Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best gold makers?

So which professions would you guys/gals say are the best gold makers this exp pac?

Depends what you wanna do or how you wanna farm.

Unless you play the AH or sell various boosts, or even buy gold from the shop.

You have to farm something.

I'd say Herbalism and enchanting, although the latter will lose value over time.
    Herbalism is insane. Just during leveling you're easily farming 25-30k gold in herbs.
    Enchanting just lets you turn each purple you don't need anymore into 2k gold (or your realm equivalent).
    Runner up is Mining.

Tailor can do something with bags at least. Alchi ist arguably not worth it, just sell the herbs or get a friend to craft you something.
    Engi sucks, JC sucks, blacksmith sucks, leatherworking sucks, skinning sucks.
    Dunno about Inscription.
    Last edited by GringoD; 2018-09-17 at 02:10 PM.

I'd too second Herbalism and Enchanting probably.
    The first few weeks of expansion Herbalism was very profitable because the prices for Herbs had not yet stabalized. They've all mostly stabalized now, the bots found their farming route, and herb prices have plummeted. Still, it's nice to have a gathering while you're leveling.
    Alchemy is not profitable at all anymore. Everyone was told "stock up herbs and wait until the raid release for flasks to skyrocket" so everyone switched to alchemy, and flasks/potions never rose in price.
    Inscription was your best bet when the expansion dropped. It had insane gold making the first few weeks of expansion with the darkmoon card trinkets, but that market has all but died now.

Professions in general aren't really gold makers anymore. None of the crafting professions are really profitable. Most of the time, you'd be better off just selling the mats to whatever you're going to make, rather than making the item.

Don't go Alch or Enchanting like I did. The items they make are selling for less than material cost. Well depending on your realm I guess. As it is, I'm gonna have to quit cause I have no gold income to pay for my sub.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Don't go Alch or Enchanting like I did. The items they make are selling for less than material cost. Well depending on your realm I guess. As it is, I'm gonna have to quit cause I have no gold income to pay for my sub.

Alch is not a loss, you just need to make a lot of them to play the proc rate of 40%. making just a handful can end up being a loss but in the long run its very profitable

Don't go Alch or Enchanting like I did. The items they make are selling for less than material cost.
    The thing is enchanting can be profitable as long as epic crystals are worth more than vendor price / scrapped mats from an epic. For that reason enchanting is great to have on any character oyu actively play. Emissary reward - de. Epic WQ titanforge - de. M0 items - same. Arathi rares loot. Conquest cap. LFR. Tons of places where you can find an epic.

Also btw - decided to lvl my fishing to 150, got 10k return in fish. Dunno if that's considered good or bad.

Selling overpriced warfront contribution items was also a good source of income recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Alch is not a loss, you just need to make a lot of them to play the proc rate of 40%. making just a handful can end up being a loss but in the long run its very profitable
    I've made hundreds at a time and always lost gold from not getting enough procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The thing is enchanting can be profitable as long as epic crystals are worth more than vendor price / scrapped mats from an epic. For that reason enchanting is great to have on any character oyu actively play. Emissary reward - de. Epic WQ titanforge - de. M0 items - same. Arathi rares loot. Conquest cap. LFR. Tons of places where you can find an epic.

Also btw - decided to lvl my fishing to 150, got 10k return in fish. Dunno if that's considered good or bad.

Selling overpriced warfront contribution items was also a good source of income recently.
    For piddly change for repairs yeah it's great. But for someone trying to pay their account, it's not good enough trying to DE the rng gear you get.

For piddly change for repairs yeah it's great. But for someone trying to pay their account, it's not good enough trying to DE the rng gear you get.
    If you want big gold, then you either sell boosts, flip stuff on AH, craft a lot of stuff across many characters and professions (not just BFA stuff, old expansion stuff like mounts, pets, transmogs), farm like a madman (boe farms, gathering) or know some secret I don't. I'm also pretty sure tons of people stockpiled huge hoard from mission tables in WOD & Legion, so the current slump doesn't affect them, while they enjoy tokens dropping 50% in price as easy gold got cut off.

