Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For me, I don't really like it. In Legion a lot of my old school friends and guildmates did not return to the game and I mained mage since Vanilla so I was pure dps. I also played very on and off during legion partially because my friends werent playing and also because I wasnt getting into mythic+ groups regularly. Basically, in the past I had all Gold challenge modes, and was a US top 100 mythic raid leader. However it was such a pain to get invited to groups because I wasnt playing regularly. I realize at some point I could just start my own groups, which happened. but basically you just end up sitting there with 3 dps for upwards of an hour. I at least got a chance before raider IO became a thing. but for the first time ever since Vanilla I am not playing mage, and instead chose to play a hybrid class because I NEVER want to experience that again. Needless to say, I can understand why some people like it, so that they can get good players with proven track records.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurich View Post
    So what, i wanted to join a 7 after i had completed2 +8s on time, all my rio ahowed were a couple of 6 i had done a week prior. The system is very flawed and sucks for ppl who are decnet at m+ but do it rarely due to time constraints

not ro mention it depends on 4 other ppl
    It is clear to me you lack the basic understanding of how RIO works.So let me explain.
    If your Mythic+ Run is not in the Top 100 runs on your Realm for the week, RIO can not track it and update your info.Raider.io is it is tied to the leaderboards the same way wowprogress is.The two sites can not work with information which is not on the leaderboards.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2018-09-18 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    It is clear to me you lack the basic understanding of how RIO works.So let me explain.
    If your Mythic+ Run is not in the Top 100 runs on your Realm for the week, RIO can not track it and update your info.Raider.io is it is tied to the leaderboards the same way wowprogress is.The two sites can not work with information which is not on the leaderboards.
    yes you just repeated your last post and i said that is why rio is severely flawed, my in time 8s were not there and i was later declined for a 7 after leader checked my rio

i was sharing my experience and simply saying why rio is flawed

its clear to me you lack the basic understanding of what i was saying. now stop being condescending.
    Last edited by mmoc4b988bc479; 2018-09-18 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    As long as it's used for high keys, it's a great tool. BUT knowing the WoW community, it might start being used for +3s too...
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were being used for M0's.

If you see a player who has done a specific dungeon on level 22 lets say 30 times this is definitely not a boost lol.I doubt more than 10% of WoW population have the money to afford so many high runs.Also if the party members in the group are the same in each run this means it is definitely a premade farming score and not boosting.

Nope it does not just show you have completed a high key.It can be the highest level but this does not mean it will be with best score.Your previous time of the old key can be better so higher score.So What if you have completed once a high level key?Also there is a tab where i can see exactly how many times you have done a specific key
    You are wrong again.There is a video option where you can see how the run went(not everyone uses it but still it is there!).So the so called legit proof of being good or not can be found.Also i repeat.Everyone who can do right now 15 and higher keys is for certain a good player.

You do not have any real proof of this.How can you say what % of the playerbase is boosted or not?

Such bad english....

I can agree with you on this one.Achievements doesn't mean shit from a long time.But it is Blizzard's fault for allowing them to become absolute and making ilvl a useless system by introducing WF/TF.

Yes it can be a boost if the run was once or twice done.But if the the group is exactly the same 5 players each time and you see more than 10 or more runs in each high level key then it is absolutely not a boost.I repeat there are enough tabs in RIO to compare how good a specific player!
    prove it to me. litterly 99% of the players i see that says oh i got this score on raider io. is honestly bad. and 99% of the times a group requires it they are bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the chicken or the egg debate all over again.

How the fuck is someone supposed to get a high Raider IO score if nobody will invite them since they don't have a high score? Form your own group? yeah...half the time that is not possible.

Deleted
    ABSOLUTLY HATE it

For me, a skilled m+ family father who is raiding 2 evenings a week is nearly impossible to build up enough io score.
    But still i cleared several 10s in time , know all tactics and pulling 15k + dps no serious group ever invites me because of only 700 io score...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    I believe there have been like a million threads on this topic before ...

While it may not absolutely reflect somebody's personal skill very well, it still gives you quite a decent hint of who has already done a certain dungeon on a certain level and how often they've done it. And those who hate it are essentially those with shitty scores who're just looking to get some easy loot.
    ore those who hate it are the guys who don't have a guild to run m+ all the time or have a guild with bad mates and can't get in any higher m+ because every shithead looks at raider.io so those who are stuck with low score will stay low.. raider.io is just another cancer tool in my case my current guild doesn't seem to like running alot of m+ but i don't woan't to leave the guild since there are some rl friends there.. despite being ilvl 368 even 90% of +7 groups decline me even though i did some +11 but since raider.io score is below 900 good luck getting into groups

- - - Updated - - -

Such bad english....
    i guess u are NA who doesn't even know any second or even third language .. not everyone has english as its mothertongue . id like to see u on lets say a french forum posting something in french and get a sentence 100% right

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    The in-game addon is only updated once a day, though you can update it more frequently when using the desktop app. And with the mass lookup button that they added to the group finder, using the web sites isn't actually all that bad.

