Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderken3 View Post
    For now i went for the 2Hander staff option because i found a 340 seabreeze.
    just wondering & maybe on the completly wrong track here..

if its about optimizing for dps as a fistweaver and not so much about healing. wouldn't a brewmasters staff be the better pick? (2h agi weapon)
    oh and by the way dont mind the naysayers to much. Some people are so locked in a "this is how you should do it" mindset that they miss interesting sideways and new perspectives on things. I for one really enjoyed your post. It's certainly not what i will go for when facing high mythic+ keys.. but to make a new dps alt of a friend cry when i carry him through mythic0? hell the fuck yes

Quote Originally Posted by Katamere View Post
    just wondering & maybe on the completly wrong track here..

if its about optimizing for dps as a fistweaver and not so much about healing. wouldn't a brewmasters staff be the better pick? (2h agi weapon)
    oh and by the way dont mind the naysayers to much. Some people are so locked in a "this is how you should do it" mindset that they miss interesting sideways and new perspectives on things. I for one really enjoyed your post. It's certainly not what i will go for when facing high mythic+ keys.. but to make a new dps alt of a friend cry when i carry him through mythic0? hell the fuck yes
    Very fine comments here, i will break them into sections and answer all of them, im at work so later on i'll have some screenshots for you as well

1)would a brewmaster agi weapon be a better pic?
    answer- no because the agi stat is greyed out for mistweavermonks, and secondly intellect gives you attack power

2)even in high mythic plus there will be easy pulls where you can always sneak a punch or kick in... or aoe stun initial pulls and then spnning crane kick for damage and physical debuffs

3) as for the "naysayers"... momma said... haters gonna hate... so its your job to give em somethin to hate about.

~Ty Katamere marvelous post

just for you i made the comparison of a 340 int vs 340 agi 2hander.. notice the massive drop in attack power

- - - Updated - - -

updated with screenshots of 340 weapons
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2018-09-15 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axigar View Post
    Get yourself a full set of Swift Roundhouse traits for MW. Select the trait in WW spec and then use it in MW. Your damage should be insane provided you fit two BK in before pressing RSK again. Get yourself a WeakAura to track the Swift Roundhouse buff.

I wouldn't recommend it in a raid or m+, use actual healing traits then, but for pvp, wpvp and WQs, it's amazing.
    i just found azerite gear with one of these traits and it seems crazy good, and whats even better is that its usuable by WWs so i dont have to reforge, thanks for the tip, what ive noticed from testing is that it does not however gain 2 stacks if you...
    Tigerpalm
    tiger pam
    then x1 blackout kick.

... so maybe wondering if tpalm >> blackout kick x1 >> RSK is worthy of a new fistweave rotation?

15+ Year Old Account
    i just found azerite gear with one of these traits and it seems crazy good, and whats even better is that its usuable by WWs so i dont have to reforge, thanks for the tip, what ive noticed from testing is that it does not however gain 2 stacks if you...
    Tigerpalm
    tiger pam
    then x1 blackout kick.

... so maybe wondering if tpalm >> blackout kick x1 >> RSK is worthy of a new fistweave rotation?
    I mean RIP the dream since today's nerf to the trait...

Prior to that, the trait only counts up for each unique GCD / button press of BoK. Casting two of them after a TP in MW spec didn't count. You could have gone TP > BOK > TP > BOK > Way of the Crane > TFT > RSK > Repeat cos RSK has a 9cd CD reduction.

For the record prior to the nerf I crit someone in a BG for 41k as a Fistweaver.... I am sad about this nerf. No fun allowed.

editing as-we-speak on the rotation section of the thread, i got those shiny pictures in there for better visuals and icons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axigar View Post
    I mean RIP the dream since today's nerf to the trait...

Prior to that, the trait only counts up for each unique GCD / button press of BoK. Casting two of them after a TP in MW spec didn't count. You could have gone TP > BOK > TP > BOK > Way of the Crane > TFT > RSK > Repeat cos RSK has a 9cd CD reduction.

For the record prior to the nerf I crit someone in a BG for 41k as a Fistweaver.... I am sad about this nerf. No fun allowed.
    yeah i saw that too, im, im fixing up the whole thing with some updates, and in regards to that azerite trait i may remove that section, but lets see how bad it will become compared to other traits....

