Poll: To the ones who played the original vanilla: How high rank did you get?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Rank 10 and never joined a premade. Actualy I was so noob that most of the time I dont even knew what the hell I was doing.
    I dont remember much what I done. Almost all the momories I Had were overlaped with the private servers experience. I do remember the names of 2 or 3 people that played with me in that time. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    On top of that, those who obtained the highest ranks are more likely to want to tell people about it, further skewing results to be top heavy.
    Naturally you'd say that, you probably put it on your résumé
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Knight-Captain. Unguilded, random BGs because my previous guild exploded spectacularly and I was hesitant to rejoin a new one.

Achievements didn't come until Wrath. So it shows me as having maybe 20-30 AV, AB, and WSG matches to date.

The hundreds I did never counted...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Naturally you'd say that, you probably put it on your résumé
    It's listed under "leadership" and "drive to succeed".
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Knight, I simply wanted to be able to enter that damn instanced house and find out what was inside

Quote Originally Posted by Nheme View Post
    How far did you vanilla-players get with the old PvP system?
    Oh great. Another poll where MMO-C users lie about their accomplishments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Rank 15. I was so amazing I got my own rank. Very casual solo play of course.

Edit:I started in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Oh great. Another poll where MMO-C users lie about their accomplishments.
    You don't believe there are AT LEAST 28 rank 14 players who hang around MMO-C?

High Warlord
    Would never do it again

7+ Year Old Account
    I made it to rank 11 around the time battlegrounds opened in patch 1.5. I think I was tied for the highest honor rank on the server with a couple other people at that point.

After grinding WSG for 2 weeks and seeing just how massive of a time sink it was taking to make any progress I decided to give it up and take a break from PvP. Afterall, the item rewards you could only use if you MAINTAINED YOUR RANK at that time. I realized how insane of a grind I would have to continue non-stop if I even wanted to use the rank 12-14 rewards and it wasn't sustainable.

Later on Blizzard changed things so that all you had to do was touch the rank once and then you could buy all that gear and use it forever. I was pretty upset with myself (and a bit uspet with Blizzard for changing the rules on me) for not sticking the grind out and going for that rank 14 right at the very beginning when I was in the best position to do it. Ah well.