Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Tattoos are not a trend, they are like earrings. If you want one that looks good, you get one.
    Trend is something that is "new", then fades away. Like emo style from 2000-2005. "Its not a phase mom"

10+ Year Old Account
    well, i'd really like to have some WH40K stuff on me. but then again, i wouldn't want to explain any of the things i would get inked.

also, tattoos are for criminals only. and violent people robbing the elderly. #weilreinehautreinhaut
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    That depends completely on who you ask. I got my tattoo because the motif means a lot to me (FYI, it's not related to gaming or culture or anything like that). I don't show it off to everyone I meet - mainly because it's on my upper arm and I wear long sleeves most of the time - because it's for me.

edit:

Oh, never mind then. Thought I could think for myself for a moment there. My bad.
    No, you picked your motif, because the motif means a lot to you. You decided to get a tattoo so you would look better.

If the motif just meant a lot to you, you would just get it as your wallpaper on your computer or a picture on your wall.

Don't give me any of this "but it's permanent" stuff. Or "I wanted it to be a part of me". That's nonsense. A picture is as permanent on your skin as it is on your wall or on your PC. You can always get a tattoo removed, it just takes different methods.

It's about the way you look. Bottomline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You never get over losing a loved one. You learn to accept it and live without them.
    If you were able to live without him, you wouldn't have gotten a tattoo of him because you wanted him to be "a part of you". Thought I was talking to an adult here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    That's your opinion, still more reasons then the only one you could come up with. Not saying some people dont get tattoos because of bad confidence but far from all.

Can even do it to cover up scars.
    In the end, all of these things you mentioned still serve the same purpose. Making yourself look more interesting. Doesn't matter what the picture is.

Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    In the end, all of these things you mentioned still serve the same purpose. Making yourself look more interesting. Doesn't matter what the picture is.
    And that somehow means low confidence? so getting new cloth, hairstyle new cars or whatnot means low confidence because in the end you do it to look more intresting.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    And that somehow means low confidence? so getting new cloth, hairstyle new cars or whatnot means low confidence because in the end you do it to look more intresting.
    Yeah absolutely. If you wanna look more interesting, that means you think you aren't interesting enough right now. You have low confidence.

No, you picked your motif, because the motif means a lot to you. You decided to get a tattoo so you would look better.

It's about the way you look. Bottomline.
    Right, so you know my reasoning better than I do because you have a low opinion of tattoos. You're a riot.

But by all means, continue playing airmchair psychologist.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-09-19 at 12:03 PM.

Yeah absolutely. If you wanna look more interesting, that means you think you aren't interesting enough right now. You have low confidence.
    lol so just fuck it im just gonna wear the same shit everyday and never get a new haircut. Dont you see how ridiculous that sounds. So every human being on this planet have low confidence is that what your trying to say here?
    Do you hear the voices too?

I'll probably be banned soon anyway.
    It's not at all surprising when you insult someone's IQ and talk down to people different to you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    lol so just fuck it im just gonna wear the same shit everyday and never get a new haircut. Dont you see how ridiculous that sounds. So every human being on this planet have low confidence is that what your trying to say here?
    No, you can do it. I'm just saying the reason you are doing it is so other people will like you more. That's what we all do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's not at all surprising when you insult someone's IQ and talk down to people different to you.
    I say what I think.

I say what I think.
    Okay, just don't be surprised if you get infracted for breaking the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Hey I really like you, do you want to be friends or something? Like seriously.
    Wonders never cease.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Right, so you know my reasoning better than I do because you have a low opinion of tattoos. You're a riot.

But by all means, continue playing airmchair psychologist.
    Why didn't you just get your tattoo as a wallpaper on your PC if you think it looks good? You'll still be able to see it tons of times. Is it so good-looking, you need to see it all the time? And even if it is so superawesome, everything gets boring after a while when you get used to it. That's just human nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, just don't be surprised if you get infracted for breaking the rules.
    I'm a rebel.

Wasn't that the reason people got tattoos? To break the rules?

I'm a rebel.

Wasn't that the reason people got tattoos? To break the rules?
    I'm not sure where in the world tattoos are illegal but people get them for any number of reasons. It's not best to assume everyone is the same.

Deleted
    I'm not sure where in the world tattoos are illegal but people get them for any number of reasons. It's not best to assume everyone is the same.

Not the law. Rules of society.

Got the most random shit tattoos on both of my arms. No deeper meaning whatsoever, just liked the looks of it. Not showing them off to anyone and they're not my #1 conversation topic either. It's been pretty much a case of looks neat, so why the fuck not - it's no different than people wearing earrings or w/e to me.

Deleted
    Pretty sure Tattoos have been a thing for millennia.

It has been a "trend" for quite some time now I think...
    I am the only one in my group of friends without a tattoo. To me most tattoos look childish and and ugly but everyone is free to do how they please.

Not the law. Rules of society.
    Sometimes they are the same. You are correct in the past they were looked down on by a majority but that is obviously in the past. But even back then people got them for different reasons. Not everyone is the same.

They might be a trend, but not for me.

I like a skin being a skin, and not having tons of ink and drawings inside.
    Some are cool and are well placed, but the majority look heavy, too big, too concentrated or missplaced.

For example, look how Justin Bieber is now... I think he destroyed himself, that he looks horrible. Just like all those extremely tattooed rappers. And extremely tattooed women even look worse. But its my opinion...

Besides with aging, the quality of the drawing and of the skin gets worse.
    What if i got tired of that drawing and wanted new ones or to remove them? I heard removing tattoos is extremely painful, takes more sessions than when they are made, and some colors probably can never be removed.

Its a big NO NO for me.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-09-19 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    Sometimes they are the same. You are correct in the past they were looked down on by a majority but that is obviously in the past. But even back then people got them for different reasons. Not everyone is the same.
    The reason is always the same. To change the way other people see you.