Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think during the Jaina fight, Katherine Proudmoore will wander in the middle of the fight area, “Hey Daughter, what are you...” *Pwned by random AoE* (You know how those hordies have trouble holding back :P ), Rasthakan bites the big one somewhere in the raid too, so for both Kul’Tiras and Zandalar the heavily faction-aligned leaders that have been propped up all of the expansion have to take over leadership of their respective people, providing a reason for the allied races to choose sides.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Are you comparing Jaina to Sylvanas and the Horde army in terms of power level? If so, scratch the "a bit" from my initial reply.
    No, I said having some rando horde raid fighting Jaina and the Alliance together wouldn't work as a regular encounter, it would make no sense. I reversed the roles to show it's not favoring Jaina as if you told me the Alliance gets to have Sylvanas as an encounter it would be just as stupid. Some rando alliance raid wouldn't be able to fight Sylvanas and the horde army.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Can you imagine the outcry if Alliance finally gets to go on the attack (I mean the whole Alliance, not Genn's little stunt in Stormheim) and all they get out of it is a dead Jaina? Even if they kill Rastakhan, it would be pathetic.
    Getting to go into an enemy city center and killing their king is pathetic? I guess then if the horde raids stormwind and kills Anduin that would mean nothing? Or if the alliance raids SoO again and kills/helps depose another warchief it would be nothing too right?

If Rastakan dies in this attack as an alliance objective and the alliance is pushed back it means only one thing. Objective accomplished.

Tajanji replacing him was set in stone the moment he made the deal with bwonsamdi. This is just part of the process.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    As I said before, we've done that together. And Jaina and Sylvanas now could come close to the Lich King after all they've been through, after all they did survive a 1 on 1 with him before if barely and managed to restrain him, sylvanas even more than once. They are stronger character than we are by miles, specially when we are divided.
    The Lich king is one of the lower tier threats that was confronted over the years, most Titan keepers are stronger than him in a one on one encounter. The thing is Jaina is not invincible, not so massively overpowered that she could win such a confrontation. She was brought down by a normal bullet before after all.

Same goes for sylvanas confronted by the right people she is toast.

Finally, hope the Alliance shows the grey color with killing all the loas(including Samedi and Jani), the orphanage near of the harbor and steal almost all the gold in the pyramid, finally got tired for all the passivity from the alliance and the horde not doing anything war related beside of being the errand of the loser of Nathanos, heck I want him to screw the strategy so we can get more spotlight for others commanders in the campaign like Thalyssra, Lasan(those two are doing nothing currently) and Talanji, also this may motive Vol'jin to take arms with the trolls
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Throw one random Sunreaver Archmage at her to tank her and she's useless. Or any banshee. Also, how did Alliance storyline end in comparison to the Horde one that supposedly makes them so super duper strong?
    Whispers "human potential".

Can't say those words out loud. The neighboring galaxy might implode with the force of those words if said too loud.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monteiro View Post
    Could someone please write a detailed description of the new raid? I cant stand his voice.
    siege of zuldazar: 9 bossess

has a version for each faction
    -alliance pushes up the pyramid heading for rastakhan
    -horde will defend dazar'alor, pushing the alliance back to the docks, ending with jaina

crucible of storms: 2 boss raid
    -is under stormsong
    -old god wibbly wobbly.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Getting to go into an enemy city center and killing their king is pathetic? I guess then if the horde raids stormwind and kills Anduin that would mean nothing? Or if the alliance raids SoO again and kills/helps depose another warchief it would be nothing too right?

If Rastakan dies in this attack as an alliance objective and the alliance is pushed back it means only one thing. Objective accomplished.

Tajanji replacing him was set in stone the moment he made the deal with bwonsamdi. This is just part of the process.
    False equivalency. If the situation was reversed and the Horde raided Boralus, killed Katherine Proudmoore but Sylvanas died in the process then yes, that would also be pathetic.

Rasta'mon will likely die. This will advance Talanji's plot as well as make it very well known to her about her father's bargain with Bwosomdi. This has effectively been her entire natural direction of her overall plot. Her father makes shifty, stupid decisions and she's left to clean them up, notably show how competent she is in comparison to her father.

Jaina is effectively the Talanji of the Alliance. My bets are that her newfound now-canon brother will die after the Alliance is given a heavy questline of getting to know him (either that or her already established mother will die instead, leaving the spotlight for Thandred to develop as a character). Specifically, he will die in her place at the hands of the Horde characters (or Rexxar) in front of Jaina, as this advances her plot in the natural direction that its been going for a long while now.

7+ Year Old Account
    OT: she certainly wont die, she literally just got elevated to major faction leader, they aren't gonna kill her off that fast.

rastakhan however, is pretty much set up to die so talanji can take over.