..... 41k damage? .... did you call their family afterwards to tell them the bad news about what you did to that player?

15+ Year Old Account
    editing as-we-speak on the rotation section of the thread, i got those shiny pictures in there for better visuals and icons

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i saw that too, im, im fixing up the whole thing with some updates, and in regards to that azerite trait i may remove that section, but lets see how bad it will become compared to other traits....

..... 41k damage? .... did you call their family afterwards to tell them the bad news about what you did to that player?
    I should have called, it was pretty filthy...

I can understand why they nerfed the trait. As an outlier it was too strong, but there was nothing to compensate it, at least not this week.

WW went from mid-pack to the bottom on DPS rankings and we might have to wait another week to see any change. Generally I do all PVE as Brew however my WW burst was my favourite thing in PVP. Guess I'm not PVPing on my monk outside of being an unkillable objective carrier in RBGs as Brew.

If you're going to do this raiding take rising mist then you can full combo after essence fonting most of raid.

For pvp save way of the crane(comments earlier in thread) for when get full length school locked(or intentionally bait their dps into it), it's not a school spell.

Even normal healing it's a good habbit to get in an early partial channel spinning crane every big pull in m+, 5% physical mounts up in a lot of group comps.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    If you're going to do this raiding take rising mist then you can full combo after essence fonting most of raid.

For pvp save way of the crane(comments earlier in thread) for when get full length school locked(or intentionally bait their dps into it), it's not a school spell.

Even normal healing it's a good habbit to get in an early partial channel spinning crane every big pull in m+, 5% physical mounts up in a lot of group comps.
    Hey axxey, its funny that you mention this about Rising mist for raids, I will actually be trying out and showcasing The rising mist build on this week's fistweave twitch stream... probably like on sunday where i'll examine the rotation and how it interacts with boss mechanics

Also, I'm happy to see yet another Fistweaver whos aware of how big that 5% damage bonus is in mythic plus and how easily it can be applied via Spinning crane kick

Nice Work Good Sir , ~SmrJake

Does anyone know if the rising kick azerite trait stacks? Right now I have the two thunderous blast traits and the rising sun kick trait. I tried switching out a TB for a second rising kick trait but I didn't see much of a difference.

Also I feel swift roundhouse wouldn't be that great for fistweaving since we generally want to save roundhouse for the burst and spam rising sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    Does anyone know if the rising kick azerite trait stacks? Right now I have the two thunderous blast traits and the rising sun kick trait. I tried switching out a TB for a second rising kick trait but I didn't see much of a difference.

Also I feel swift roundhouse wouldn't be that great for fistweaving since we generally want to save roundhouse for the burst and spam rising sun.
    Unless something has changed it's super terrible trait, better off taking any of the generic damage proc traits.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Unless something has changed it's super terrible trait, better off taking any of the generic damage proc traits.
    so far ive noticed that the tidal surge trait does quite a bit of damage but i need to test and sim them myself...btw you can now simm your MW fist damage on raidbots if you havent already

You talking about damage as a mistweaver, not healing; I hope this is pvp only, because pve, it doesnt work on the healing part.... PVP viable; PVE no way in hell is it viable unless you are the 5th healer or outgear the dungeon/raid.

how many targets do you need for channeling spinkick to be more dps than palm/blackout/rsk?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    how many targets do you need for channeling spinkick to be more dps than palm/blackout/rsk?
    hey cheze the question is actually more "complexier" than you think... but! to answer it briefly

4+ targets for sure is more dps than palm/bloackout/rks

for 3 targets you can cut it down to this >>>RSK on CD then spinning crane kick until rsk comes off cd.

^thats the short easy answer

It's also not definitive because of RSK reset procs.

You will always RSK > crane kick damage priority other than crane to aoe debuff mobs. There's few places that dont have a priority target, even on bolstering week(which may be priority kill or may be chipping higher health mob down to match others).

im going out of town to blizzcon, when i get back i'll begin the work for Fistweave fight club version v2.0

i bet i do more hps than u
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

i feel like Fistweaving/healing will never be a real thing unless we get a complete spec set around it like a fourth spec

Quote Originally Posted by OGhawaiian View Post
    i feel like Fistweaving/healing will never be a real thing unless we get a complete spec set around it like a fourth spec
    If they ever made changes to a MoP version as well...those were the days for sure.

Is this guide viable for 8.3 patch?