View Poll Results: Do you feel the love?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

37 40.22%
  • No..

55 59.78%

Thread: BFA love thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I see nothing but charm when I log in. I'm sorry you're having a bad experience because mine has been something out of a fairy tale. I feel like I'm in heaven when I'm playing bfa.
    Do you think BFA is perfect in every way?
    Are there any areas they could improve in?

Or no. There is absolutely no way to improve it as it is wholly perfect and without fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Do you think BFA is perfect in every way?
    Are there any areas they could improve in?

Or no. There is absolutely no way to improve it as it is wholly perfect and without fault?
    The only thing that comes to mind is that I believe LFR should award ilevel 360. The difficulty more than justifies it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that comes to mind is that I believe LFR should award ilevel 360. The difficulty more than justifies it.
    Oh christ I should not have engaged with you any further.
    I apologize.
    I was just checking out your post history.
    Jesus H christ.

One word. Cringe.

Have a great day. Bye bye now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Congratulations on proving my point by instantly dismissing it as "bitching". Me and others who are complaining about BfA are doing so because we love WoW and want it to be good. You don't have anything to offer other than shilling for Blizzard and screaming your head off about how much you "love" BfA without going into specifics. What is it exactly that you love? The azerite grind? The plethora of bugs popping up every week?

Your positive feedback is worthless.
    Things I love about BFA:

1. Zones - I only play Alliance, but all 3 zones are incredibly well done, easily traversed, and fantastic views from most of the mountainous peaks
    2. Music - The artists who composed the music, particularly in the Inn and out in the Zones did a great job in pairing the tune with the emotion of the zone
    3. Character interaction - I truly enjoy the ways Taelia and Flynn Fairwind interact and play off my character, making me a part of the story, and not just a viewer
    4. Gear - Much better looking and more high quality than what was saw in WoD or Legion. Nice to have south seas gear and not dark twisted demonic junk
    5. Travel - The FPs and Ferry system make up far more travel points than what I have seen in the past. The option to take a boat, a bird, or my flight whistle makes it easier than ever to get around even without flight.
    6. Azerite system - Much better than Obliterum and higher levels by which you can increase iLvLs. You only gather Azerite for your neck and it prompts other Azerite gear when it is time to upgrade.
    7. Professions - No longer a complete RNG mess, or relying on NPCs to progress. I like the 3 star system, but disliked the Legion version with the extreme RNG
    8. Command Ship - It's nice to have both command tables on the same ship in the harbor, close to the Warfonts and and Island Expeditions, which are just rotational scenarios with AI, a bit like scenarios in MoP
    9. Storylines - some people complain about the writing, but I am actually enjoying it. The Jaina storyline so far has been amazing.

The ONLY thing I was not fond of was unlocking dungeons in intervals. Had all of them unlocked from the gate, I might have been more interested in running dungeons. As it stands, it takes a guild member to coax me into running heroics and mythics.

I love BFA, but just because I love it does not mean it is without flaws. People assume that loving something means pretending there are 0 flaws. BFA has flaws. I just choose to ignore them and continue to enjoy the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize.
    Jesus H christ.

One word. Cringe.

Told you she was a troll who just likes to pick fights.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Can the mods start banning these posts? You dont even need to think anymore to see that it is blatant trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out his post history before you blame me gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Can the mods start banning these posts? You dont even need to think anymore to see that it is blatant trolling.
    The OP is a major troll. Because that's the nicest word I can think to describe him when I checked his post history.
    He is just after a reaction.

