Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Idea - use Zuldazar raid as opportunity to encourage people into Normal mode

We know that Zuldazar will be de facto 9 boss raid, but we will be able to experience remaining 3 bosses after we complete whole instance. But of course it won't be part of story, it will be some kind of flashback to us. And purpose of LFR experience is to show non-raiders story presented in raid (since it's probably one of the worst place to gear yourself, but often major events of expansion happen in raid).

What if LFR will have 6 bosses and only Normal+ will have access to other faction bosses? It wouldn't block any story content for people raiding LFR - they can make/use character on opposite side to experience remaining bosses. And it would be great incentive for some players to step up and try Normal, which is far superior raiding experience in my opinion.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-09-18 at 10:05 PM.

sure why not.

- - - Updated - - -

normal mode bosses are no harder than a heroic dungeon boss anyway,

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those who want to raid normal will do so, those who don't or can't won't. No amount of trying to force them is going to work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We know that Zuldazar will be de facto 6 boss raid
    9 bosses...

It wouldn't work. It doesn't work with dungeons that are mythic only, and the bar for entry for that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower than a normal dungeon.

It's never worked. Even when it was the only option, and they threw incentive after incentive after incentive at people. Titles, mounts, the only way to get any good gear at all, being able to see the content, AT ALL, it's never worked, and it never will.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    9 bosses...
    Read more carefuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    It wouldn't work. It doesn't work with dungeons that are mythic only, and the bar for entry for that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower than a normal dungeon.

It's never worked. Even when it was the only option, and they threw incentive after incentive after incentive at people. Titles, mounts, the only way to get any good gear at all, being able to see the content, AT ALL, it's never worked, and it never will.
    You have some data to back it up? I know people that never raided (only LFR), but they had to do EN Normal (for artifact quests) and ended up loving raiding.

Blizzard repeated "Mythic only" dungeons at launch in BfA. If they do something twice in a row (and they have more data than you) something is on.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-09-18 at 09:56 PM.

I feel with lfr being delayed so much and so many loot sources at lfr level people are already promoted a decent amount to do other things. Though the idea doesn't hinder much and could be fine, either way the bosses are delayed for lfr. If u never put those bosses in the point would really be to lower the amount of people who do lfr and try to kill it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post

Well it's worked for me. I've done the dungeons once on mythic, just to see them. But I'm not gonna do more than that because the time investment is too high.

Why do you want people that don't want to do normal in normal?

Deleted
    Read more carefuly.
    I did. You said it de facto has 6 bosses, which isn't true.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I did. You said it de facto has 6 bosses, which isn't true.
    Now read whole post. 6 from story perspective. 3 are non-canon bonus after you complete whole raid.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Why do you want people that don't want to do normal in normal?
    What about people that never tried Normal and think it's same shitshow as LFR?

We know that Zuldazar will be de facto 6 boss raid, but we will be able to experience remaining bosses after we complete whole instance. But of course it won't be part of story, it will be some kind of flashback to us. And purpose of LFR experience is to show non-raiders story presented in raid (since it's probably one of the worst place to gear yourself, but often major events of expansion happen in raid).

What if LFR will have 6 bosses and only Normal+ will have access to other faction bosses? It wouldn't block any story content for people raiding LFR - they can make/use character on opposite side to experience remaining bosses. And it would be great incentive for some players to step up and try Normal, which is far superior raiding experience in my opinion.

What do you think?
    lfr primary advantage is that you don't need a guild to raid, if blizzard put a queue on normal/heroic more peoples will do it even if they put harsh requirement to use it; removing even more stuff from lfr like they tried in wod with sets only lead to people quitting.

I know that many peoples are butthurt about lfr drying their guild recruit pool but that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Now read whole post. 6 from story perspective. 3 are non-canon bonus after you complete whole raid.
    You didn't say anything about 3.

- - - Updated - - -

What about people that never tried Normal and think it's same shitshow as LFR?
    People who have only done LFR are responsible for LFR being a shitshow.

Read more carefuly.

You have some data to back it up? I know people that never raided (only LFR), but they had to do EN Normal (for artifact quests) and ended up loving raiding.

Blizzard repeated "Mythic only" dungeons at launch in BfA. If they do something twice in a row (and they have more data than you) something is on.
    I don't, but you can get a general idea if you look at various things posted here on MMO-C, search for news topics with "Armory stats" and look for things about raiding or dungeons. Likewise, look at any site that tracks the progress of players.

For an extra lark, look for things about the amount of people that actually do LFR. You'd think it'd be pretty close to 100%, and it isn't.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You didn't say anything about 3.

People who have only done LFR are responsible for LFR being a shitshow.
    Yeah, I saw how it would be confusing to people, I edited it already.

And LFR is a shitshow because no one want to learn, most just want to kill boss first try without even knowing how it works. So either Blizz must to strip boss from any mechanic/nerf them to the ground or we have wipefest when 50% of people leave after every wipe. It's same for many Normal pugs.

But Normal boss in casual organised group is completely different game. I would love if Blizzard would make something like OpenRaid to encourage people even more.

Stop trying to make these ideas happen, they'not going to happen when your conception of "encouraging people to do normal" is just to not put stuff in LFR. People who only run LFR do it for good reasons, they want nothing out of the raiding experience we guilded folks consider superior and just won't do the things and shun that part of the raid with close to none of them trying Normal, which is either guild city or a pug shitshow that is at times even more toxic than LFR.

Not to mention "just do it on an alt" is a stupid argument to begin with. Not everyone has a 120 alt of the other faction. Also it's there to allow non-raiders to see the content and story, putting away said content and story runs contrary to a guiding principle of LFR.

We know that Zuldazar will be de facto 9 boss raid, but we will be able to experience remaining 3 bosses after we complete whole instance. But of course it won't be part of story, it will be some kind of flashback to us. And purpose of LFR experience is to show non-raiders story presented in raid (since it's probably one of the worst place to gear yourself, but often major events of expansion happen in raid).

What do you think?
    Id like that, any limitation that can be made to LFR would be good for the game.
    We humans have to stick together

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Id like that, any limitation that can be made to LFR would be good for the game.
    It's almost no limitation. I figured that LFR is about story - and access to opposite faction bosses is for gameplay, not story reason. If someone cares to see how Alliance will attack Zuldazar, they'll probably care enough to make Alliance 120 and see all events leading to this attack. And same for Horde.

It's almost no limitation. I figured that LFR is about story - and access to opposite faction bosses is for gameplay, not story reason. If someone cares to see how Alliance will attack Zuldazar, they'll probably care enough to make Alliance 120 and see all events leading to this attack. And same for Horde.
    Well, people defending LFR claims its about a story but lets be real that is a lie. People do it for free loot with zero effort. I'd rather see them move LFR a whole patch so it didnt mess with the gearing system at all.
    We humans have to stick together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Those who want to raid normal will do so, those who don't or can't won't. No amount of trying to force them is going to work.
    true story .