Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just for clarity, this is what they actually said at BlizzCon that I believe the OP is referring too

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Now following [Uldir], and I'm going to say even less about this raid, it might have occurred to you when Alex was up here earlier talking about the dark threats from the sea plaguing Kul Tiras,... we know a couple dark threats from the sea.... some we have heard a lot from in Legion... you know, some Tidestone related stuff. And before all is said and done in Battle for Azeroth, we'll be facing off against Queen Azshara. Lots more story to tell on that front.
    I can see how people might think this means she is the boss of 8.1, however it also could have just been referring to the Crucible of the Storm. All it really confirms is that we would be facing her before the expansion is finished. Which could even mean she is intended to be the final boss

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Re-using Zuldazar is much easier to push out. Tonnes of re-used assets.

You have to realize this expansion was rushed out the door. They can barely fix the problems plaguing literally every system in the game and also deliver more content on time.
    I see you still like to talk shit about things you don't really understand. In case you didn't listen, Ion mentioned we will be exploring inside of the pyramid, and if I'm right, these are the concepts for that place Blizzard has released last week on ArtStation.

artist Jimmy Lo, original page with description here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RbBGO

This stuff you don't build on a whim to soothe enraged players, this stuff was planned all along.

In case anyone interested, last week Blizzard and ArtStation did that thing called 'Art Blast' that lasted five days and each day they were revealing art work from various departments, concept art, level design, props, etc. Here is the first page link and the rest can be found inside

https://magazine.artstation.com/2018...vironment-art/

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    At Blizzcon 2017, we were told that the next raid after Uldir would be the Azshara raid. That it would be the Nighthold of BFA. However after watching the announcement today, this is not the case.

What was the reason behind this miscommunication and misinformation? Is the Azshara raid still going ahead or has it been cut?
    Pretty sure they said we would deal with Azshara before BfA is finished. It could be the last raid of the expansion and this would still hold true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It was pretty heavily implied the 2 boss raid after Zandalar was a setup for Azshara
    It was assumed by players. It was implied Azshara would be in a raid after Uldir.
    Last edited by SirBeef; 2018-09-19 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Just for clarity, this is what they actually said at BlizzCon that I believe the OP is referring too

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Now following [Uldir], and I'm going to say even less about this raid, it might have occurred to you when Alex was up here earlier talking about the dark threats from the sea plaguing Kul Tiras,... we know a couple dark threats from the sea.... some we have heard a lot from in Legion... you know, some Tidestone related stuff. And before all is said and done in Battle for Azeroth, we'll be facing off against Queen Azshara. Lots more story to tell on that front.
    I can see how people might think this means she is the boss of 8.1, however it also could have just been referring to the Crucible of the Storm. All it really confirms is that we would be facing her before the expansion is finished. Which could even mean she is intended to be the final boss
    If anything, this is just another example of poor communication. It really seems like Azshara is coming sooner rather than later. Which would then disappoint people every time she's not announced because people have set up this expectation in their heads.

It's basically just Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot.

7+ Year Old Account
    At Blizzcon 2017, we were told that the next raid after Uldir would be the Azshara raid. That it would be the Nighthold of BFA. However after watching the announcement today, this is not the case.

What was the reason behind this miscommunication and misinformation? Is the Azshara raid still going ahead or has it been cut?
    They never said next raid after uldir, they said she would act like the guldan of the expansion, being in a raid in the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

People have made purchasing decisions based on the representations made at these venues, and if they do not follow through on these representations, that is misleading and deceptive.
    except you have taken what they said and fabricated it into your own thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    If anything, this is just another example of poor communication. It really seems like Azshara is coming sooner rather than later. Which would then disappoint people every time she's not announced because people have set up this expectation in their heads.

It's basically just Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot.
    Yeah sure. Even though your head cannon really had very little to go on to begin with...

