Thread: The Dreadwake

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It absolutely is the reason. If not they would put it on the store, which would cost less but they gotta make people lock in for more money. Pretty easy logic to get man, if subs were so good, they wouldn't hide them since WoD my friend, but hey, I'm sure BfA has a million billion subs.
    Oh noez the subs are below X random number that means the game is dying, dead, died years ago, still on life support, etc. I'm sure Blizz is doing just fine swimming around in a giant vault of cash that they don't need this as a desperation tactic to rake in a bit more money.

It absolutely is the reason. If not they would put it on the store, which would cost less but they gotta make people lock in for more money. Pretty easy logic to get man, if subs were so good, they wouldn't hide them since WoD my friend, but hey, I'm sure BfA has a million billion subs.
    Yes, which is why they limit the good mounts you can obtain in game and they use the store to maximize profit to off set the incoming sub losses.

Has anyone bought 180 days today and received the mount already?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yes, which is why they limit the good mounts you can obtain in game and they use the store to maximize profit to off set the incoming sub losses.
    Do you need more tinfoil for your hat sir or ma'am?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    Has anyone bought 180 days today and received the mount already?
    I've seen people on the mount already in game, I've not seen the pet. I'm not sure if you get the mount and pet for 180 days or what though.

Yes.

Subs are just above 7 mill but dropping fast.

How do you get that subs are above 7 million? That's just the time played metric they try to sell to the investors, Time played is literally an empty metric. BfA had 3.5 million expac sales as preorders, thats going to be a large bulk of the orders. BfA is a disaster because Ion is extremely incompetent as a lead dev so I doubt many people touched after the communities reaction. I highly, extremely highly, doubt that this expansion touched MoP's numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Do you need more tinfoil for your hat sir or ma'am?

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen people on the mount already in game, I've not seen the pet. I'm not sure if you get the mount and pet for 180 days or what though.
    Also, they need to boost this quarter report as they had lagging sales. Most of BFA sales came during the winter/spring months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wessex View Post
    I think its 3 in 1 - air, land and underwater mount.
    If its a water mount like the water strider, its worth looking into.

EDIT: Nvm it doesnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it requires 180 days of wow game time bought apparently.

I just purchased it to see if it'd give it to me, hasn't so far.

I presume it will eventually. lol

How do you get that subs are above 7 million? That's just the time played metric they try to sell to the investors, Time played is literally an empty metric. BfA is a disaster because Ion is extremely incompetent as a lead dev.
    Weekly activity loosely correlates to active subs over a long period of time. True, a person can be inactive while still subbed but activity is a better indicator for long term trends.

I hate how so many cool and unique models are in the fucking shop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    This is on purpose.

Welcome to a world where WoW acts like a freemium/f2p MMO while still demanding a sub fee.

Weekly activity loosely correlates to active subs over a long period of time. True, a person can be inactive while still subbed but activity is a better indicator for long term trends.
    Honestly though, It doesn't matter if someone plays 100 hours a week or 4. 15 dollars is 15 dollars, I doubt investors give zero shits about how much a person played. Activity doesn't truly matter because it doesn't give you an accurate representation of the future. People not playing and waiting for lockouts fucks with that metric but a sub will instantly give you a month to month trend after only a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

She's wrong, though. It's not a reskin, it's a remodel. Two different things.
    They look nothing alike, what the fuck. I've actually seen this one, but I wouldn't have made the connection.
    That's like saying protodrakes are reskins of the OG vanilla dragons...
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They look nothing alike, what the fuck. I've actually seen this one, but I wouldn't have made the connection.
    That's like saying protodrakes are reskins of the OG vanilla dragons...
    Well, there's a point to be made. It for sure uses the same skeleton with some tweaks. But it's definitely not just a reskind or a retexture. It's a remodel, which is the second most time activity, with the most intensive one being actually creating a new skeleton and a new mesh.

Honestly though, It doesn't matter if someone plays 100 hours a week or 4. 15 dollars is 15 dollars, I doubt investors give zero shits about how much a person played. Activity doesn't truly matter because it doesn't give you an accurate representation of the future. People not playing and waiting for lockouts fucks with that metric but a sub will instantly give you a month to month trend after only a few months.
    Well yeah but at the same time you have to realize the WoW token is considered a "sub" which really throws everything of. Interestingly enough the WoW token is also considered a micro transaction which helps WoW devs boost their reports for their investors every quarter so they have the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    So it requires 180 days of wow game time bought apparently.

I just purchased it to see if it'd give it to me, hasn't so far.

I presume it will eventually. lol
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wessex View Post
    And ofcourse its shop mount...
    no problem with that just pay and enjoy it. it is just a mount no problem with them charging $$$ for it it is cosmetics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post

thats to prevent every scrub in the game from having it. spread it out on everyone and it isnt special anymore

In the game right now

between this and blizzcon, my Blizzard balance is crying.

Re-skin and remodel of Blizzcon? GG

Personally I don't see the appeal.