Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why is Glyph of Stars necessary?

Mostly why is the blue astral form necessary?
    I've heard the argument that "Well how can we see if you're a Balance or a Resto?"

Well, how can you see if it's a Elemental or a Resto?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman used to use different shields depending on spec like water or lightning shield so it gave a small visual difference but like many aspects of the games so many things have been removed that the original design intent no longer makes sense across the board anymore. I'd be surprised if they don't change something in balance form eventually, even just the stars effect over the characters head but without the blueness would make most people happy.

Because I don't like my druid to look like an oversized crow.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    Because I don't like my druid to look like an oversized crow.

Not what I meant. You shouldn’t be BLUE or a Moonkin. Why the transparent blue?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how anyone could justly argue that the glyph is 'necessary'. It isn't. It's a preference. Some prefer how it looks, and I would suggest that this is the reason why most druids who use the glyph continue to do so. They don't like the moonkin form.

If they insist that balance requires its own form (as little sense as that makes lorewise), I wish they would at least give us other forms to choose from. There are so many druid-related creatures we could use that make just as much sense as moonkins. Travel form gets a bunch of glyphs, why can't balance form?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Mostly why is the blue astral form necessary?
    I've heard the argument that "Well how can we see if you're a Balance or a Resto?"

Well, how can you see if it's a Elemental or a Resto?
    It isn't. You're free to be a magnificient Moonkin instead of a smurf.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It isn't. You're free to be a magnificient Moonkin instead of a smurf.
    Why not just normal humanoid?

Or.... https://goo.gl/images/KQsfDr

Because you're a druid. Resto not having a permanent form is already an exception.

Besides, that's not what you asked.

10+ Year Old Account

Or.... https://goo.gl/images/KQsfDr
    Blizzard not giving us the option to look humanoid while in Balance specialization is why. We have no control over it other than looking like an owl beast or like the current Astral Form glyph. Nor do we have the option to look like the other form you've linked because Blizzard hasn't put something like that in the game. Not everyone likes the moonkin form.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    If they insist that balance requires its own form (as little sense as that makes lorewise), I wish they would at least give us other forms to choose from. There are so many druid-related creatures we could use that make just as much sense as moonkins. Travel form gets a bunch of glyphs, why can't balance form?
    Exactly this. Even the bear and cat forms have several options from Legion - and the firecat form from the toy/seeds/staff in the Firelands. Not to mention that Zandalari moonkin are unique compared to all the other moonkin forms (and presumably the Kul Tiran moonkin form will be a wicker Drust with a bird skull, like we've seen). I'd love to see a ton more options, as well as a way to see my character more clearly with the Glyph of Stars.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I've been wanting this for so long, a way to stay in our normal humanoid form instead of having to either be starry & blue or a boomkin. All other casters don't have a "form" to shapeshift into, so why must balance druids? I find it very inconvinient. And while the anti hex for pvp is great, the gcd to shapeshift in and out of our form is annoying. Perhaps we can have this baseline, and have boomkin / stars as glyphs.

Holy shit, you people. If you don't like moonkin form or glyph of stars just reroll, but I hope to God they never listen to you. Shapeshifting is what makes druids druids, what makes us different from the other classes, and you wanna get rid of that fundamental piece of class flavor out of personal taste? It's bad enough resto no longer has a functioning shapeshift. If they take it away from Balance we'll just be another flavor of mage.

Because it's to look astral? Balance spec's theme is like being an astromancer but also still nature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grandmaster View Post
    All other casters don't have a "form" to shapeshift into, so why must balance druids?
    That's why. Shapeshifting is Druids shtick.

Yeah but does it have to be BLUE? Can't they just have it a bit more translucent/transparent and have some sparkling stars above it?

My dream would be either this or making each skeleton for each race (outside moonkin form) an astral algalon like form with key points on the skeleton having stars on them. Just like the Mote of Light toy.

Should just have all appearances in the collection manager like everything else now. Cosmetic glyphs are unnecessary

At this point in time I wish he could just have the option to glyph out of Chicken form for good. It seems like for some odd reason I am randomly kicked out of the form anyways for no reason other then to annoy me. Im ready to just use my Night Elf form fr good..

Yes I'd really just prefer if they made it so moonkin/astral form was optional for cosmetic reasons. They clearly don't give a shit about moonkin form anyways since it took them like a decade to update the form. They've given feral and guardian a vast selection of different flavoured forms with legion and the artifacts, meanwhile balance druids are stuck with the choice of big fat bird or transluscent blue starperson. At this point just let us choose to stay unshapeshited if you aren't going to invest any time into actually making nice looking moonkin forms.

I am fine with a bit of blue glow but not with being transparent. Normal humanoid form like resto would be the best. You know like how Malfurion or Fandral does it.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2018-09-24 at 07:18 AM.