Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

PLEASE THIS. PLEASE THIS. I WILL SCREAM. PLEASE.

I've been waiting and asking for a Blood Elf racial set since The Burning Crusade. Please. Make it happen.

5+ Year Old Account
    i can see a two up to 3 color variants, just like the maghar has 3 variants.
    Red gold
    Red Black
    Red Green

And well.... a big theme for the Belves its the use of Robes/monastic scapula/battleapron on their styles over their plate, just like the old remembered Spell Breakres of WC3 or the normal Silvermoon Guards so i can see something like Liandry with more cloth arround. THe nightborne heritage its like a good example, my warrior looks awesome even tho its half feathers and cloth half plate.

So... damn it blizzard i was about to race change to Zandalari Paladin dont make me change my mind

That Spellbreaker armor is the best choice, because that says "BloodElf" the other armors, especially BloodKnight look amazing, but doesn't define the entire race(god I really would like Blood Elf Warfront, just to have 4 themed blood elf sets with that blood knight picture being the plate)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    i can see a two up to 3 color variants, just like the maghar has 3 variants.
    Red gold
    Red Black
    Red Green

And well.... a big theme for the Belves its the use of Robes/monastic scapula/battleapron on their styles over their plate, just like the old remembered Spell Breakres of WC3 or the normal Silvermoon Guards so i can see something like Liandry with more cloth arround. THe nightborne heritage its like a good example, my warrior looks awesome even tho its half feathers and cloth half plate.

So... damn it blizzard i was about to race change to Zandalari Paladin dont make me change my mind
    Wouldn't red + gold, black + red, and green + gold make more sense?

Give me some badass Spellbreaker armor. This is the first time I'm excited about heritage armor. I hope it looks cool.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Wouldn't red + gold, black + red, and green + gold make more sense?
    well Blood knights are know by Black and Red only, Scryers are black and gold but red + green and gold are the Blood Mages colours so maybe 3 colors for the third variant

I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to look very similar in design to Sunwell gear, because back when Sunwell was released, someone from Blizzard's art team made a blue post that said that Sunwell raid gear was the "natural evolution" of the Blood Elf aesthetic.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

This might literally make me sub again. Fuck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._hd_stormwind/

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Blood Elf was obviously selected because they are the most played Horde race. They didn't pick Humans first for the same reason because Warcraft started as Orcs vs Humans ... if they gave one their heritage armor before the other, that just won't happen because it would annoy a good portion of the fanbase.

And obviously you can't pick Pandaren because well that's both factions.

So, you are left with Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf and Worgen as choices for the first Alliance version. Now, why Dwarves? No ideal. You could have gone Night Elves ... but then people would complain Elf love. So maybe scratch that.

Worgen have become closer tied to Forsaken, so those coming out together makes sense.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Realistically this probably came about from an artist drawing up some concept art for dwarven armour and pitching it to the team, rather than an active decision to pursue these particular races first. I doubt there's any rhyme or reason beyond that.

OT pretty excited to see what they have planned for the BE heritage set. Quite a few design directions they could take. I'm half expecting a trio of verdant spheres as the BE answer to VE wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    My guess

[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/B8XtohlqEeM/maxresdefault.jpg[IMG]
    This is my dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    That seems likely to be a transmog set at some point, but I doubt it will be heirloom armor, they probably want something less skimpy for that.
    First tier of warfront maybe, and each step up gets more armoured
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    That seems likely to be a transmog set at some point, but I doubt it will be heirloom armor, they probably want something less skimpy for that.
    Give iconic Night Elven armor to everyone? They took the time to make a male version of this...so I'd say odds are it will be the Night Elf armor.

Besides...it's not like Velf, NB, and HM are coveralls.

I'm hoping for a phoenix themed set. And while I think it's unlikely, maybe something similar to Kael's cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be something that looks like the Spellbreaker. It's the most iconic look for blood elves, and satisfies both melee and caster looks. Ideally there should be several sets for different themes, one for casters, one for hunters and rogues, and one for blood knights, but we all know how Blizzard rolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Blood Elf was obviously selected because they are the most played Horde race. They didn't pick Humans first for the same reason because Warcraft started as Orcs vs Humans ... if they gave one their heritage armor before the other, that just won't happen because it would annoy a good portion of the fanbase.

And obviously you can't pick Pandaren because well that's both factions.

So, you are left with Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf and Worgen as choices for the first Alliance version. Now, why Dwarves? No ideal. You could have gone Night Elves ... but then people would complain Elf love. So maybe scratch that.

Worgen have become closer tied to Forsaken, so those coming out together makes sense.
    Humans probably weren't picked first because there are many armors that fit the human theme, same with orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yet, it is blood elves who get a heritage armor, make much sense amright
    The blood elf heritage set has literally nothing to do with the forsaken warfront. It makes plenty of sense to have literally any race because they are not linked in any way. It is blood elf story related, just like the dwarf set will be dwarven story related. Meanwhile the warfront will give three different versions of four different forsaken themed sets. I dunno about you but I'd way rather get the warfront gear treatment than the heritage armour treatment. You don't end up stuck with an obvious cloth set as a platewearer, and vice versa. The forsaken are the ones getting the love when it comes to their racial themed gear set this patch.

I wouldn't be surprised if every race who gets a heritage set are the ones who don't end up being part of a warfront. If there is a Barrens warfront or Azshara one, you can bet goblins and tauren will get the fancier warfront gear while perhaps trolls will get a heritage set (not that trolls didn't get a TON of love when it comes to themed sets this expac, but those are specifically Zandalari so they would still have a unique style).
    Last edited by Izalla; 2018-09-19 at 02:47 AM.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I think we have enough plate-like heritage armor. Cloth would suit blood elves the best, being as they are mostly about magic. Priests, mages, warlocks and the like.
    The thing is that the Spellbreaker is arguably the most iconic Blood Elf look outside of maybe Valeria, so I'm definitely leaning towards Spellbreakers (which is also the one I want the most).

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    This is my dream.
    Hey, we got our NE vanilla cinematic armor. At this point, anything is possible.

Except cute heels, because apparently that's too much to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Hey, we got our NE vanilla cinematic armor. At this point, anything is possible.

Except cute heels, because apparently that's too much to ask.
    I've wanted it ever since I saw that cinematic... same with the nelf armour. I'm sure that can be said of literally everyone who wants those armour sets though haha
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    If its not this my disappointment will be immense. I dont want to hear things about skimpy when we have Nightborne heri armor.

Yeah, I want something like that too

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    So much yes..