Nice, put in a pre-order. Better than the waiting list to put in an order at least.

Patch Notes are up. Two changes I noticed, summon time for Chocobo Companions has increased to 60m from 30m, which is nice, and you can now buy mount speed increases to two stars for the SB areas.

Balmung is being reopened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    We'll see how long that lasts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Man not only is there a 3 digit world que but even getting the 'cannot load character data due to server congestion' message. Been a hot minute since i've seen that one.

Well i got in but holy shit the server side lag is insane and the chats going crazy about it, takes about 90 seconds to get your retainer to appear or summon a mount. Wonder whats pulled people back in to cause the load like this. Beyond anything other than eureka to do of course.

Welp, another derpy dungeon over and done with, now to go back to pretending they don't exist for at least 3 months. :3

On a sidenote, I like how the Doman Enclave is expanding. More content like this, plz.

tfw you mained RDM the entire expansion and now it got buffs every dps is another RDM fotm needing all the caster gear -_-

Its AST all over again!

-and man not kidding its back to the 4.0 "i dont melee im a mage" shit again, yeesh.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-09-18 at 01:16 PM.

Sidenote, I learned to get your GC Rank to Captain you have to complete 5 unique Command Missions first before the rank-up mission becomes available.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    We'll see how long that lasts
    When?! I need to know! I need to make an alt! ;~;

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    When?! I need to know! I need to make an alt! ;~;
    It'll be locked again already knowing Square.

Only thing they can do to remedy this really is Megaserver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It'll be locked again already knowing Square.

Only thing they can do to remedy this really is Megaserver.
    FUCK. If I had known I would've tried it before I left for work... and I don't want to go home for lunch, buy sub time, and try to get an alt in there only to find it locked. Shit.

God damn the burn dungeon is maybe my favourite dungeon this expansion. You go in expecting one thing, the layout teases that one thing, you crest a hill and the whole party just stops and you go "oh, okay i guess that really isnt happening" and then a familiar face shows up instead. Hell of a fun fight as well, basically an improved version of a certain wall back in ARR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Alright, I gave in. I resubscribed... hopefully in a few hours things will still be open so I can finally get an alt (or two) in on Balmung.

I'm feeling the tug again. I think I'll have to sub again and check this out. I'm a sucker for new story content.

Welp usual day 1 crap in trial and raids.

People getting salty because they expect you to know every single mechanic on every boss on the first day......

Although to me they give me a great source of amusement admittedly.

Having some weird issues with game too. Keeps freezing now and then or taking forever to load a menu.

Really need to put some money aside for an SSD in the future just for the sake of read/write times methinks. Even if it's just a piddly 500gb one.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-18 at 03:40 PM.

Alphascape V3.0 is where you see that the average player in this game sucks more balls than a bunch of gold diggers at a billionaires convention.

2 groups so far, many wipes, both disbanded because, and I quote one of the healers in one of the groups, "this fight isn't fair, you have to dodge two things at the same time.

The average player base is becoming more and more obsessed with only glamour, ERP and haircuts, and things are going to shit, fast.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Alphascape V3.0 is where you see that the average player in this game sucks more balls than a bunch of gold diggers at a billionaires convention.

2 groups so far, many wipes, both disbanded because, and I quote one of the healers in one of the groups, "this fight isn't fair, you have to dodge two things at the same time.

The average player base is becoming more and more obsessed with only glamour, ERP and haircuts, and things are going to shit, fast.
    Not even getting to that point i've seen people unable to beat the final boss of The Burn in the MSQ dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post

It's day 1..... expecting people to be 100% perfect is silly. People are going into this blind and learning as they go. We had a wipe on the new Hard Dungeon because we didn't know what to do with the mud glob originally on the final boss.

However someone complaining about having to dodge two things at once at 70 is silly since there is content beforehand that throws multiple mechanics your way.

And 3.0 seems to be the equivalent of A11 which was no pushover at the start.

And glamour has always been a huge factor in this game. It's not changed really.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-18 at 06:57 PM.