Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    It's not current and it's not legacy. So it's in a void state where it doesn't matter for endgame players but also doesn't matter for collectors? In other words, completly irrelevant content.

That's not on me, that's on you if you wanna bend down to blizzards completly made up rules. I read that you need to be 11 lvls higher, but WHY?
    I'll tell you why, because blizzard has no regard to their own rules when it comes to legacy content, and also because they probably just hate people having fun with their game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah thanks for understanding. Just because blizzard makes a rule doesn't mean the rule is good for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I completly forgot about LFR being locked to personal. That's actually a welcomed change, thanks.
    I'll tell you why. Why should you have easy access to the mythic transmogs which people put effort into getting while it was current content? For a while now, it hasn't been exactly rewarding when a new expansion comes out and then you see all these casual plebs wearing the same transmog as you which you spent weeks, even months trying to get. At least now those players can wear their transmog if they wish to and not feel like every tom dick and harry is also using it. It is a good change, as much as you may disagree because you are a special snowflake which thinks everything should be handed over to you because "hurr durr I pay the same amount as everyone else"

It's not current and it's not legacy. So it's in a void state where it doesn't matter for endgame players but also doesn't matter for collectors? In other words, completly irrelevant content.
    If it were irrelevant, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It doesn't matter to you. Quit confusing yourself for the masses, that's mental illness.

That's not on me, that's on you if you wanna bend down to blizzards completly made up rules. I read that you need to be 11 lvls higher, but WHY?
    Seriously dude?

Who else would make up the rules but Blizzard. And yeah, everyone actually has to bend to their rules because it's their game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Seriously dude?

Who else would make up the rules but Blizzard. And yeah, everyone actually has to bend to their rules because it's their game.
    because blizzard has never changed their stupid rules after a complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I mean it's on OP for not knowing, but it's definitely on blizzard for making stupid rules.

It's not a current expansion, it should be considered legacy.
    Why should it?

It goes:

New content
    Old content
    Legacy content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    The previous expansion has never been considered Legacy status.

This is 100% on you, not Blizzard.
    Really? Legacy is in the past. Legacy loot is a new concept but Blizzard pulled a fast one and changed it to 11 levels just before it was released. That wasn't communicated when they announced it previously. But it's water under the bridge at this point.

Oh btw....https://imgur.com/pZ5O2CZ

If last expansion isn't considered Legacy then why are the achievements for the entire expansion under the Legacy tab now?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Legacy loot mode affects difficulties that scale with the amount of players you have.

Firstly we have LFR. Originally, Dragon soul to Throne of Thunder LFR rewarded either 1 piece of loot or a gold bag. Most of the time, you got the gold bag. With legacy loot mode, you get loot as if there were a full 25 man group doing the instance. Same with LFR / normal / heroic from SoO to HFC. As originally, you only got 2 pieces of loot since it was scaled down to the minimum player size, which was 10 players. Mythic is already at a fixed player size, so it will reward 5-6 pieces anyway.

The best reason I can think of as to why Legion doesn't have legacy loot mode is because you can't easily solo all the bosses on all difficulties. Even normal Ursoc is a pain to solo.
    It would be fine to solo if it received the same nerf everything else does but it doesn't until next expac because reasons.

Blizzard promised Personal loot for current content, Legacy loot for legacy content.

WELL, I just went to Emerald Nightmare and guess what. No drops.
    Thanks blizzard, why do you have to mess up legacy raiding every new expansion?
    Already been stated that the legacy loot apples to raids that are 11 levels or more. EN is 10 levels thus no legacy loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Already been stated that the legacy loot apples to raids that are 11 levels or more. EN is 10 levels thus no legacy loot.
    That doesn't change it from being stupid even if technically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Really? Legacy is in the past. Legacy loot is a new concept but Blizzard pulled a fast one and changed it to 11 levels just before it was released. That wasn't communicated when they announced it previously. But it's water under the bridge at this point.

Oh btw....https://imgur.com/pZ5O2CZ

If last expansion isn't considered Legacy then why are the achievements for the entire expansion under the Legacy tab now?
    Because loot =/= achievements.

