can of worms.
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

PvP version is better however its important to note it seems a lot of features in the islands were scrapped
    Used to have infinite dragon flight
    Had strange bosses
    Random teleport
    It sucks but I think 8.1 may bring more
    At this point I'm just tired of this BS "oh well, it sucks now but the next major patch may bring more" mentality we have going on for everything that is broken every expansion cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Just like there is no factual evidence of the opposite either. But that doesn't stop the people stating so here.

I don't really give a rats ass about any other servers than the one I play on, either. Why would I?
    I just presented you the factual evidence....
    if you dont want to call it evidence, then maybe signs, indication? Just put them together and youll see it. But as I said it doesnt mean that YOU cant have fun.
    And if you dont "give a rats ass" why do you come here and defend the game that much? Wouldnt matter to you if poeple quit left and right if you can still play wouldnt it?

when i said "incentive to build any" i didn't mean blizzard giving in to community demands. I think those are 2 different things.
    What i meant was, giving the playerbase a reason to interact with other people and giving them a reason to form "communities", as in the new chat-group feature introduced in bfa, or join guilds or make friends. a good example of where there is none would be RDF and lfr, that's basically single player content as the 4/39 other people, especially once m+ and raids come out, might aswell be bots.
    Not gonna go into the ml/personal loot thing as that's an entirely different can of worms.

At this point I'm just tired of this BS "oh well, it sucks now but the next major patch may bring more" mentality we have going on for everything that is broken every expansion cycle.
    I mean I'm now part of a leather only community thanks to the loot system
    Blizz slowly destroyed any reasons for communities to exist and tried bringing it back with WoD but failed because for the most part the community hated it.

I base my hope for 8.1 off of legions cycle
    New dungeon
    New zone
    System fixes that were obvious from beta testing

Bag systems are awful but as long as we get good content I'm going to play and keep submitting feedback

Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    To be honest, I had a lot of fun with this expansion. Sure, there are some things that bother me, but every expansion has those. I don't like the Heart of Azeroth or the Azerite Armor system, island expeditions are kinda fun but could have cooler rewards and Warzones are only interesting from a lore standpoint. Having to unlock Allied races with a long rep grind is dumb and takes the fun out of it. I even still begrudge the fact we can not fly.
    So why all this doom and gloom?
    You criticized every new system or major selling point of the expansion in the first paragraph...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Just like there is no factual evidence of the opposite either. But that doesn't stop the people stating so here.

I don't really give a rats ass about any other servers than the one I play on, either. Why would I?
    Because the people in your dungeons
    In your islands
    In your raids
    Killing the world boss
    In your Warfront

Aren't all from your server

Lets assume they are though
    Are you happy not being able to give Jimmy the sword that dropped because even though you can use a sword you already have say a dagger or axe equipped and thus he can have it...on wait nope because you can only trade weapons if you have the same type
    Its ok you can still trade gear...but wait its a ring with awful stats but its 5ilvl higher so can't trade it...gotta love blizz stopping us from getting pressured out of loot

To think that a problem doesn't matter because you are unaffected is pretty selfish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You criticized every new system or major selling point of the expansion in the first paragraph...
    Read my posts properly. What I list are minor points and I say that they don't spoil the expansion as a whole. Every expansion has negative things.

Legion had a terrible AP grind. That didn't make the artifact weapons and the class quests less enjoyable.

People often trashtalk WoD and Cataclysm, but in spite of a lack of raid content in WoD and no real dailies, WoD still had tons of great content, and even though Dragonsoul and Firelands were really boring, lazy raid tiers, there was still a ton of great content in Cataclysm. That didn't make those expansions bad. People just exaggerate the smallest things.

Say whatever you want, Blizzard has never put out an expansion for WoW that wasn't worth its money.

World quests only become available at max level and I did it without warmode.
    No there are worldquests while leveling, everytime you see a bar in a zone that you fill up with killing mobs, thats a worldquest.

The OP mentions all the reasons why BFA is problematic. The dungeons will get old, the raids will get old. What else is there for people to do? Where's the new content for this expansion? It's seriously lacking in many ways.

Deleted
    Say whatever you want, Blizzard has never put out an expansion for WoW that wasn't worth its money.
    I want to agree! Anyone with numbers of how many subs and xpacks were bought with in game gold? Blizzard’s current communication philosophy is worth no money. So I will gladly spend the sideproduct if my Legion fun (gold) on looking for fun in BfA. No RL $ though - they would need to respect customers again for that and they just don’t. Sad story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    No there are worldquests while leveling, everytime you see a bar in a zone that you fill up with killing mobs, thats a worldquest.
    What are you talking about?

Deleted
    What are you talking about?
    Think he means all the local challenges / bonus objectives that pop up during open world questing that give exp and gold. Some of them then turn out to be WQs but that’s the same with regular quests too. I was bored of BfA WQs already during levelling as it was painfully obvious which quests I did at 110-119 I will see again as WQs. Boring af

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Think he means all the local challenges / bonus objectives that pop up during open world questing that give exp and gold. Some of them then turn out to be WQs but that’s the same with regular quests too. I was bored of BfA WQs already during levelling as it was painfully obvious which quests I did at 110-119 I will see again as WQs. Boring af
    Bonus quests aren't world quests.

Don't worry it's just paid beta phase