Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    new warfront, new islands, TWO new raids as opposed to the traditional one (legion style with mini raid), war campaign continuation, more world quests, more story, and some well needed system improvements (thank fuck for account wide rep and more)

for a first major patch this is pretty darn ass fine.

oh, and the races ARE in.
    But that new raid would be the equivalent to Nighthold / Blackrock foundry, which were baseline - wouldn't it?
    I mean, we DID get just the one raid during launch, just like Emerald Nightmare and Highmaul.

I believe it's pretty much in line with what they've been doing, excep they've spread out the effort in expansion features and not a new dungeon like they did with Legion's Karazhan.

OT:

I'm hyped over Blood Elf heritage armor. I'm sure as hell gonna use it on some alt, tbh.
    And the whole thing is pretty exciting.
    ... but why the short addressing of the class fuckups? come on, now...

Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    Sounds like Blizzard is desperate atm. Probably losing a lot of subs now after the first month of BFA paid beta. Nothing there that will convince me staying tho.
    I don't know about desperate, but this all just sounds like they announced it earlier than they planned to. Everything announced was worked on for a significant amount of time (raids and content), the rest is just stuff that was coming anyway, they may move it up a couple of weeks. But that's what this was, a Twitch release announcement, not a "what we're changing that we did wrong or not hard enough the first time". If this is patch 8.1, then it would have appeared on the PTR within the next couple of weeks anyway - nothing in here is a substantial change or redirection of what they already released.

You know how they take a kid's picture by holding up a squeaky toy to distract them? That's what this was. "Look, new shiny, that you'll get in two months - just ignore the lackluster and barren expansion we sold you for $60 that you have to hold your nose to endure until then!" To me, it sounds like 8.1 or whatever this is numbered is the real release of BfA.

The only thing even slightly interesting is the absence of Lore, not having him there to tell us what Ion really meant to say. (Which can be good or bad, depending on your perspective.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Did you even listen to what Ion said, or what is written. They do not retreat...they get pushed back by the horde. Horde faces Jaina!?!
    And there king like Jaina has already been setup to die. Hell he almost bought the dust in the storyline.
    And yes they might have some grief...what do you think will happen to the alliance?

Jaina will not away..She is the final boss. So either she or her mother die's. Or do raid bosses leave now :P
    Why are people so dismissive of the possibility that raid bosses can evolve and change over time? Just because someone is a raid boss does not, in fact, require them to die. It just means we're going to fight them. Surrendering, escaping, intervention from other characters, etc. All viable methods of ending a raid fight without killing the boss.

Jaina is not going to die. Maybe at the end of the expansion, but not this early. Ergo, Jaina is going to get away.

Also, Magni/Saurfang left in the ICC fight. So, yes. Raid bosses can leave without dying. ^_^
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2018-09-18 at 09:36 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

"Reputation restricted transmog items will have restrictions removed."

Thank.The.Actual.Fuckery!

As for the rest, pleasantly surprised. Seems they'll be keeping up with the Legion philosophy on patch content, but hopefully they'll also feel the heat from the criticism given.

"new traits with more complexity coming."

*to be nerfed, maybe... we'll see and wait til you get comfy and then do it... maybe. Keep all the armor that drops... maybe.

I suppose until then alts will just waddle around with low ilvl necklaces.

So, still no new Worgen or Goblin models? As promised?

Are we going to get them in 8.2? 8.3? 9.0? Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    LMAO...sounding all edgy like you actually unsubbed...people like you never unsub...then you'd have nothing to bitch about...

I wish folks like you would leave but you never do
    Actually, I haven't played for 4 years. Bought the expansion and have seen enough to not bother with further sub. Thankfully - there are a lot of players out there that know when it's time to vote with their wallet. Some ppl obviously can't - But that's not my problem

It's pretty much what was expected. New raid, invasions in BFA, warfront, tweaks to everything.

New raid sounds kind of interesting. Change of pace for once at least.

Heritage armor seems not ready to be released. Not sure why they are doing it if they only have 2 ready to go.

I'd still like to see more done with warfronts to be more than participation events. New BG mode or something... Seems like a missed opportunity how they currently are.

Deleted
    "This is two separate six boss experiences.
    After completing the faction specific experience, you'll be able to experience the other 3 faction bosses that you didn't get to experience firsthand.
    There are a total of nine new boss encounters."

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE WORDING????
    2 separate 6 boss experiences. So 6 different bosses for each faction?

So the next world first race has 3 different bosses per faction.

I see no drama here.

blizz stop fucking with systems that work, right now raiding is the only thing most people log on for.

Really hope they do something with Warfronts so its not just a loot festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Yeah where is my Siege of Stormwind? I gues goodie alys boyz need do some goodie deeds.
    Horde players complain every single time something doesn't wildly favor them, you don't get to sack and burn our cities and kill our heroes too. Horde gets all of the good racial abilities, cooler looking armor, cooler looking mounts, more thought out and crafted storyline. Just completely obvious Blizzard bias towards the Horde that only the most blind can't actually see. Hell the best raiding guild in the world admitted the only reason they predominately play Horde is the racials. Yet anyone wearing red on the Horde side chalk it up to "skill", lol. Alliance get to kill all of your Warchiefs and sack all of your cities. It is called balance. Perhaps the Horde shouldn't cry liquid edge over a trinket out of stun so hard next time, everyone is beyond feeling sorry for them and watching Blizz cave at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post

I see no drama here.

blizz stop fucking with systems that work, right now raiding is the only thing most people log on for.

Where do you read 3?
    Where do people read 3?
    Ion clearly says 6. The article says:
    After completing the faction specific experience, you'll be able to experience the other 3 faction bosses that you didn't get to experience firsthand.

Just go to the VOD and check @ 00:25:25 to HEAR him say it.

Feels like they are pushing this faction war way to hard, don't know many that actually want a faction war right now. New raid idea sounds interesting but not something i'm hyped about. Fingers crossed for CoA rep rewards being acc bound (little to late imo)

too little.. too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Feels like they are pushing this faction war way to hard, don't know many that actually want a faction war right now. New raid idea sounds interesting but not something i'm hyped about. Fingers crossed for CoA rep rewards being acc bound (little to late imo)
    It's entirely what the /focus/ of this expansion is about though. Maybe not the end goal (old gods), but we knew it was going to be Horde vs Alliance throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by dayne87 View Post
    I agree it's too early to tell. But in defense of that person you quoted (who put it quite rudely), if the bosses do not have mirrored mechanics (even if different terminology for the abilities) then the raiding community will have to A. Consider only the non-faction specific bosses as part of the World First race or B. Have an Alliance World First and Horde World First race. Not that that would be a big problem, it would just be a change, that's all.
    "An they wiped 15 times to guards outside da room, mon. It was funny mon."

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE WORDING????
    2 separate 6 boss experiences. So 6 different bosses for each faction?
    Could be 3 Horde-specific bosses, 3 Alliance-specific bosses, and 3 that are mechanically identical but reskinned.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post

I see no drama here.

Suggesting that "most people" do raid.

Newsflash: Never been true, never will be. "Most people" login if they feel a reason to, saying that reason would be raiding when only a small fraction of the playerbase raid in an organized manner, is dishonest.