Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    As someone who loathes the 'evil empire' trope, am I better off giving Valkyria Chronicles a pass? If there's shades of grey, that's fine - but I just don't enjoy stories involving war unless there's depth to both sides. If it helps, I thoroughly enjoyed the likes of Grandia, FFXII and XC2 for averting the usual 'empire' tropes.
    Heres a cutscene from like 3 hours into the game, no major plot spoilers, but it shows how VC treats its conflict. There are some more anime villains but its not a faceless evil empire either.

Oh, nice. That's promising - it's definitely on my radar, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If Jackbix and Fortnite can opt out from NO, what stops every other 3rd party joining them? It is not like Nintendo is providing them servers, matchmaking or anything.
    Wait so Nintendo can actually let devs opt out of their own NO service?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the service in the first place though?

Or am I just confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the service in the first place though?

Or am I just confused?
    I see no reason for 3rd parties to lock their games behind Nintendo's paywall. Nintendo offers them nothing: no servers, no matchmaking, not even working social and chat tools.

I see no reason for 3rd parties to lock their games behind Nintendo's paywall. Nintendo offers them nothing: no servers, no matchmaking, not even working social and chat tools.
    Wait.

So what is the point in the NO service in the first place if it doesn't offer the basic tools even free options offer?

I swear Nintendo is codeword for "backwards" these days.

Wait.

So what is the point in the NO service in the first place if it doesn't offer the basic tools even free options offer?

I swear Nintendo is codeword for "backwards" these days.
    To cost money because everyone else has one too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did find a interesting bug in xenoblade. Just before final boss you can jump down on titans neck and run araund:
    http://shrani.si/f/2m/Iz/3nZsx25e/bigbugdontsafe.jpg

But if you open up a community, the game will crash.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Or am I just confused?
    Jackbox doesn't really use online in a typical sense is why.
    As tech said, everything is done through their website really, the game just connects to that server.

If Jackbix and Fortnite can opt out from NO, what stops every other 3rd party joining them? It is not like Nintendo is providing them servers, matchmaking or anything.
    I already explained why those games don't require it, and they don't require PS+ either?

It's not rocket science. One is a f2p game and one is just graphics on a screen and the actual game gets played on phones. That's not them opting out, so unless you can provide an example of a B2P game that actually uses the Switch to play online then there is no opt out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep nintendo online is great:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/statu...48039505702912

Final new stage for this Splatoon, Mudskipper Tower, will be out at the beginning of October.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason, F2P pinball game PinballFX is requiring players to use Switch Online to play, it's an error and the devs have a new patch that was just submitted to Nintendo to fix the problem.

https://twitter.com/PinballFX/status...05149531103234

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dualshockers.com/bayonet...nt-going-well/

Dualshockers overheard Hideki Kamiya and Atsushi Inaba give a tease about Bayonetta 3 at the Bitsummit Roadshow, where they said development is "smooth", "on-course" and the dev team is "in-sync."

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Souls Remastered Switch Network Test is up on the eShop and will be open from September 21st through 23rd and will open between 5 and 9 pm PDT.

- - - Updated - - -

New trailers for Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu

The biggest thing from the trailer is the remixed music for the legendary birds fights and the fact you can only import Kanto Pokemon from Go, but that does include Alolan forms.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/19/17...mulator-hacked

Nintendo Switch Online - NES has been hacked to switch out games since the app is simply a port of the NES Classic emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    the fact you can only import Kanto Pokemon from Go, but that does include Alolan forms.
    That was known when the games were revealed. Only Kanto Pokémon in these games.

https://pokemonletsgo.pokemon.com/en...kemon-go/#park

According to the main site, Alolan forms are available in in-game trades, so you don't have to worry about trying to catch them in Go.

- - - Updated - - -

That was known when the games were revealed. Only Kanto Pokémon in these games.
    But did we know we could import/in-game trade Alolan Pokemon? Or have I just forgot.

But did we know we could import/in-game trade Alolan Pokemon? Or have I just forgot.
    Yes. That was also known. That is the exact reason Alolan forms started to appear in Pokémon GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Nintendo go home your drunk...
    I fucking love Rich hahah.

https://pokemonletsgo.pokemon.com/en...kemon-go/#park

According to the main site, Alolan forms are available in in-game trades, so you don't have to worry about trying to catch them in Go.

- - - Updated - - -

They had previously implied they were go exclusive so knowing we can obtain them without go is new. So there doesnt seem to be anything exclusive to go so no need to play it but if you do completing the pokedex should be easier and easier to farm candies

- - - Updated - - -

Granted, who knows if breeding is in this game so you may need go for multiples
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Hey Nintendo just broke a record (maybe). The Nes Classic part of NO has been hacked and it hasn't even been a full day.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/1...s-been-hacked/

The Nintendo Switch Online NES Emulator Has Been Hacked
    It hasn’t even been a day since the Nintendo Switch Online service launched, but hackers have already managed to get into the service’s NES emulator. In fact, hackers have already figured out how to replace NES games and add in new ones. According to kapu, who discovered this information, the service’s NES emulator is nothing more than “a quick port of an existing emulator packaged with some ROMs”. The “existing emulator” that kapu is referring to is the NES Classic Edition, which was already hacked a while ago.

Kapu said to Polygon that “for someone without prior experience in running Switch mods, getting all of it set up at first is a bit of a process, but nothing too hard with proper instructions. After an initial setup it’s insanely easy to swap out ROMs and add entirely new ones”. As for why the emulator seems to be so easy to hack, kapu says that “I have serious doubts that it points to any vulnerabilities, I’d say it’s just a side-effect of making it easy on them to add more games as they officially release more, thus making it easy for modders as well”.

Great Job Nintendo, Real 10 out of 10.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-09-20 at 02:46 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hey Nintendo just broke a record (maybe). The Nes Classic part of NO has been hacked and it hasn't even been a full day.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/1...s-been-hacked/

Great Job Nintendo, Real 10 out of 10.
    The key thing to remember is that the NSO - NES is using almost the same emulation the NES Classic uses. For those who have already hacked both, it would be fairly easy to do.

The thing to wonder is what Nintendo is going to do afterwards with the future titles coming to the NSO-NES and other future NSO emulation apps, like the inevitable NSO-SNES.

- - - Updated - - -

Offscreen Yokai Watch 4 footage.

The key thing to remember is that the NSO - NES is using almost the same emulation the NES Classic uses. For those who have already hacked both, it would be fairly easy to do.
    The thing is you didn't have to do that to hack this and its stupid easy to do. There is already youtube guides out showing how to do this.

This should not have been a thing at all and it is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/2...kart-8-deluxe/

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe patch 1.7 adds Switch phone app chat support with randoms online.