You act like I have the answers to this, or I'm the reason it's this way. They've had systems in place to make looting older raids easier for a long time now, ever since Cata' introduced transmogging. The most recent expansion (in this case Legion) has never been subject to those boosts.

Plain and simple. You can lawyer this up all you want with your arguments, but it doesn't change the way it is. Happy posting.

I'll tell you why, because blizzard has no regard to their own rules when it comes to legacy content, and also because they probably just hate people having fun with their game.
    What rule is not made up when it comes to loot, scaling and everything else where common sense can't be directly applied?
    Why is your way the only way, and every other way is "stupid", "idiotic" or dumb?

For example, you can easily argue that the people who got cool transmogs or mounts from last expansion should be allowed a little bit of exclusiveness (1-2 years in this case) before everyone can grab them with little to no effort, even if you don't personally agree with it. It's a completely valid point of view even if it doesn't align with your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Why should it?
    Why shouldn't it?
    It's literally not current xpac content.

That's stupid tho.

I swear blizzard is completly retarded when it comes to legacy runs. First they nerf Immerseus and Galakras so they're soloable and then one patch later they force personal loot on Mythic SoO.

They introduce legacy loot option, but they disable it on the hottest piece of legacy raids.

What's the point of legacy loot? WoD raids already had legacy loot, it's Legion raids that are forced into personal. Legacy loot is litteraly useless, since all raids affected by it were already working the same way before BFA.

It's not stupid, it's to prevent fresh 120 to go solo Mythic Argus and get Mythic Argus gear in day 1 of the expansion when some people just worked for the previous 6 months into acquiring it. If you want to get loot it can't be and are too impatient you'll have to do transmog runs in groups.

There was a complete discussion about this in the Q&A.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-09-19 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Are you stalking me just to share contrarian opinions?

Also if you are going to disagree, tell me why. Do you disagree that it's not a current expansion?
    Do you think that word "current" is antonymous to word "legacy"? Otherwise your question doesn't make any sense and you know it. There is something in between those and that's Legion. Other than that there is huge player base (it used to be about half of all players, but we don't know current numbers) that do not buy current expansion and play whatever is available with subscription only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    Do you think that word "current" is antonymous to word "legacy"? Otherwise your question doesn't make any sense and you know it. There is something in between those and that's Legion. Other than that there is huge player base (it used to be about half of all players, but we don't know current numbers) that do not buy current expansion and play whatever is available with subscription only.
    But that is clearly what it means in every other case but this one, so if you want to be intentionally obtuse it's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    What rule is not made up when it comes to loot, scaling and everything else where common sense can't be directly applied?
    Why is your way the only way, and every other way is "stupid", "idiotic" or dumb?

For example, you can easily argue that the people who got cool transmogs or mounts from last expansion should be allowed a little bit of exclusiveness (1-2 years in this case) before everyone can grab them with little to no effort, even if you don't personally agree with it. It's a completely valid point of view even if it doesn't align with your point of view.
    What makes it made up and stupid is the fact that it's not in line with previous rules.

When WoD hit, you could go and loot MoP raids. When Legion hit, you could go and loot WoD raids. When BFA hit, you couldn't go and loot Legion raids.

What I am getting at is, in blizzard words legacy loot is making it easier to farm old raids, but it actually doesn't. (except for lfr raids, which is a welcomed change, so atleast we got that going.)

Another crybaby whine post from casuals that can only do bosses when they outlevel them. Pathetic.

Old raids should scale so that they can only be done with a full raid group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Legacy loot does not include the previous expansion for reasons known only to Blizzard. It has to be 11 levels or more below you.
    Great. Now it will take forever to farm those juicy T19 plate armor from Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold. Looks like this has to wait for next xpac -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Another crybaby whine post from casuals that can only do bosses when they outlevel them. Pathetic.

And reward what? Good luck finding enough people for a full difficulty raid without reward except transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

Another elitist who is soooo above the casual noobs.

Even after raiding WoD on a very high lvl (world 300 guild) I still didn't have all leather transmog sets completed. Why? Because raiding's raiding and transmog farming's transmog farming.

Also, implying that soloing old bosses is walk in a park and not a legitimate challenge the game offers.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    The loot is inside the boss
    HAHAHA (I have nothing useful to add but this mad me chortle)