Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rsl View Post
    holy fuck.. does it ever come to your Mind that MMO-C is not 100% full of Muricans ??? And its not Racism Dude. Its a simple Fact if you look at the god damn World
    And if you look at the god damn world, it is racism lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    At random. Dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a mad man. And what I predicted came to pass.

The idea of overpopulation on a universal or even galactic scale is quite rediculus. And as for his solution, does he plan on keeping snapping his fingers at even intervals? The earths population of humans trippled in a period of 80 years during the 20th century. And what if diffrent species reproduce at diffrent rates? That racoon guy's species could probobly more than double their population in less than 10 years

Lmao fucking nerds, such losers.

Quote Originally Posted by rsl View Post
    The Problem are Chinese Indian Muslims and Africans

if they would stop breeding like fucking Rabbits...
    Ermahgerd evul eugenics!

Sometimes it isn't a bad thing for selective procreation...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The idea of overpopulation on a universal or even galactic scale is quite rediculus. And as for his solution, does he plan on keeping snapping his fingers at even intervals? The earths population of humans trippled in a period of 80 years during the 20th century. And what if diffrent species reproduce at diffrent rates? That racoon guy's species could probobly more than double their population in less than 10 years
    Yeah, he'll be snapping every year or so. He could have just, oh I don't know, doubled the amount of resources in the universe?

But he wouldn't be a villain if he was doing the nice thing. However, I think he'd be more interesting if they went the comic route and showed him madly in love with Death (as that was the real reason for the Snap in the comics.)
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Next they'll be calling for selectively population culling...
    LOL

And this is why sometimes people have to step back and chill with their eco warrior stances. Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    LOL

And this is why sometimes people have to step back and chill with their eco warrior stances. Good point!
    This seems a little bit like a strawman honestly. None of those scientists nor am I advocating for some mass cull of humans. If we want to protect the remnants of the biosphere we should work towards finding ecological ways to develop nations so that their birth and death rates can stabilize (and subsequently decline) while investing in advancements that we minimize our effects on the ecosystem like cell-cultured meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Yeah. If the glove and all stones gave him ingfinite power, why didn't he simply remove the need for all living beings to eat, and give them the ability to photosynthecize, or digest dirt, or whatever. Or regulate reproduction rates. Or create a trillion inhabitable planets. The list of solutions that don't require genocide is extremly long. Not as entertaining, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    This seems a little bit like a strawman honestly. None of those scientists nor am I advocating for some mass cull of humans. If we want to protect the remnants of the biosphere we should work towards finding ecological ways to develop nations so that their birth and death rates can stabilize (and subsequently decline) while investing in advancements that we minimize our effects on the ecosystem like cell-cultured meat.
    No need to cull them, just highly regulate reproduction. The culling will take place naturally over the next few decades. If you were to sterelize a nominal part of the female population you'd have overpopulation under control in a few decades. It's morally questionable and highly inhuman, of course.

Deleted
    thread post : scientists want to protect biodiversity

mmoc response : we should genocide the blacks, browns and yella's.

mmoc mod :

Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2018-09-18 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    My bet is that civilization will keep expanding into the far future until the natural ecosystem is a quaint idea that people will view through documentaries.

IF they get that far. Im predicting a more dystopian, Mad Max, scorched earth situation instead of Cybertron.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yeah. If the glove and all stones gave him ingfinite power, why didn't he simply remove the need for all living beings to eat, and give them the ability to photosynthecize, or digest dirt, or whatever. Or regulate reproduction rates. Or create a trillion inhabitable planets. The list of solutions that don't require genocide is extremly long. Not as entertaining, of course.
    MCU Thanos wasn't exactly a very good critical thinker (even though I loved the movie). If you kill off 50% of every population, they will eventually rebound, so you're back to the same place you started. That's why human hunting deer for example is a vastly inferior population control method than reintroducing wolves or a native predator, because not only will the population just grow back to its initial state of overpopulation, but when you shoot bucks, you're really just granting other bucks the ability to have a wider reproductive pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Next they'll be calling for selectively population culling...
    *Scientists ask we try harder to protect life.*
    "JEEZE WHAT'S NEXT, ASKING US TO END MORE LIVES?"
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2018-09-18 at 02:42 PM.

MCU Thanos wasn't exactly a very good critical thinker (even though I loved the movie). If you kill off 50% of every population, they will eventually rebound, so you're back to the same place you started. That's why human hunting deer for example is a vastly inferior population control method than reintroducing wolves or a native predator, because not only will the population just grow back to its initial state of overpopulation, but when you shoot bucks, you're really just granting other bucks the ability to have a wider reproductive pool.
    Yeah, got to go for the does.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Someone with CRISPR develop a genophage. Sorted...
    I'd rather develop some sort of super-soldier virus that makes everyone tougher, stronger, faster, smarter, etc.

I think culling is a bit drastic and probably wouldn't result in the desired outcome long term (as you would keep having to initiate it). I think a better alternative is to invest in developing countries through more environmentally friendly means (mortality and natality rates usually stabilize in developing countries and the latter declines like what we see in Japan and Sweden) while simultaneously investing in feasible space colonization.
    Isn't Japan going to have an issue in the future though due to their aging population and low birth rates (not enough young people to replace the retiring population) in the work force? I don't know much about Sweden but I heard that was an issue in Japan they are well aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Isn't Japan going to have an issue in the future though due to their aging population and low birth rates (not enough young people to replace the retiring population) in the work force? I don't know much about Sweden but I heard that was an issue in Japan they are well aware of.
    Yes, although realistically much of that issue will be mitigated through automation.

I dropped off the Malthusian bandwagon long ago. There is no need to cull the human population.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, he'll be snapping every year or so. He could have just, oh I don't know, doubled the amount of resources in the universe?

But he wouldn't be a villain if he was doing the nice thing. However, I think he'd be more interesting if they went the comic route and showed him madly in love with Death (as that was the real reason for the Snap in the comics.)
    MCU's Death isn't the one you should be in love with, it's DCU's Death.

She is literally the 'big tiddy goth gf' meme.

Yes, although realistically much of that issue will be mitigated through automation.
    Fair enough. It's scary and exciting to think how advanced Japan might be in a 100 years. They're already perfecting androids to do house work and other menial tasks. You have to believe artificial intelligence will be heavily relied upon in their larger shift to automation with a shrinking population.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I dropped off the Malthusian bandwagon long ago. There is no need to cull the human population.
    Yeah...that was sort of the point of my response...? Stabilize the global population through long sustaining means...