About high pop servers, I played on both Thrall and Zul'jin in Legion - and while this was actually a problem prior to the Antorus release on Zul'jin, I've never really had any problems with runs not counting after Blizzard increased the size of their leaderboard. This is obviously a Blizzard API problem and not something the website / addon could do anything about.

And it can also be completely circumvented by inviting somebody from a low-pop realm into your group.
    Ultimately it might be a worse issue in Korea where 90% of the playerbase is on one server. And inviting someone from a low-pop server is not as easy as it sounds.

To illustrate my point, here's a screenshot of my in-game score:

As you can see, the addon is VASTLY inaccurate in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    ABSOLUTLY HATE it

For me, a skilled m+ family father who is raiding 2 evenings a week is nearly impossible to build up enough io score.
    But still i cleared several 10s in time , know all tactics and pulling 15k + dps no serious group ever invites me because of only 700 io score...
    If you have a 700 score and clearing multiple 10's right now in time that's higher than most pug tanks so I'm calling BS. Post up a link to your profile

Hate it. Getting a competent mythic group is hard enough, but with this it seriously raises the bar of entry with obnoxious, invisible variables.

Let me put it this way: How the hell do you expect me to get more experienced if I'm never invited into mythic groups?

This is why I never had anything against titanforging. It should be possible to brute force such player-mandated barriers with enough effort instead of the playerbase being able to prevent you from moving up the chain into higher difficulty content like some sort of flipping mafia.

It's that sort of awful "holding the bar just out of reach" treatment that got me to quit serious raiding between WotLK and Legion.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-09-18 at 08:23 PM.

It's lovely to have another number that we can use to discriminate against players, because gearscore just wasn't enough.

10/10

There will always be a filter. Gearscore, iLv, Achievement, etc. IMO, raider.io is a better metric.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Personally I like it since it shows instantly what mythics someone has done if you're pugging. So you can pick someone thats more experienced. Alot of people seem to really hate it thouhg since it's like gearscore addon 2.0.
    Hate it because some use it like the bible, ending up refusing people who might be geared enough but hasn't been in an M+.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So what do you expect? Being carried? Work your way up the ladder like everyone else and stop making excuses for yourself. It isn't the system's fault that you can't be bothered to do that. You would probably enter high key groups and ruin the dungeon run for them anyway.
    lmao wtf is this impotent nerdrage, it was a little joke about people's attitude to the addon you lunatic

PS I'm better at WoW than you

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    lmao wtf is this impotent nerdrage, it was a little joke about people's attitude to the addon you lunatic

PS I'm better at WoW than you
    I doubt that, I can see by your posts that you enjoy getting carried around like a baby. That's completely fine though.

I died twice doing it on my 326 Shaman because I facetanked Garrosh's whirlwind, then stood in the main room.
    hate it because I didn't do M+, have a low score and can't get a group
    Last edited by tikcol; 2018-09-19 at 09:24 AM.

It's kind of silly, but I guess I get why people use it?

To me it's just the new gearscore. This crap has to exist in the playerbase because people don't want to be stuck carrying characters in M+ runs that are clearly unprepared for it, but still want to pug. To me it has and always will be an extremely ugly side of WoW's community that encourages this gap between "casual" and "hardcore" that can't be crossed, with Blizzard implicit by designing the game in a way that ilvl and character progress as a whole can't be a gauge for how experienced or good a player is.

If people find fault in stuff like raider.io they should likely realize that it exists because of the flippant way the game distributes gear now. If you want it to die off, kill off the RNG-obsessed loot systems and stuff like that won't be nearly as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    It's kind of silly, but I guess I get why people use it?

To me it's just the new gearscore. This crap has to exist in the playerbase because people don't want to be stuck carrying characters in M+ runs that are clearly unprepared for it, but still want to pug. To me it has and always will be an extremely ugly side of WoW's community that encourages this gap between "casual" and "hardcore" that can't be crossed, with Blizzard implicit by designing the game in a way that ilvl and character progress as a whole can't be a gauge for how experienced or good a player is.

If people find fault in stuff like raider.io they should likely realize that it exists because of the flippant way the game distributes gear now. If you want it to die off, kill off the RNG-obsessed loot systems and stuff like that won't be nearly as necessary.
    I would have to agree. I don't see it as a good system in itself but I see what changed that more or less makes it a requirement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I doubt that, I can see by your posts that you enjoy getting carried around like a baby. That's completely fine though.
    lmao whatever weirdo dangle that bait somewhere else

The only thing I hate about raider.io is that I feel obligated to push keys I don't give a shit about just to boost my score. I have limited time and would like to spend it running high keys of dungeons that give me worthwhile loot.