Enchanting is just gold without effort. That's awesome. And on my server the crystals still sell for 2k.
    But if you want the big gold... *puts on top hat and monocle* ... just succeed at real life. It's easy, just stop being a pleb. A good job is the best gold making profession.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    just succeed at real life. It's easy, just stop being a pleb. A good job is the best gold making profession.
    That's good advice. Doesn't occur to you that someone might be living off of disability and can't work.

That's good advice. Doesn't occur to you that someone might be living off of disability and can't work.
    Was just going for some posh humor there.
    Dunno dude, we have a blind guy working reception and a sweet, wheelchair bound lady in accounting. So I don't know why that would occur to me.
    At least you're healthy enough to grind gold in a video game. Sounds like a part time office job, but I'm not judging.

I've made hundreds at a time and always lost gold from not getting enough procs.

How is that even possible with the proc rate being so high. Our anchor weeds hit 650-690 gold last night on A52 and i was still making them for a clean profit. Flask sell way better than anchor weed on my server.

what server are you on?

How is that even possible with the proc rate being so high. Our anchor weeds hit 650-690 gold last night on A52 and i was still making them for a clean profit. Flask sell way better than anchor weed on my server.

what server are you on?
    I'm on your server, and I've done nothing but lose gold with Alchemy.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2018-09-19 at 06:00 PM.

I'm on your server, and I've done nothing but lose gold with Alchemy.
    with the estimated 30-40% proc rate i don't see how. with current prices you should be making gold, not that much but its still a profit....unless you buying anchor weed during price spikes. That and making the right flask at the right times.

like any other profession it takes a little timing and a lot of shopping to make money.

with the estimated 30-40% proc rate i don't see how. with current prices you should be making gold, not that much but its still a profit....unless you buying anchor weed during price spikes. That and making the right flask at the right times.

like any other profession it takes a little timing and a lot of shopping to make money.
    I only bought anchor weed under 500g or around it. I made Agility and Intellect Flasks. They all completely sold out within a few hours on Tuesdays, and I always lost gold.

I only bought anchor weed under 500g or around it. I made Agility and Intellect Flasks. They all completely sold out within a few hours on Tuesdays, and I always lost gold.
    500x 5 = 2500
    29x 15 = 435
    19x 10 = 190

Total 3125

Flask = 2400

a 30% proc rate would break you even

100 flask = 130 flask = 312k sold 312k

40% proc rate would profit

40% = 140 = 312k v 336k

my long term tracker has me at 36% on the flask.

sell the flask at the right time they spike to 2500-2600-2700.

its not a huge money maker, but i can't see losing money especially if you are buying anchor at 500.

500x 5 = 2500
    29x 15 = 435
    19x 10 = 190

Total 3125

Flask = 2400

a 30% proc rate would break you even

100 flask = 130 flask = 312k sold 312k

40% proc rate would profit

40% = 140 = 312k v 336k

my long term tracker has me at 36% on the flask.

sell the flask at the right time they spike to 2500-2600-2700.

its not a huge money maker, but i can't see losing money especially if you are buying anchor at 500.
    Actually that doesn't break even. It's a 500 gold loss. Also the herbs to make them are more than what you just listed and flasks are around 2300 not 2400.. So you can't make profit without big procs. Which I never get. Just a bunch of 1s with a few 2s.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2018-09-19 at 09:07 PM.

the solution? farm your mats a little. cut the ah cost down a little....

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Enchanting is just gold without effort. That's awesome. And on my server the crystals still sell for 2k.
    But if you want the big gold... *puts on top hat and monocle* ... just succeed at real life. It's easy, just stop being a pleb. A good job is the best gold making profession.
    Or... be good at both. I love making gold and it doesn't cost me a lot of time. Besides tokens give really small amounts of gold, if you ask me. One mount to sell is 10 tokens.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow