Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is badass! Nice dude.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    The levels of cringe are off the scale.
    Oh bull, you'd probably do a dragon sleeve or something else generic. (And hey, nothing wrong with that if that's your thing)
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Good luck with your future job interviews, nice tattoo otherwise, but why the skulls?
    He was smart and a dress shirt will be able to cover it up anyhow. As long as you dont have hand, face, neck tattoos its a simple thing to hide them in an interview.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Praymore View Post

Wanted knight tatto, ended up with lich king
    Looks good, but it would be better on your upper arm imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Praymore View Post
    one time 5hours straight without breaks i have dragon over my shoulder aswell

Can you please remove your hairy nipple from my clean, Christian internet website?

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Can you please remove your hairy nipple from my clean, Christian internet website?
    Free the nipple!

OP, nice Arthas-tattoo!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodkatwist View Post
    I have four tattoos and a job, like millions of people out there. We're not in the '50s anymore.

What a blast of tattoo OP!
    Depends on the job . No one in the management, acountability, economics area hires people with tatoos easily seen. Unless you don't mind wearing a shirt and not folding your sleeves for the entire day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Depends on the job . No one in the management, acountability, economics area hires people with tatoos easily seen. Unless you don't mind wearing a shirt and not folding your sleeves for the entire day
    That's odd, because I know accountants, managers, and even teachers with tattoos. Hell, at my last job, the regional director's 'thing' was to get tattoos from all the places he visited.

In the more technical field, they're basically a requirement these days.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That's odd, because I know accountants, managers, and even teachers with tattoos. Hell, at my last job, the regional director's 'thing' was to get tattoos from all the places he visited.

In the more technical field, they're basically a requirement these days.

You live in UK right? Must be some cultural difference or something like that, here in Portugal the only places that don't mind hiring people with tatoos are from either tatoo shops or clothing shops for a younger population. For accountability, management, economic, law, etc, those areas employers never hire people with tatoos that are easily seen. And tbh, it makes sense, you don't hire a lawyer or an accountant that wears a tshirt to work and has his arms full of skull tatoos lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    You live in UK right? Must be some cultural difference or something like that, here in Portugal the only places that don't mind hiring people with tatoos are from either tatoo shops or clothing shops for a younger population. For accountability, management, economic, law, etc, those areas employers never hire people with tatoos that are easily seen. And tbh, it makes sense, you don't hire a lawyer or an accountant that wears a tshirt to work and has his arms full of skull tatoos lmao
    I think the main thing with 'suited' professions is that you'd probably simply never know, maybe hand and face tattoos could pose a problem but once you have the experience, contacts and have proven yourself even that probably starts to matter less. It might be ill-advised before you get on the job ladder, but once you're up there people stop caring.

I'm a Research Technician, they're certainly not an uncommon 'feature' in sciences.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    It looks pretty badass, but I have to ask, why get an Arthas tattoo this far down the line?
    Don't worry. He will be relevant again when they bring him back for a future expansion. You know its gonna happen.

Nice! Looks awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool!

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    that's pretty sick dude.

and ignore that first guy, employers really relaxing on the tattoo thing these days
    It really depends on the job and the employer. Most blue collar employers don't care at all, grey collar (new label for somewhere in the middle of desk and service industry) just really depend on how customer facing you are and what the job/role is. MANY white collar fortune 500 employers though frown on visible tattoos.

The general rule of thumb for those white collar jobs is any tats should be able to be hidden by a t-shirt for men, tank top for women. It's stupid, but that's how the bulk of corporate/finance America is.

You are very right in that things are starting to get more loose about it, but it's still a bone of contention for many.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty dope.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Congrats bro....kudos to your tattoo artist...outstanding work!!!

Deleted
    Ty all ye i love it

Ugh ok you people need to chill the fuck out. I get that you like to "express" yourselves with your tattoos and that it's a fashion now for everyone to have one, but that doesn't mean you don't face off against professional employers who see that as a sign of "why the fuck is he showing off his tattoos in an interview, is this a person who puts focus on telling everyone what a special snowflake they are, or is he here to work"?

Same thing as people who wear too much perfume, sexy clothes or whatever else that doesn't pertain to a job interview. We're talking about pre-conceived notions here.

I live in Montreal, fucking 90% of the population here has tattoos because it's a fashion now, that doesn't mean Scotia Bank is gonna jump all over your dick because you show up with a dragon on your face and a panda on your arm because you're just "expressing yourself".

Jesus fucking christ the amount of people who couldn't stand being told that their form of expression isn't necessarily what will get them hired at an interview, depending what you're applying for.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    tattoo looks nice but i personally would have put it on the ass
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)