Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Dear Alliance: Hurry up and Kill King Rastakhan for us.

With the announcement of the new raid and that the Alliance will have Rastakhan as their final boss, let me just say on behalf of the Horde, please kill that incompetent, shortsighted, archaic buffoon ASAP, so we can instill Princess Talanji as the new Queen of the trolls. Rastakhan's lack of leadership has failed Zanadalr, form letting Zul go uncontrolled, half his advisory council being traitors, ignoring the blood trolls, having his own general working for an Old God under his noses, and making a completely lopsided pact with Bwonsamdi.

Rastakhan's incompetence and failure as a leader is second only to Anduin, and we couldn't be happier that you are willing to do our dirty work for us, because it's not like we could assassinate him and expect Talanji to be okay with it. With that moron out of the way, Talanji can unite all of Zandalar (Zandalari, other troll remnants, Vulpera, Devoted Sethrak, Tortollans) under the banner of the Horde. Vol'jin can now take over as the Loa of Kings and Queens, and make Talanji completely devoted to the Horde. Heck we might even betroth Rokhan and Talanji, and unite the troll clans as one once again.

So once again, thank you for making the Horde stronger and sacrificing your soldiers and resources for our benefit. Enjoy your "fist pump" moment LMAO. For the Horde!

Dark Lady watch over you.
    Last edited by Thorqin; 2018-09-19 at 12:22 PM.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post

Rastakhan's incompetence and failure as a leader is second only to Anduin
    As a hordie: What's wrong with Anduin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually the last boss of the raid for alliance is the encounter with jaina... cuz fuck logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    actually the last boss of the raid for alliance is the encounter with jaina... cuz fuck logic.
    The logic is quite fine. The "final" boss from a lore/logic perspective is Rastakhan. After that, we get to play the Horde encounters as a bonus, but outside of Lore. In Lore, we're basically being told what happened, in gameplay we experience it Live.

Fighting Alliance heroes will always be "weird", but having it clearly separate as a re-inactment of a "past event" after the story-raid is still the best option that doesn't result in designing fights that only half the raiders are going to see.

Putting them anywhere else wouldn't be any better, and not offering them to one faction would be stupid.

Jaina won't die, she'll bail out at 5% and leave us her undies to sniff.

Rastakhan died the moment he made a deal with Bwonsamdi. Some mortals are allowed to make deals with shadowy forces, PROVIDED THAT THEY HAVE THE WILLPOWER AND STAMINA TO HOLD THEIR newfound POWER AT BAY. Just think of Lady Alleria Windrunner, who made a dangerous deal with the void, and yet is able to restrain herself wonderfully, and hasn't hurt anyone, and never will. But Rastakhan? A senile fool who lacks prodigious Alleria's cunning and wisdom. That makes him a ticking bomb waiting only to explode. Nothing personal.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Since his major role introduction in MoP he was quickly portrayed as a sympathiser and a weakling, only in legion has he grown a "backbone" after the loss of his father but even then he still seems to be the puppet of his advisors making poor choices and mistakes.

Hese not a likable character when it comes to story and alot of his plots involve whining, i ended up disliking him from just the way the stroy was told playing on my alliance alt. ignored him the first time through on my main.

OT; I do agree with OP Rastakan has made very unkingly decisions, ignoring what his daughter had told him, bring on Queen Talanji.

It is odd how even when the alliance "win" we benifit from it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    Since his major role introduction in MoP he was quickly portrayed as a sympathiser and a weakling, only in legion has he grown a "backbone" after the loss of his father but even then he still seems to be the puppet of his advisors making poor choices and mistakes.

Hese not a likable character when it comes to story and alot of his plots involve whining, i ended up disliking him from just the way the stroy was told playing on my alliance alt. ignored him the first time through on my main.

OT; I do agree with OP Rastakan has made very unkingly decisions, ignoring what his daughter had told him, bring on Queen Talanji.

It is odd how even when the alliance "win" we benifit from it as well.
    Having played both the Horde and Alliance side, I must agree that while Anduin shows growth, he appears to be influenced by Genn way too often. That old pooch with his permanent 'arrrr all horde evil kill!' feels almost like a counterpart for the Forsaken mindset.

See, I actually like Rastakhan. Furthermore, A) I don't really like Talanji that much to begin with, and B) it seems REALLY bizarre that suddenly every faction leader has to be a woman all of a sudden. It's really starting to feel forced.

Your blood elf is looking kinda blue around the eyes. Is he alright?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The logic is quite fine. The "final" boss from a lore/logic perspective is Rastakhan. After that, we get to play the Horde encounters as a bonus, but outside of Lore. In Lore, we're basically being told what happened, in gameplay we experience it Live.

Fighting Alliance heroes will always be "weird", but having it clearly separate as a re-inactment of a "past event" after the story-raid is still the best option that doesn't result in designing fights that only half the raiders are going to see.

Putting them anywhere else wouldn't be any better, and not offering them to one faction would be stupid.
    Interesting, what brought you to conclude that the final boss is Rastakhan time-wise? From what I gained on their description of Horde/Alliance starting points, Alliance make their way up the Temple where King Rastakhan is at for their end of the raid. Horde will start at the top of the other temple, intercept with King Rastakhan in the middle (either saving him or finding his corpse I take it) and then eventually pushing the Alliance back to the harbor where Queen Ice Bitch is at for their end of the raid. So wouldn't it be Alliance forces (Alliance raid) gets to and probably kills King Rastakhan before being pushed back by Horde forces to their ships. (Horde raid)

from the bullet points of the stream post:
    "Alliance start at the docks and climb the pyramid, eventually fighting King Rastakhan.
    The Horde will defend the city, starting outside on the far north of the pyramid. They fight towards Rastakhan, which will be the middle of the raid for them. They then fight Alliance forces down towards harbor, ending with Alliance commanders and Jaina on the high seas."
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I imagine that both the Horde and the Alliance will have a defending-based encounter with their respective characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Attacks Undercity, capital of the Forsaken. Gets caught completely off-guard by the blight.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Attacks Undercity, capital of the Forsaken. Gets caught completely off-guard by the blight.
    Arthas was caught off-guard at the Wrathgate too.

Anduin is Arthas' son confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Arthas was caught off-guard at the Wrathgate too.

Anduin is Arthas' son confirmed?
    During Wrathgate the Blight was used for the first time. It wasn’t exactly something anyone expected to see at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    long story
    Would us killing Rastakhan mean Rezan would come back and bless you guys with Zandalari Prelates? Cause I'd like Zandalari Prelates to be playable.

im always puzzled by how the belfs got over the troll wars and are buddy buddy with them now. kinda like spitting on the graves of the fallen, men, women or children. but then again, except for a notable few, the sindorei are known for lacking a spine. greatest mages of azeroth turned lapdogs to the corpse queen. how the mighty and noble have fallen indeed
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

"Golly gee, Genn, I wonder if the Forsaken will use the Blight in their capital where they produce it."
    "Maybe we should bring a few gas masks, my king."
    "Nah, I'm sure it'll be fine."

A few minutes later:

Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Yeah kill Rastakhan and put Talanji in charge, because WoW doesn't have enough strong and independent female leaders. Oh wait, Sylvanas, Mayla, Thalyssra, Liadrin...

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah kill Rastakhan and put Talanji in charge, because WoW doesn't have enough strong and independent female leaders. Oh wait, Sylvanas, Mayla, Thalyssra, Liadrin...
    Jaina, Moira, Tyranda, Aysa, Thaelia, Alleria, Vereesa. its not really a big deal tho but it seems that most leaders nowadays are female. and anduin is a poor choice as a leader compared to his father
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?