Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    Doesnt seem like it. If that is true and mage was dead for last 9% and they still got that low... seems like good judgement, but mistakes cost them.
    With another 1 or 2 average ilvls of gear they could have afforded those mistakes and still killed the boss. Bad judgement call in my book. How many world first kills are actually clean? You can expect people to die early which is what the gear makes up for.

Doesnt seem like it. If that is true and mage was dead for last 9% and they still got that low... seems like good judgement, but mistakes cost them.
    just because it was killable under perfect circumstances doesn't make it the better call

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    If 600k wipe is true it's right to say Limit actually won/were better. Would have died with reclear for sure.
    LOL

A no-kill is a no-kill, sorry for letting you know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Paragon got their 10M heroic LK due to extending the lockout.
    Nobody cared or even classes the 10man raids world first. Only 25man really counted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I have many opinions on this but for the sake of not bringing back the 10v25m argument I'll let you have that one.
    10M at the time was just a side thing you did in addition to the 25M raid and undeniably less difficult (dropped lower ilvl). LK10 HC was still pretty damn hard and it took guilds weeks to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Nobody cared or even classes the 10man raids world first. Only 25man really counted.
    yeah I know guilds werent ranked by it and just 25M counted. It still made the MMO C front page/they released a video that's why I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Limit can still technically win. Method won't be doing Mythic until their healer gets back from work at 7 PM CEST. That's 6 hours from now.
    Has that been confirmed? I thought they were just going to bring him back in when he got online. Sounds dumb waiting that long.

exactly

/10char

I'm sure Method would extend if Limit didn't and didn't kill g'huun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Hardly horrible. Just a gamble that didn't pay off. They had no way of knowing for sure whether Method would or wouldn't kill G'huun before the EU reset, so they had to make a tough decision. They made the wrong one, but they didn't explicitly know it was going to be the wrong one.
    Well opinions differ and i see where u are coming from but two 4% Pulls did not demand Limit to extend, imo. Sure if Method we're hitting low percentages consistently with the occasional 1-2% wipe -> different story. Limit also knew about the vantus nerf and trait nerfs before reset. So imho they made a really bad call in extending their lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Has that been confirmed? I thought they were just going to bring him back in when he got online. Sounds dumb waiting that long.
    That's what's being said on the Method stream. He's a vital part of the group and they don't have any other healers with the same amount of gear and experience with G'huun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting low is not the goal and mistakes are part of the race. With the ilvl difference they would offset any mistakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    just because it was killable under perfect circumstances doesn't make it the better call
    Just because some other call was even better, doesnt make this one terrible. It was a good call, that much is obvious. Calling it terrible is just ridiculous.

Sure it does... That gave them the chance for kill, they failed at execution and didnt get it. Its not like "because they didnt reclear, they couldnt have gotten it even when performing well". They werent missing gear to do it. Would it make it easier? Sure, but wasnt terrible judgement at all. Its a choice between believing you can perform or not and thus needing gear. Fighting for world first, you expect to make little to no mistakes.

Deleted
    based on what we have seen on Methods stream you have to expect that people start dying in the last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrayz View Post
    Limit extended but they won't kill it before EU reset. Method will extend, vantus runes + mythic cache will be enough. G'huun will die withing 3 hours after reset. Mark my words.
    Been four hours now, consider your words marked.

And why is everyone shitting on limits decision to extend? method cant raid till 7 pm because healer officer is at work and limit will be definitely up by then and method will still have to reclear mythrax and get to ghun, limit can still easily take this. Did no one see limits RL post 600k hp wipe? they have this in the bag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    That's what's being said on the Method stream. He's a vital part of the group and they don't have any other healers with the same amount of gear and experience with G'huun.
    Correct, Method has to wait for him another 4 or 5 hours. And then they only start with Mythrax mythic. So there's a very good chance, that Exorsus or even Memento/Pieces can pass Method.

Sure it does... That gave them the chance for kill, they failed at execution and didnt get it. Its not like "because they didnt reclear, they couldnt have gotten it even when performing well". They werent missing gear to do it. Would it make it easier? Sure, but wasnt terrible judgement at all. Its a choice between believing you can perform or not and thus needing gear. Fighting for world first, you expect to make little to no mistakes.
    It was a gamble that didn't pay off, simple as that. Still props to Limit for making NAs best performance in a very long time.

It was a gamble that didn't pay off, simple as that. Still props to Limit for making NAs best performance in a very long time.

A bit premature to judge their performance before they actually clear

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    And why is everyone shitting on limits decision to extend? method cant raid till 7 pm because healer officer is at work and limit will be definitely up by then and method will still have to reclear mythrax and get to ghun, limit can still easily take this. Did no one see limits RL post 600k hp wipe? they have this in the bag.
    Calling it for the night. People gotta work, etc.
    They might have the same issues with commitments, but Mythrax might be a big hurdle for Method. Probably a big factor why Limit extended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    600K Wipe.

Imagine what 1 average ilvl added to the raid would have done. A single re clear would can easily made up for that.

I wouldn't blame anyone in Limit for gquiting. What a horrible call made my the raid leader.

https://twitter.com/maximumwow/statu...60465555435521
    The mage being alive would have done the same thing though. For all we know they could have recleared and gotten stuck on mythrax for a long time and not even get to G'huun, I'm pretty sure they took that into consideration as well, as Mythrax can be very bad in terms of RNG if an orb for example lands on a healer.

It just sucks, but that's the thing with world firsts, tiny mistakes or moments of luck can really alter who's going to be victorious in the end.

Kuddos to Limit for a good tier though, they definitely can be proud of themselves for giving tough competition.