Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I wonder if the world first race will actually be two races now that are faction specific. Does this mean Method needs to level and gear Alliance toons so they can world first both versions of the raid? :O
    I imagine it will be the 9/9 no matter the faction.

World First for is over when the 9 bosses in there are dead. Doesn't matter which faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    No, King Rastakhan will pop shieldwall and summon his guards and do all sorts of throwing axe attacks. Again, you're a fucking retard if you think there will be anything different between the bosses
    Glad to see you've played the PTR that isn't up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    I'm happy as is with the dwarf armor personally, classic Dwarven with a hint of Tolkien-esque Dwarf.
    Wonder why other races didn't get heritage armor yet. Maybe because they have a clear idea of what kind of heritage armor would work for Blood elves and Dwarves.

Not that I care about other races!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I imagine it will be the 9/9 no matter the faction.

World First for is over when the 9 bosses in there are dead. Doesn't matter which faction.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, that depends. If the six bosses that are faction specific don't have mirrored mechanics then they are technically completely different bosses. They probably will, but we don't know for sure yet.

Raids are major patches by default, as far as I can remember.
    Overall, good news, but I still do have a bit of doubt about the execution.
    P.S.
    Alliance looses the battle, that much is clear. However, do they kill the ol'Rasta? And what happens to Jaina?

I predict the events of the Zandalar-raid:

The alliance climbs the pyramid and ultimately defeats king Rastakhan, thinking with this, they break the unity of the Zandalari. But Princess Talanji pulls a Turalion (Tides of Darkness) and is even more determined to push the invaders back. When the horde reaches the Jaina-fight, they will beat her to 10% where she will freeze the entire raid arthas-like. But then, trough "divine intervention" (maybe undead Derek Proudmoore) Jaina is grievously wounded and can only escape with the alliance forces by the sacrifice of her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I mean, that depends. If the six bosses that are faction specific don't have mirrored mechanics then they are technically completely different bosses. They probably will, but we don't know for sure yet.
    Exactly we don't know.

All that poster has to go on right now is their own speculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

It's amazing how you can't see the irony in your own post

No, King Rastakhan will pop shieldwall and summon his guards and do all sorts of throwing axe attacks. Again, you're a fucking retard if you think there will be anything different between the bosses
    You seem pretty angry over something you're making assumptions on.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Wonder why other races didn't get heritage armor yet. Maybe because they have a clear idea of what kind of heritage armor would work for Blood elves and Dwarves.

Not that I care about other races!
    Yeah, it is kind of odd. I thought Nelfs would've been up first since they turned the old night elf cinematic armor into actual in-game armor for npc's for the initial Darkshore pre-launch event.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Both sides think they're getting the raw deal in the Alliance vs. Horde raid.

See Blizz, this is why faction-based conflict is a bad idea. You want new content to get players hyped, not make them feel like shit.
    Welcome to reality where everyone thinks the grass is always greener, I'm right and you're wrong, you're part of X and I am a part of Y so X is wrong and Y is good.

Developing anything based on that will get you nowhere, which is what you are proposing.

It's amazing how you can't see the irony in your own post
    But neither you or I have any way of knowing how the different bosses will be handled. I haven't said they won't be either.

All you are doing is speculating. I meanwhile am waiting to see what happens rather than listening to some random poster on MMO-C speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    But there will be 14 new bosses, 3 of them faction specific.
    You clearly didn't hear and can't read as well, it was on the powerpoint. Siege of Zuldazar will be having 9 bosses total. 6 for each faction, 3 that are overlapping.

so that is 9 bosses + 2 from the stormsong raid = 11

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You clearly didn't hear and can't read as well, it was on the powerpoint. Siege of Zuldazar will be having 9 bosses total. 6 for each faction, 3 that are overlapping.

so that is 9 bosses + 2 from the stormsong raid = 11
    This. In total it is 14 bosses. However for each faction it's 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditju View Post
    I predict the events of the Zandalar-raid:

The alliance climbs the pyramid and ultimately defeats king Rastakhan, thinking with this, they break the unity of the Zandalari. But Princess Talanji pulls a Turalion (Tides of Darkness) and is even more determined to push the invaders back. When the horde reaches the Jaina-fight, they will beat her to 10% where she will freeze the entire raid arthas-like. But then, trough "divine intervention" (maybe undead Derek Proudmoore) Jaina is grievously wounded and can only escape with the alliance forces by the sacrifice of her mother.
    I'd actually be pretty sad if they killed her mom. It would make sense though. Jaina would see the death of the Zandalari king as a great victory, but with a steep cost.

Looks like Bwonsamdi is gonna be collectin King Rastakhan soul sooner than expected.

this is all surprising and pretty awesome. 2 new raids? That is pretty dope.

We are each going to have 3 neutral bosses, then 3 faction specific bosses, then if we're horde, we talk to an NPC and turn into humans to fight the other bosses under the guise of him telling us what happened.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You seem pretty angry over something you're making assumptions on.
    I agree it's too early to tell. But in defense of that person you quoted (who put it quite rudely), if the bosses do not have mirrored mechanics (even if different terminology for the abilities) then the raiding community will have to A. Consider only the non-faction specific bosses as part of the World First race or B. Have an Alliance World First and Horde World First race. Not that that would be a big problem, it would just be a change, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    OMG new WQ's!!!!!!oneI!II!

That will truly save things!
    Oh yes, nitpick the line about new WQs and totally ignore everything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    As .1 patches go its pretty good, .1 patches are not generally huge, but still disappointing they didn't talk about class changes, looking forward to that undead inspired warfront armor and Belf heritage set.
    #GetRidOfTitanforge