Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Guy from WCG just said that Limit had a <1% wipe. If that's true... ouch.
    People have been lying all day, guy earlier saying they had 3 2% wipes in a row.

Deleted
    Never understood why Limit would extend when they still had some 16 hours to clear mythic once more and then bitch slap G'huun before the others even started their re-clears.

Way to greed at the finish line.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Never understood why Limit would extend when they still had some 16 hours to clear mythic once more and then bitch slap G'huun before the others even started their re-clears.

Seeing Method so “close” to finish I guess they kinda panicked, as it’s their first time being so close to a WF.
    Last edited by Quitz; 2018-09-19 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myuer View Post
    I don't think that Limit is still raiding.
    They are still 20 limit players in Uldir. They've been awake for nearly 18 hours. Their performance has to be declining from being awake that long. They are desperate at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of 4:30 EST Limit has 3 warriors, 5 warlocks, 1 shaman, 1 priest, 3 monks, 1 mage, 2 hunters, 3 druids and 1 DH in ULDIR right now.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    They are still 20 limit players in Uldir.
    And what time is it currently in various part of the USA? It must be deep in the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post

Probably desperation. Method's no joke, and they probably really thought that G'huun would fall before the EU reset, so they took a massive risk. Looks like it didn't pay off.

What a race this is turning out to be.

And what time is it currently in various part of the USA? It must be deep in the night.
    4:30am on the east coast and 1:30am on the west coast

Probably desperation. Method's no joke, and they probably really thought that G'huun would fall before the EU reset, so they took a massive risk. Looks like it didn't pay off.

What a race this is turning out to be.
    I don't think desperation, in order to extend probably they started to have very close wipe like Method did yesterday. So they were sure that the kill was going to happen with extending.

Ouch, 1% wipe.

But guys Limit don't raid insane hours like Method?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    5 locks, 3 warriors, and 3 druids looks like a survivability and execution phase move by LiMiT.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I mean, NA did clear those raids first. They had a six month head start, but they did it!
    Yeah. For sure. They killed it first.

But I don't think it should be used to compare EU to NA.

In my view, the vanilla world first don't count seeing as EU didn't even have the game yet.

Also Blood Legion's kill in Heart of Fear doesn't count because that was not the end boss. Method killed the last boss of tier 14 first so they won the race, not Blood Legion. Same as how tier 11 has Cho'gall, Nefarian and Alikir as end bosses but Sinestra was the real end boss, the one that won you the 'race to world first'. All Blood Legion did was get a world first kill on a boss halfway through the tier.

Deleted
    Guy from WCG just said that Limit had a <1% wipe. If that's true... ouch.
    This is great material for twitch. Thank you for sharing!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think desperation, in order to extend probably they started to have very close wipe like Method did yesterday. So they were sure that the kill was going to happen with extending.
    That's exactly why it's desperate though. If their best try was in the same ballpark as Method's (which you'd expect to be the case given that they extended), then knowing what Method's capable of, it's likely that they thought the time it would take to reclear would cost them the WF. Keep in mind that it took WCG a significant amount of time, and they completely stopped for the night after Mythrax.

I doubt they were sure they themselves were going to get it, but odds are they were sure that Method would get it before the reset.

Are Limit still in? At this stage they must be finishing up. If they don't get world first it's what ever they weren't expected two and you couldn't blame the raid lock out to much... but with a lot of other guilds just starting for the day and getting a full mythic clear there might be more then one kill by the time they come back online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They either kill it now or they risk waking up to find themselves memes. Honestly, they should win, they made the right calls with their preparation while Method botched it on Mythrax. It will be funny if streaming actually wins this for Method by having scared them to extend.
    Yeah, it would kinda dampen the whole thing if Method won now. Not enough to counter the massive credibility boost they'd get for winning in spite of streaming and having to contend with the kind of situation where choosing to extend or not could outright decide the race, but still, it's never fun to see the risk takers lose precisely because of that risk (and because the others learned not to take that risk explicitly from them). The frustration that comes with losing as a result of an all-or-nothing risk is hard to live down, especially when the world is watching both you and them.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2018-09-19 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quitz View Post
    Seeing Method so “close” to finish I guess they kinda panicked, as it’s their first time being so close to a WF.
    Limit was made from Ex Blood Legion members, for a large percentage of them the race for world first is nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Could even break the guild if the decision was not unanimous, and it would be a huge shame since Limit has been a consistent presence on WoW. And I think many would like for it to be something other than Method and Exorsus.
    That would be such a shame, yeah. Even if they lose, I hope they stick around and take it as a lesson for the future instead of crumbling over what they could've potentially gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by tablespecd View Post
    Limit was made from Ex Blood Legion members, for a large percentage of them the race for world first is nothing new.
    I mean they have been in the top 10 since they formed pretty much, best NA guild by a long shot ever since Midwinter quit hardcore raiding.