Formerly known as Arafal

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Lich king is one of the lower tier threats that was confronted over the years, most Titan keepers are stronger than him in a one on one encounter. The thing is Jaina is not invincible, not so massively overpowered that she could win such a confrontation. She was brought down by a normal bullet before after all.

Same goes for sylvanas confronted by the right people she is toast.
    She does have the Staff of Antonidas infused with Lei Shen's power, which he took from a keeper. We needed both factions together to fight the Lich King, while Jaina and Sylvanas managed to fight him alone and restrain him and survive, barely but still survive. Both are much stronger people now than then. One of them alone is stronger than us divided so a regular encounter wouldn't work.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    False equivalency. If the situation was reversed and the Horde raided Boralus, killed Katherine Proudmoore but Sylvanas died in the process then yes, that would also be pathetic.
    Jaina is not the leader of the alliance. Anduin is. Sylvannas is the warchief. Not rastakhan. Jaina is the leader of kul tiras. Not Anduin. Rastakan is the leader of zandalari. Not sylvanas.

No, I said having some rando horde raid fighting Jaina and the Alliance together wouldn't work as a regular encounter, it would make no sense. I reversed the roles to show it's not favoring Jaina as if you told me the Alliance gets to have Sylvanas as an encounter it would be just as stupid. Some rando alliance raid wouldn't be able to fight Sylvanas and the horde army.
    Ah, okay. Sorry, just got a little confused.

That said, I agree that wouldn't make sense. Maybe it isn't a 'traditional' boss fight (i.e. close combat), though. If it takes place on the high seas it might involve naval warfare of some kind, and we never actually face her close quarter.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Another question to be raised is how much of an impact this raid is going to have in the lore. I mean, one faction is GOING to have to win, right? It can't just end in a stalemate, that would be very, very lame.
    I think Alliance will manage to kill Rastakhan (end boss for Alliance). Horde raid will be too late to save him, but they'll push out Alliance forces back to Kul Tiras (Jaina end boss - I think she will end up wounded at best).

So something like this:

Alliance: Assault on harbor boss -> 2 neutral bosses in city (some wild monster, this kind of stuff) -> Horde boss guarding pyramid -> neutral boss in Seal ->Rasthakan.
    Horde: "Push out Alliance" boss -> neutral boss in Seal -> Alliance boss in harbor -> 2 neutral bosses in city -> Fight with Jaina on the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Jaina is not the leader of the alliance. Anduin is. Sylvannas is the warchief. Not rastakhan. Jaina is the leader of kul tiras. Not Anduin. Rastakan is the leader of zandalari. Not sylvanas.
    I'm not talking about who is leader of what. I'm talking about their importance, how much they've been built up vs some disposable characters that were added into the game a month ago.

She does have the Staff of Antonidas infused with Lei Shen's power, which he took from a keeper. We needed both factions together to fight the Lich King, while Jaina and Sylvanas managed to fight him alone and restrain him and survive, barely but still survive. Both are much stronger people now than then. One of them alone is stronger than us divided so a regular encounter wouldn't work.
    Jaina has a fraction of Lei shens power, Wrathion got most of it and she had that staff for years and it didn't help her from nearly dying during a scuffle during Garrosh's trial. You should stop putting her on such a pedestal there a are plenty of powerful people out there, Jaina is among them but she isn't nearly as powerful as to easily waltz over such an encounter.

And I admit people arguing for that amuse me to no end.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as they said Bolarus will get some permanent damage too, I think we'll fight her at Zul'dazar port, then at 50% she'll start to flee back to Boralus, we'll use the Banshee's Mourne to follow her while we battle at the sea to take over her father's ship, when we get to Boralus, she'll teleport to the city walls, we'll try to break through but her mother will do the ultimate sacrifice to stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    About how they defend the city. You see there leaders fight. And their hero's to. You get to see more of the piramed...( read /listen to what Ion said). After the fight there will be most likely story quests etc.

Will not expect Genn, Anduin etc there. Because if the alliance hero's are there they would curb stomp the horde hero's.
    Maybe, maybe not. The Alliance heroes wouldn't be fighting the Horde heroes though. They'd be fighting the almighty player character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about who is leader of what. I'm talking about their importance, how much they've been built up vs some disposable characters that were added into the game a month ago.
    I agree with that.

I'm just saying this is part of the process. As speculative as it is:
    The objective for the alliance is kill rastakhan
    The objective for the horde would be to save him

If the alliance ends up killing him and then gets pushed back. Then that's objective accomplished.

If jaina dies (though it seems unlikely) that's just war and the setup.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Jaina has a fraction of Lei shens power, Wrathion got most of it and she had that staff for years and it didn't help her from nearly dying during a scuffle during Garrosh's trial. You should stop putting her on such a pedestal there a are plenty of powerful people out there, Jaina is among them but she isn't nearly as powerful as to easily waltz over such an encounter.

And I admit people arguing for that amuse me to no end.
    You really think some 20 allies could kill Sylvanas without problem?