Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Speculation - New Paragon Cache Rewards

So since Ion said that reputation paragon caches will be back for BfA at a later date, what are your thoughts about what the rewards might be, or what you hope they are?

I haven't played through the Alliance side yet, so I don't know enough about their factions to comment, but I assume one of them will be the Bee mount.

For Horde, my guesses are:

Zandalari Empire - probably a disappointing recolor of a pre-existing dinosaur mount
    Talanji's Expedition - the Krag'wa toad mount
    Vol'dunai - fingers crossed for an Alpaca mount
    Honorbound - some new Horde banner toy or something along those lines

Tortollan Seekers - maybe a baby turtle pet with a perma-divine shield protecting it
    Champions of Azeroth - an Azerite elemental mount that uses either the infernal mount skeleton or the Shaman class mount skeleton

What do you think?

Deleted
    Please, no fucking mounts from paragon boxes.

Have it reward AP for the suckers who want to grind WQs 24/7, I've had my share after a year of Broken Isles/Argus grinding to make sure I got every mount before BfA came out.

Paragon boxes should not have any collectibles in BFA if they paid an ounce of attention to the feedback about them from Legion. Their only reward should be a small boost in things like Azerite, war resources, profession mats, and gold.

Kill it with fire!

Deleted
    I agree with above: kill it with fire.

But Ion did they paragon rep is coming back, so I'm sure there will be some vanity rewards. Yay for another long annoying RNG collectables grind! F*** Ion!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    Paragon boxes should not have any collectibles in BFA if they paid an ounce of attention to the feedback about them from Legion. Their only reward should be a small boost in things like Azerite, war resources, profession mats, and gold.
    I'd be pretty happy to see mounts back, I'd just want some stronger luck protection. I was spamming paragon boxes on multiple characters, had around 7-8 alts that were all exalted and either earning caches themselves or mailing rep tokens to my main, still got no Nightfallen carpet despite having every other mount in duplicates of 5+, which seems like some grade A bullshit.

I think having a mount is pretty fine for paragon boxes though considering how lackluster reps are these days, they're trivial to grind out but Blizzard are terrified of putting anything meaningful on them, whether it be legitimately useful gear or fun cosmetics, Exalted is almost always a massive disappointment in comparison to prior expansions and only gets worse with each year.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the rewards that will be found in the paragon caches will not be able to be found anywhere else in the world (like some kind of currency reward), then I will not bother completing them even once.

It's as if people just want to be handed collectible items or something. The game has plenty of things that can be specifically targeted/grinded for, and additionally plenty of things that are luck-based. Both of these usually also require some dedication or perseverance, and while RNG can be frustrating at times, some grinds can be frustrating as well even when you know exactly where the goalposts are, such as the Argent Tournament, Ravenholdt's junkbox collecting (and turning them in), and Talon's Vengeance rep as well.

To get back on-topic, I'd expect most if not all mounts from paragon rewards (if any) to be recolors, with maybe one being something more distinct/unique. That was the case in Legion, with the storm drake from Valarjar being the one 'exception' I'm thinking of (even though that was essentially just a recolored drake as well). Horses for the Alliance, dinosaurs for the Horde, and a probably aquatic/sea turtle mount from Tortollans. I can't really think of one that I'd personally be satisfied with for Champions, though. Maybe a ram made of diamond, like Magni? Blizzard could even write in its description that it's Magni's actual mount, with some handwaving explaining how it somehow turned to diamond like its master.

Pets and toys are definitely possible as well and would probably be the reward from several of the factions. Most things that are suitable as mounts could also be downscaled to pet-size, with a few more possibilities as well. A wicker construct for instance from Order of Embers; perhaps a siren from Proudmoore Admiralty? Toys could be just about anything, and I can't really think of anything myself as to what those might do.

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    It's as if people just want to be handed collectible items or something. The game has plenty of things that can be specifically targeted/grinded for, and additionally plenty of things that are luck-based. Both of these usually also require some dedication or perseverance, and while RNG can be frustrating at times, some grinds can be frustrating as well even when you know exactly where the goalposts are, such as the Argent Tournament, Ravenholdt's junkbox collecting (and turning them in), and Talon's Vengeance rep as well.
    Acquiring a rare mount usually goes one of three ways:

1. Heavily RNG-based but not very time consuming (like farming an old raid mount)
    2. Very time consuming but less RNG-based (like farming Champion's Seals for an Argent Tournament mount)
    3. It requires a lot of skill (Gladiator mount or current mythic final boss mount)

Paragon mounts however are a combination of 1. and 2. They are heavily RNG-based and very time consuming. That's why the majority of the community hated them. Opening your 50th cache (after literally grinding 500k reputation) and getting fuck all just feels really bad. Imho this is a terrible approach of trying to make world quests stay relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    3x Battle-Scarred Augment Rune
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nothing cosmetic, for the love of god.

Just shove 2500 Azerite as the Paragon reward. Boom, it’s a huge chunk so people will bother with them.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    Why'd we care about getting them if they contain meaningless scrap?

Gold, resources, AP and BoA rep tokens if they ever add those in. Nothing else; no mounts, toys, pets, transmog.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

I would guess horses for the alliance but it will probably be the mounts that we should have got from the exalted rep instead that we didnt.

People will lose their shit if 1) it's mounts and 2) the Alliance gets more horses.

I mean the current shitstorm about cosmetics (which I'm admittedly part of) will look like a gentle breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    So since Ion said that reputation paragon caches will be back for BfA at a later date, what are your thoughts about what the rewards might be, or what you hope they are?

I haven't played through the Alliance side yet, so I don't know enough about their factions to comment, but I assume one of them will be the Bee mount.

Zandalari Empire - probably a disappointing recolor of a pre-existing dinosaur mount

Tortollan Seekers - maybe a baby turtle pet with a perma-divine shield protecting it
    Champions of Azeroth - an Azerite elemental mount that uses either the infernal mount skeleton or the Shaman class mount skeleton

What do you think?
    RNG allied races unlock. This is how you will get the new trolls/humans.

Also, tortoallan... a seagull mount.

cherry on top of all the bad designs already plaguing this xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Why'd we care about getting them if they contain meaningless scrap?
    If the purpose is just to make it feel like extra rep isn't wasted, they don't need more than general resource boosts. If the goal is to make the mass player base care about world questing with paragon chests, then it makes them look not very cognizant of the recent past. What kept world questing generally active across the mass of subscribers in Legion wasn't paragon chests, it was emissary chests being tied strongly into legendary drops. If Blizzard wants to get that level of long-term world questing participation, trying to have paragon chests do the work that legendaries did last expansion is foolish.

And, of course, among the people who did care about paragon chest collectibles, the feedback was mostly negative. It was a strenuous combination of both long-term grinding and RNG, and regardless of whatever people say before the fact, when a system like that is active, and people are opening up their 20th, 30th, 40th chest (200k, 300k, 400k rep) and getting nothing, it's a pretty miserable feeling. Whatever mounts or recolors Blizzard designs, there are plenty of better ways to implement their availability.

Obviously the situation is different if Blizzard implements some serious bad luck protection for every collectible with such a system. But Blizzard's not had a great track record with implementing solid bad luck protection, so most would prefer they just don't attach collectibles to paragon boxes at all. Just make them a minor bonus for "excess rep," (and excess rep is not something I'd even label a problem - people have been in the past, and are generally now, happy to be done with reps when they hit exalted). If they want to keep people doing their daily emissaries, they need to be creative with more practical benefits, because it was legendaries that kept most players out in the world doing emissaries in Legion.

I don't want them to contain mounts, ESPECIALLY not the Bee mount.

Resources, crafting materials, gear, reputation tokens that are BOA...

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post

What do you think?
    They already stated that the new paragon rewards wouldn't have mounts, pets, or toys tied to them. If they go back on that it'll be a disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.