I don't hate it but i also don't love it. It is meh thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Things I love about BFA:

1. Zones - I only play Alliance, but all 3 zones are incredibly well done, easily traversed, and fantastic views from most of the mountainous peaks
    2. Music - The artists who composed the music, particularly in the Inn and out in the Zones did a great job in pairing the tune with the emotion of the zone
    3. Character interaction - I truly enjoy the ways Taelia and Flynn Fairwind interact and play off my character, making me a part of the story, and not just a viewer
    4. Gear - Much better looking and more high quality than what was saw in WoD or Legion. Nice to have south seas gear and not dark twisted demonic junk
    5. Travel - The FPs and Ferry system make up far more travel points than what I have seen in the past. The option to take a boat, a bird, or my flight whistle makes it easier than ever to get around even without flight.
    6. Azerite system - Much better than Obliterum and higher levels by which you can increase iLvLs. You only gather Azerite for your neck and it prompts other Azerite gear when it is time to upgrade.
    7. Professions - No longer a complete RNG mess, or relying on NPCs to progress. I like the 3 star system, but disliked the Legion version with the extreme RNG
    8. Command Ship - It's nice to have both command tables on the same ship in the harbor, close to the Warfonts and and Island Expeditions, which are just rotational scenarios with AI, a bit like scenarios in MoP
    9. Storylines - some people complain about the writing, but I am actually enjoying it. The Jaina storyline so far has been amazing.

The ONLY thing I was not fond of was unlocking dungeons in intervals. Had all of them unlocked from the gate, I might have been more interested in running dungeons. As it stands, it takes a guild member to coax me into running heroics and mythics.

I love BFA, but just because I love it does not mean it is without flaws. People assume that loving something means pretending there are 0 flaws. BFA has flaws. I just choose to ignore them and continue to enjoy the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Told you she was a troll who just likes to pick fights.
    Everything you just listed is rehearsed stuff from previous expansions and not specific to BfA. We had good looking gear and engaging stories in WotLK too. And you've just showed a complete lack of understand of the entire Azerite system by comparing it to obliterum instead of artifacts. BfA literally added nothing but problems.

It's pretty obvious that you play WoW casually and have never set foot in high-end PvE or PvP. Keep your "feedback" to art appreciation threads and let people who play this game seriously discuss core mechanics without your input.

I apologize.
    Jesus H christ.

One word. Cringe.

Sorry what?

You come here with a false pretense of a reasonable discussion only to leave by insulting my character?

It is known that I'm one of the most reasonable posters in this forum. I engage in meaningful discussions and change the minds of hearts of my fellow posters just like they do mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything you just listed is rehearsed stuff from previous expansions and not specific to BfA. We had good looking gear and engaging stories in WotLK too. And you've just showed a complete lack of understand of the entire Azerite system by comparing it to obliterum instead of artifacts. BfA literally added nothing but problems.

It's pretty obvious that you play WoW casually and have never set foot in high-end PvE or PvP. Keep your "feedback" to art appreciation threads and let people who play this game seriously discuss core mechanics without your input.
    You aren't the arbiter of opinions.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am enjoying BfA and I dismiss anyone calling it "literally worse than WoD" as a massive retard not worth taking seriously.

HOWEVER: They did fuck up in many areas this expansion, and it makes me angry seeing them once more give fuel to the hyperbole train through stupid design decisions. BfA has a real problem with time vs reward structures, even for someone like me. All gear is RNG and often gives duplicates, the mission table was nerfed to hell, Island Expeditions fell flat (with more RNG to boot) and Warfronts are just another slot machine times 3, the scenario, the quests and the zone itself are all offering rewards on a table of RNG instead of having tangible rewards for you to work towards.

Am I having fun? Yes, I'm making a killing selling herbs/alchemy stuff, I'm raiding and I have tons of alts. I still think the developers need to step the fuck up and PROVE that they have fun in mind when designing the content, because right now it's very VERY much pointing towards the opposite being true, that they simply want MAUs to look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I am enjoying BfA and I dismiss anyone calling it "literally worse than WoD" as a massive retard not worth taking seriously.

HOWEVER: They did fuck up in many areas this expansion, and it makes me angry seeing them once more give fuel to the hyperbole train through stupid design decisions. BfA has a real problem with time vs reward structures, even for someone like me. All gear is RNG and often gives duplicates, the mission table was nerfed to hell, Island Expeditions fell flat (with more RNG to boot) and Warfronts are just another slot machine times 3, the scenario, the quests and the zone itself are all offering rewards on a table of RNG instead of having tangible rewards for you to work towards.