7+ Year Old Account
    That is what I suspect too. They simply did not have enough time to create a brand new raid so they whipped up something using existing environments. But the lack of mention about Azshara is very concerning.
    except you know, the new raid with 2bosses, but ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yeah sure. Even though your head cannon really had very little to go on to begin with...
    I don't understand what the point of your response here is when you just said this:
    I can see how people might think this means she is the boss of 8.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Nighthold was suppose to be the 2nd raid of Legion. Then we got Trial of Valor. Are you really gonna complain about MORE content?
    Pretty much this. Nighthold was the end of T1 and as far as we know from Ion's Statement at Blizzcon way back when, Azshara's Raid will be the culmination of said T1. Based on that, we're looking at the Trial of Valor equivalent of BFA, a quick raid, using mostly known assets, with a couple of extras, as well as a nice, staggered 2-Boss Raid. 9 extra bosses in total, inbetween Uldir and Azshara, compared to.. 3 inbetween EN and NH. And I'm pretty sure the 2-boss raid underneath stormsong is just using assets they're going to be using for Azshara's raid anyway.

So yeah. Unless we hear otherwise, the Azshara raid is not scrapped and this is extra. Looking at the direct comparisons between EN-NH's inbetween Content and this one, they doubled down on Legion's strengths.

I don't understand what the point of your response here is when you just said this:
    I said I see how people can think that because its open ended and overly vague, not because it creates an expectation of who the 8.1 raid boss will be.

An Azshara raid in 8.1 would be way too quick. They need these naga incursions and mini-raid to build her up a bit before we get a Nazjatar zone and raid. If we fought her this tier and that was that, it would be wasting the character.

I said I see how people can think that because its open ended and overly vague, not because it creates an expectation of who the 8.1 raid boss will be.
    All I'm saying is that Blizzard did this better with Legion. They specifically stated that Argus was 7.3 all the way back at Blizzcon 2016 and that kept player expectations in check.

Vague statements invite problems. Unnecessary ones.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    We were never told that the next raid after Uldir would be the Azshara raid. If you go to find a source for that statement you won't come up with anything.

She will either be in the middle of the expansion for 8.2 (Gul'dans role in Legion) or the end of the expansion for 8.3 (Gul'dans role in WoD).
    Guldan was the end boss of Nighthold, which was released during 7.1.5, Tomb of Sargeras and KJ were 7.2. In this case, Azshara would be the Kil'Jeadan of BFA.

All I'm saying is that Blizzard did this better with Legion. They specifically stated that Argus was 7.3 all the way back at Blizzcon 2016 and that kept player expectations in check.

Vague statements invite problems. Unnecessary ones.
    I don't necessarily disagree. I think Blizzard definitely needs to keep a balance knowing how much the playerbase loves to speculate.

However I think it was probably better to not announce 8.1 until the players saw the live game and when through the war campaign. I think the reaction to the raid would have been very negative without context in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is end game content man.

As soon as she shows up Faction War is effectively over and we need to band together again.
    You wont get a shot at Azshara for a while.

However I think it was probably better to not announce 8.1 until the players saw the live game and when through the war campaign. I think the reaction to the raid would have been very negative without context in this case.
    That's true. Azshara is just such a big figure in the lore. That's why people are foaming at the mouth just thinking about it. They want to fight her now. They want Nazjatar now.

So naturally, when some vague information that might lead to it coming sooner than later comes up, it can be hard to keep expectations in check. That was probably why they were so specific with the Legion details.

If it happens in the last raid of the expansion, it's still technically after Uldir. So unless they specifically said directly after uldir you've got nothing. Which is how your threads usually go anyway.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Pretty sure they said we would deal with Azshara before BfA is finished. It could be the last raid of the expansion and this would still hold true.
    Last raid of the expansion? We will deal with Azshara than build up to a fight with N'zoth is what im assuming.

It didn't take long for whining to start
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    They never specified if the meant the 2nd raid or the 2nd tier. Now we know it's the 2nd or 3RD TIER.
    Yep, all they said was that she would be a raid boss. People unfortunately like to jump to conclusions