Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3 things bother me when I look at the new Dark Iron dwarfs model (and none are a problem with them directly) :

1) Blizz didn't update ANY dark iron PNJ with these models.
    2) They got a sweet pal mount when the Lightforged Dreanei didn't ? Cmon, they are literally THE paladin race.
    3) Their earth elem as sham should be one of these black stone elems.

Also, they clearly have the greatest /silly in game...
    https://youtu.be/oOj9Fm0HWnk?t=59
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving mine as well, far more than I expected.

Even their mount, which I thought looked ridiculous, has grown on me in game - it has great new animations.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I'm at 10k revered with 7th Legion, can't wait to unlock these guys. I should use the mission table more, it'd be faster, right now I just do the WQ's and the weekly 1500 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I didn't know those existed. Now I do and I will never be happy until I have them - why have you done this to me
    Weirdly, the other races have heritage weapons too. The Nightborne ones look awesome. No clue why Blizzard designed all of these but didn't include them.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Always been a fan of Dark Irons, though I doubt I'll reroll. Too little, too late for this Bronzebeard. Happy to see more dwarves running around though, even if it's just the flavor of the expansion. Anything to combat the plague of slutmogged elves and draenei.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Always been a fan of Dark Irons, though I doubt I'll reroll. Too little, too late for this Bronzebeard. Happy to see more dwarves running around though, even if it's just the flavor of the expansion. Anything to combat the plague of slutmogged elves and draenei.
    The more disturbing fact about that last line is mainly male players are usually behind those types of avatars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I can't wait to unlock my Dark Iron Shaman!

I wish they also released the frostborn dwarves (ice beards instead of fiery ones?) and the earthern dwarves (see below)!

Dwarves with magical enhancements (Dark Iron, Frostborn and earthern) look so much cooler than the regular boring humanlike ones in my opinion (aka bronzebeard and wildhammer).
    If they ever release Runemaster as a new class I could see it possible for these as well as Wildhammer being an Allied Race to go with it.

But yea regardless I would still want to see more skin choices, like Wildhammer or Frostborn, in a similar way they did the Mag'har orcs Allied Race.

EDIT: I have never seen those red dwarfs in that pic, or maybe I have but I am drawing a blank, where are they located in game? Uldaman?
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-18 at 01:52 PM.

I'm leveling and enjoying a DI Hunter who hit 80 last night.

It was a bit strange in Grizzly Hills fighting against other DI dwarves!

Quote Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
    I'm leveling and enjoying a DI Hunter who hit 80 last night.

It was a bit strange in Grizzly Hills fighting against other DI dwarves!
    The dwarves in Grizzly Hills are iron dwarves though, they don't have any connection with dark iron dwarves.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I can't wait to unlock my Dark Iron Shaman!

I wish they also released the frostborn dwarves (ice beards instead of fiery ones?) and the earthern dwarves (see below)!

[IMG]https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/5/5c/Earthencomp.jpg

Dwarves with magical enhancements (Dark Iron, Frostborn and earthern) look so much cooler than the regular boring humanlike ones in my opinion (aka bronzebeard and wildhammer).
    For me, I'd love to see the Iron Dwarves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the heritage belt still bugged?

I ain't grinding for one if they are buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    For me, I'd love to see the Iron Dwarves.

For me they could release the Frostborn, Iron and Earthen Dwarves in a pack called mag'har dwarves from northrend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    EDIT: I have never seen those red dwarfs in that pic, or maybe I have but I am drawing a blank, where are they located in game? Uldaman?
    I have no idea... i got that picture in wowpedia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    1) Blizz didn't update ANY dark iron PNJ with these models.
    Blizzard hasn't updated the nightborne as well. Feels wierd when my nightborne inteacts with Thalyssra or other Suramar npcs...
    Its like talking to night elves ... or other distant elf cousins.

PS: Actually they look more similar to night elves than to the Suramar NPCs

Up to level 74. almost out of the terrible 60-80 range. Monk daily exp buff helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Just run through the Cataclysm zones instead! While most people may not have liked the world revamp for Cata, their questing zones were all pretty excellent. Mount Hyjal is still one of my all time favorite leveling zones because of the way that you actually saw progress as you continued through the zone, Twilight Highlands was also a great one with Garona, a dwarf clan (if you're doing Dark Iron, could be fun), and plenty of dragon stuff going on. I honestly enjoyed Uldum quite a bit too, even if the Tol'vir race in general seemed like a random ass addition. Great questing and the dungeons were good too. Blackrock Caverns and Stonecore were two of my favorite dungeons from Cata.

Then if you haven't gotten through to 90 yet, just cruise through Pandaland collecting the treasures. They're still worth a lot of experience (enough to squeak a couple levels out) and get you through to Warlords content hopefully.
    I heard Hyjal & Jade Forest are enough to level from 80-90. You can always explore (aka fly through) the map zones & unlock their flightpaths, to get extra free bonus XP! Also play the Cataclysm unlocking portal chains for extra XP as well (Vashir & Twilight Highlands still require questing to fully unlock their portals, while Uldum, Hyjal and Deepholm quests are now optional). Mining and herbalism also give XP, so dont forget unlock mine/herb and farm it while flying or leveling.

PS: if you made through Northrend and Outland, im sure you will make this one as well! (far easier now)
    Thanks for the suggestions. Probably the main reason I got stuck was getting to Pandaland, remembering that I actually dislike the Jade Forest intro and deciding to level via pet battles instead, and I think I bored myself to the point of fatigue with that. But at 86/87 now I might try scooping up the treasures and see how close to 90 that takes me.

I'm not mad keen on the levelling in Pandaria, though at max level I loved the zones. I will take the Dark Iron to Cata instead though. I've just never really liked levelling in this game, unfortunately! There have been some enjoyable zones for sure and I do enjoy being able to finish them without slowing down the pace. There just seems to be too much of it for my liking.
    Last edited by Glowbear; 2018-09-18 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The dwarves in Grizzly Hills are iron dwarves though, they don't have any connection with dark iron dwarves.
    Thanks for clarifying!

Their mount - and only DID could use it - should have been a Golem.

Can't wait to level mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    They're good, but the thought that they may legitimately be the best Allied Race Alliance ever gets is incredibly depressing.
    Nightborne are imho the most unique so far (KT will be next).

today's the day i get my orcs, too. been a slow, painful road, and a hurricane slowed my progress, but i'm very much enjoying my dark iron warlock.

shadow and flame feels so right for her, so i'm leveling with soulfire and shadowflame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Their mount - and only DID could use it - should have been a Golem.

Can't wait to level mine.
    yeah, i'd have killed for a omnitron defense system style golem mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Would actually play a Dark Iron Dwarf if possible.

Doubt I'll ever be able to make one, because there is no way I'll ever grind the rep.
    It's an easier rep to grind that Void elves, that's for sure.

A bunch of people unlocked DIs on week 2 of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Would actually play a Dark Iron Dwarf if possible.

Doubt I'll ever be able to make one, because there is no way I'll ever grind the rep.
    Grind? There is 0 effort in this rep, you get rep from story/warfonts/WQs. Shit i was exalted without even trying and i barley do WQs.