Am I having fun? Yes, I'm making a killing selling herbs/alchemy stuff, I'm raiding and I have tons of alts. I still think the developers need to step the fuck up and PROVE that they have fun in mind when designing the content, because right now it's very VERY much pointing towards the opposite being true, that they simply want MAUs to look good.
    People aren't being reasonable when they say stuff like that. They say they loved Legion and say BFA is trash. The fact is, BFA has got 99% of the stuff Legion had plus lots of entertaining content. See the problem here? The only reasonable argument here is that perhaps they didn't like Legion as much as they say they did.

Comparing BFA with WoD should be a crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry what?

You come here with a false pretense of a reasonable discussion only to leave by insulting my character?

It is known that I'm one of the most reasonable posters in this forum. I engage in meaningful discussions and change the minds of hearts of my fellow posters just like they do mine.
    Do you really want me to start quoting you from the past?
    I don't want to embarrass you any further...

Because there is a lot...
    EDIT: No I wont do that. I get nothing from embarrassing you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even during WotLK when WoW subs were at their peak there was never as much negative feedback as there is now. People complained about class balance and casualification, sure. No one ever complained about fundamental game mechanics like they do now.
    Yes they did.

Mana was no issue in WotLK, I could spam my heals all day and night, it was a complete joke. many complaints about that.

Many complaints about vehicle combat in WotLK.

It had one of the worst raids, 5 mans and content patches people went ape over, basically cutting Ulduar progress short for many guilds.

I could list more but it's pointless, people complained about many things in WotLK and they do every expansion.

Next expansion we will have, "no one complained like this in BFA", so many people have short term memories who play WoW. Or perhaps you weren't paying attention like you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You aren't the arbiter of opinions.
    Listen here, pal. I've played this game at a serious level for over 14 years. My opinion is way more reflective of the actual state of the game than his. If Blizzard wanted to retain veterans they would listen to me instead of him. But they can't hear me when there's 10 GnomeWarlocks for every veteran. Our opinions get drowned out by all the fanboyism. His feedback is hurting the game, not helping it.

Do you really want me to start quoting you from the past?
    I don't want to embarrass you any further...

Because there is a lot...
    EDIT: No I wont do that. I get nothing from embarrassing you.
    Aren't people allowed to change their mind? Isn't this the whole purpose of this forum? For people to discuss ideas?

I think you're trying to turn this forum into a forum about posters instead of their ideas. I'm not letting you because I also love this forum.

PS: Quote me all you like. I take it like a man like I always do because I'm very honest about everything I write in this forum.

10+ Year Old Account

He did not mention warfronts and island expeditions either.
    I guess two of the most heavily advertised features were not entertaining enough to reach his list.

Aren't people allowed to change their mind? Isn't this the whole purpose of this forum? For people to discuss ideas?

I think you're trying to turn this forum into a forum about posters instead of their ideas. I'm not letting you because I also love this forum.
    Except your entire history of posts (for 10 pages out of 40 at least) is about trolling others, saying the most cringiest and demeaning other posters and their opinions because they were negative towards WoW. I do not know why you are pretending otherwise. Literally anyone can read everything you have posted and judge for themselves.
    Last edited by Toho; 2018-09-18 at 03:23 PM.

People aren't being reasonable when they say stuff like that. They say they loved Legion and say BFA is trash. The fact is, BFA has got 99% of the stuff Legion had plus lots of entertaining content. See the problem here? The only reasonable argument here is that perhaps they didn't like Legion as much as they say they did.

Comparing BFA with WoD should be a crime.
    BfA has very real issues and the developer team should be held up to the same high standards that they delivered during Legion.

BfA has potential still, it's far from over, but pretending that it has no issues and that all the negative feedback is just trolling, is trolling in itself.

Since you have zero respect for my personal opinion, I have no need to listen to yours. Respect is a 2 way street. I am a very casual player and am not required to hate the expac like everyone wants me to. I like BFA. I'm sorry if you hate it. But we're done here.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I agree. Coming to an appreciation thread with petty insults shouldn't be allowed.