Poll: Should you be expected to learn English if you live and work in the US?

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    The language statute in Florida means state's government has to in English. That is all.

An state's rights being trumped by federal law is far more complex than can be typed into a post like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Google can tell you things about stuff.

Give it a try.
    what? they live and work in a state, they still have to do business with that state, WTF does google have to do with anything, you expect them to google the police officer commands when they ask them to do something (is that what you're suggesting????)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    what? they live and work in a state, they still have to do business with that state, WTF does google have to do with anything, you expect them to google the police officer commands when they ask them to do something (is that what you're suggesting????)
    Because by googling you can become less ignorant on topics you're ranting about.

The statute says local government must use English. It says nothing about what citizens must do.

Because by googling you can become less ignorant on topics you're ranting about.

The statute says local government must use English. It says nothing about what citizens must do.
    So you're saying the citizen's don't need to interact with the government at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    We have the same disgusting situation in Sweden. Where you have to know arabic to get by in some areas.

This is what happens when you let anyone inside.
    Erhhh Not to sure there in Sweden you live to have that problem.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Deleted
    So you're saying the citizen's don't need to interact with the government at all....
    Google it you fucking moron and find out, rather than ask me to explain it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post
    Erhhh Not to sure there in Sweden you live to have that problem.
    He'll be another racist dickhead who thinks sharia law is about to be implemented.

Google it you fucking moron and find out, rather than ask me to explain it.

- - - Updated - - -

He'll be another racist dickhead who thinks sharia law is about to be implemented.
    not googling shit you want to change my mine show it, not doing your work for you, if the city wants to offer a translation service that's fine but they need to be required to speak English but NOT required to speak others, so the people living under that city should be required to speak the "official" gov't language to make sure you follow the laws.
    *hell in my googling for stuff on it all I found is they want to force all school tests to be in English only too and not even offer a Spanish version.

Deleted
    not googling shit you want to change my mine show it, not doing your work for you, if the city wants to offer a translation service that's fine but they need to be required to speak English but NOT required to speak others, so the people living under that city should be required to speak the "official" gov't language to make sure you follow the laws.
    *hell in my googling for stuff on it all I found is they want to force all school tests to be in English only too and not even offer a Spanish version.
    State government business needs to be in English.

That is all.

I said it above, quite clearly and you didn't comprehend that.

Maybe you will this time.

And I'd suggest you get some lessons in googling.

Perhaps Google them.

That is all.

Perhaps Google them.
    what the fuck needs to be googled, all you're saying is a citizen has no business in government affairs, seems stupid as fuck saying that in the US.

Deleted
    what the fuck needs to be googled, all you're saying is a citizen has no business in government affairs, seems stupid as fuck saying that in the US.
    Switch faux news off

Take the crack pipe out of your mouth.

Read my last couple of replies. I really cant explain it any more straightforwardly than I already have.

Switch faux news off

Take the crack pipe out of your mouth.

Read my last couple of replies. I really cant explain it any more straightforwardly than I already have.
    your only last few replies is google it, so guessing you just don't know or have no real answer.

(seems the person was fired too, seems a US based Food chain is not happy about turning away paying customers)

Guessing by your own statements they could never run for office either, since gov't required to have it business done in English.

*and yes despite what the guy that needs his blood pressure meds thinks, I grasp it's Gov't internal business but what kinda person would want to get all that info 2nd hand and not even be able to take a active part in it or not be able to follow it first hand, and seeing how you can go anywhere (states) in the US freely what's the odds of every police or fireman knowing a 2nd language.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2018-09-18 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No thanks, you can keep your authoritarian beliefs.

Pretty much most modern countries have this requirement. If you are going to be a citizen that can vote and participate -- then you have to be a part of that country, not the other way around (the country being a part of you). Your job is to learn the language and be a functioning citizen at that point. Speaking the main language, in our case English, is crucial.

You aren't require to be a citizen to step foot here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Yes, lets burn the Constitution of the US, it's outdated piece of garbage anyways, right?
    Are you referring to the 14'th amendment? Or is elaborating your point too much to ask for?

Let's get real here - chances are spanish is going away. In a few hundred years we'll all be speaking english or mandarin.

Caen3 flicks his rod and casts shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Pretty much most modern countries have this requirement. If you are going to be a citizen that can vote and participate -- then you have to be a part of that country, not the other way around (the country being a part of you). Your job is to learn the language and be a functioning citizen at that point. Speaking the main language, in our case English, is crucial.

You aren't require to be a citizen to step foot here.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you referring to the 14'th amendment? Or is elaborating your point too much to ask for?
    No thanks, I'm going to go ahead and stick with freedom on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who speak Spanish in America typically know where to get non-shitty Mexican food. I mean unless they really really love diarrhea and the 40 menu items made from the same 8 ingredients put together in a slightly different proportions.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Caen3 View Post
    Let's get real here - chances are spanish is going away. In a few hundred years we'll all be speaking english or mandarin.

Caen3 flicks his rod and casts shallow.
    I'm waiting for 4chan to trick everyone into making Klingon the official world language.

You should be expected to obey the US law if you live in US, nothing more, nothing less.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    You should be expected to obey the US law if you live in US, nothing more, nothing less.
    So fuck social codes?

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    But don't expect everyone to be able to understand you if you don't know the standard language of country, there may be no law to say you have to learn English but there is also no law that says I need to learn Spanish, and when someone comes to be asking directions to the hospital or whatever and I have no clue what they are saying who really loses then.

That is all.

Perhaps Google them.
    You realize all states have all documents available in English and Spanish and then many states have them in english spanish hindi korean chinese russian and so on right?

- - - Updated - - -

But don't expect everyone to be able to understand you if you don't know the standard language of country, there may be no law to say you have to learn English but there is also no law that says I need to learn Spanish, and when someone comes to be asking directions to the hospital or whatever and I have no clue what they are saying who really loses then.
    Good thing this was a woman who speaks Spanish working in a 60% spanish speaking place then right?

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    So fuck social codes?
    What social code?

- - - Updated - - -

The one without Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.