Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I had this happen to me once earlier in BFA. We wiped in Kings Rest and me and two others were joking around about it while waiting for the last guy to show up, most of us were having a good time talking but then one dude said "Can you guys just stfu and focus on the boss so we can actually kill it jfc"

So I naturally said "Well bucko you were the one hitting the wrong totem and not stacking so why don't you stop telling us what to do and read that dungeon journal "

He didn't say anything else for the rest of the dungeon
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    "Please stop chatting. Make this fast"
    So this is what some dude said in party chat in the middle of a mythic dungeon of group content, online, in an MMORPG game.

When did it become unacceptable to chat with your party?

It was just too funny to not share
    If you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, he had something in real life he needed to take care of. Or he's just grinding the game out like a job and probably needs a break.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always give a "hello" or "good morning" when I enter a new dungeon. If no one responds, then I don't usually say much else. If there are some people who type back, I will chat a little during the run between packs. Its an MMO. I don't see anything wrong with talking to your party members.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Welp, if you play on EU and see ''Chill run. Ragers will be kicked'' or anything alike, it might be me.
    I think I might have already

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Content being guaranteed success means that chatting is prolonging the dungeon. Stop artificially prolonging content by trying to communicate with others.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    This is one of the reasons people don't like this game anymore. They are actually saying it. It's like a job, they hate.

"Lets just do this quickly so I can go home and do someting I actually enjoy. I am only here, because they pay me and I need money".

Are you kidding me...! This was not a mythic + dungeon. We weren't wasting anyone's time. No significant increase in time for the clear, at all.

It's sad to see how many people just don't enjoy the game or the MMO aspects of the game. It's all just a bore-chore to get the loot as fast as possible, so you can farm more m+ dungeons quicker and do your raid once a week.
    Are you kidding me...! You chose to not specify which type of mythic it was or give any real context other than it being the middle of a mythic dungeon.

Its sad to see how many people who enjoy holding 4 other players back by wasting time by talking instead of contributing as much as the others in the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. Don't you? I also take pauses for my character to catch his breath. Way to blow the entire thing out of proportion.

Just saying that the wow community is dead or dying, and you're here proving it for us.
    Just because some players are rude idiots, doesn't mean all of us are.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So this is what some dude said in party chat in the middle of a mythic dungeon of group content, online, in an MMORPG game.

Gaming is serious business!!

I agree with you. Sadly, as I glance through the replies, it seems that people have utterly forgotten what gaming is actually about (fun).

Think it time to turn WoW in to a single player MMO.

I mean they have that SmartAI now, why not.

Far too many mentally weak babies now exist in this world that can't take criticism or mean words, isolate them all their own little bubble, we can call it the virtual Safe space

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Are you kidding me...! You chose to not specify which type of mythic it was or give any real context other than it being the middle of a mythic dungeon.

Its sad to see how many people who enjoy holding 4 other players back by wasting time by talking instead of contributing as much as the others in the group.
    Its an MMO. Social interaction is literally part of the game. If you can't handle that, might I recommend Skyrim?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without seeing the conversation Or when this chat was occurring I can’t say if you were the rude one or the other player
    Alittle chat in between pulls is fine enough if it concerns something interesting enough for most of the group as long as your not wiping due to chatting.
    I have been in some groups where not a single word is spoken and I been in some groups that the leader goes on a rant for 7 mins about shit no one but him cares about.
    And then there are people who just never shut up when it’s go time.
    Hell I had a rbg the other day where the leader and some other fool kept talking about random ass shit till the last seconds before the match started without making plans. And even during the match they started talking about shit that didn’t realy matter.

Some people wants to rush, others that have plenty of time to invest in the game wants to chill. Not everybody is a robot (works for both sides). Move on dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    I can totaly see the poor guy having barely just enough time for one mythic before going to work and his frustration when group stops after every pack to chit chat
    That's the unfortunate side effect of public groups though, not everyone is in a rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Gaming is serious business!!

I agree with you. Sadly, as I glance through the replies, it seems that people have utterly forgotten what gaming is actually about (fun).
    have you though about the fact that maybe we're different individuals with different preferences? why the fuck does it mean that because you like chatting and have fun doing it, i have to like that aswell? have you thought that maybe i don't like talking instead of completing what i set out to complete?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I always give a "hello" or "good morning" when I enter a new dungeon. If no one responds, then I don't usually say much else. If there are some people who type back, I will chat a little during the run between packs. Its an MMO. I don't see anything wrong with talking to your party members.
    do you also randomly go up to people on the street, public transport and say hello or good morning?

Are you kidding me...! This was not a mythic + dungeon. We weren't wasting anyone's time. No significant increase in time for the clear, at all.

It's sad to see how many people just don't enjoy the game or the MMO aspects of the game. It's all just a bore-chore to get the loot as fast as possible, so you can farm more m+ dungeons quicker and do your raid once a week.
    You mean so we can get to the part of the game we enjoy? How horrible!
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    I'm from South Europe and people randomly chatting in public transportation is soooo common, meanwhile when I've been to Sweden it amazed me how silent everyone was hahaha

In that aspect you're right, it might be cultural indeed and depends on the circumstances. Maybe you aren't that type of person or maybe you had a less good day or you're in a hurry, but I still believe there are ways to manifest your wishes without sounding too rough, after all, it's no one's fault really, and I say this as an extremely introverted person that gets spooked by interactions even if they are digital, but I don't really mind this type of interaction as much because it actually makes me feel safer around the people I'm playing with, even if I don't know them. Sorry if it doesn't quite make sense, but that's my experience!
    ofc there's "proper" ways to manifest your wishes, not denying that, but then again we have no idea what he actually said, how or why, we don't have any context.

Also imo what matters is the topic, if it's a discussion relevant to the content we're doing i obviously have no problems with it(something like how to improve the run) but if it's something someone saw on the news, or the weather or whatnot that's just not necessary and should be limited to /w or /g, is gonna trigger the fuck out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You mean so we can get to the part of the game we enjoy? How horrible!
    it's really mindblowing how some people believe you have to like, enjoy and want to do EVERY single aspect of the game repeatedly.

Talking in downtime... like wipes or as the party is forming... maybe about strat... otherwise keep the dungeon going, most of us have 3489573897459873489 more to do and making one take longer than it needs is pointless when you will not see most of these people again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I think I might have already
    Oh?

/10chars
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar