Thread: The Dreadwake

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHA DOOD LMAO XD XD View Post
    Holy shit what a cringeworthy post. Imagine spending $130 for a mount you won't even get until next year.

WoW players continue to amaze me.
    You get the mount when you buy the 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Not working for everyone though. Try again.
    shop overloaded, happens.
    They'll get it before the day ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    The last time they did a promo like this was Cata when they were badly bleeding subs...

True story.
    the yearly pass started during wotlk, everyone's fav expansion. Just fyi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHA DOOD LMAO XD XD View Post
    Holy shit what a cringeworthy post. Imagine spending $130 for a mount you won't even get until next year.

WoW players continue to amaze me.
    ?
    I bought the six month time because at this point in time I like where the game is going and I'm still playing regularly. The mount was just an added bonus. If that changes in the future, then I'll just stop resubscribing, not a big deal.
    Also, you're mistaken. The mount is given to you after the purchase of the six month game time, not after it's used.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    shop overloaded, happens.
    They'll get it before the day ends.

- - - Updated - - -

the yearly pass started during wotlk, everyone's fav expansion. Just fyi.
    I thought Annual Pass happened once, and only during Cata. What was this WOTLK one you are talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    The last time they did a promo like this was Cata when they were badly bleeding subs...

True story.
    What are you talking about? They do a promo for some mount around this time of the year every year during hurricane season. Then proceeds are all donated to help with the relief.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Anyhoo. I don't have a problem with the mount. I don't even necessarily have a problem with the deal in general. (Hell, obviously I don't: I just bought the thing.)

Players who are gonna be subbed for 6 months anyway just get a bit of a discount and a neato mount. That's fine. That's business.

No, my problem is the timing of this deal. It is some VERY unfortunate timing; overwhelming negativity surrounding the expansion, servers barely working for entire continents-worth of players, people quitting in droves, class balance in shambles... and then "Please don't unsub guys. We'll give you a cool mount if you don't unsub."

It's especially poor timing offering a super Lovecraftian-themed boat mere days after saying the Alliance only has horses because none of their zones have interesting mount possibilities - when Stormsong is literally a Lovecraftian-themed zone filled with shipwrights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So long as others can still see her posts and my responses, the point of my post remains.

Sorry that hurts you.
    No one is hurt, it's just odd and comes off as a bit obsessive lmao. Feel free to keep replying back to them tho

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    No one is hurt, it's just odd and comes off as a bit obsessive lmao. Feel free to keep replying back to them tho
    Will do when I feel like it, yeah. I appreciate the concern and the internet psychologist act, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Art team has more funding than the class team? Grats tell me something I didn't know.

Meanwhile...RIP Shamans and Shadow priests.
    No, the Art team just has easier projects.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    LOL, the thing SINKS in water. FAIL.
    Yeah, that is pretty goddamn stupid.

It's a boat. A flying, hovering boat.

And it sinks like a rock if it touches water.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more worried about BlizzCon digital goodies.. Not seen the shade of anything but a Sombra skin.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    No, the Art team just has easier projects.
    And more free time. This thing would have been made by literally just a single dude with a couple of free afternoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I thought Annual Pass happened once, and only during Cata. What was this WOTLK one you are talking about?
    It started late wotlk if memory serves, people had tyrael's charger in icc

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am more worried about BlizzCon digital goodies.. Not seen the shade of anything but a Sombra skin.
    iirc they were all "Blizzcon has now stretched to be an entire MONTH of stuff" or something like that during that video/stream where they revealed the Sombra skin. Odds are they'll be revealing the other digital goodies every couple of weeks or so until Blizzcon hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Anyhoo. I don't have a problem with the mount. I don't even necessarily have a problem with the deal in general. (Hell, obviously I don't: I just bought the thing.)

Players who are gonna be subbed for 6 months anyway just get a bit of a discount and a neato mount. That's fine. That's business.

No, my problem is the timing of this deal. It is some VERY unfortunate timing; overwhelming negativity surrounding the expansion, servers barely working for entire continents-worth of players, people quitting in droves, class balance in shambles... and then "Please don't unsub guys. We'll give you a cool mount if you don't unsub."

It's especially poor timing offering a super Lovecraftian-themed boat mere days after saying the Alliance only has horses because none of their zones have interesting mount possibilities - when Stormsong is literally a Lovecraftian-themed zone filled with shipwrights.
    headcanon allows you to think of any rationale to any action

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I reckon this thing would've been one of the art teams' submissions for a possible Blizzcon goodie, which was turned down but considered to neato to just delete. Which means whatever they picked instead of it is bound to be cool.

the 6 month thing is making me afraid that the next 6 months will be void of content. they're expecting the subs to fall hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They look nothing alike, what the fuck. I've actually seen this one, but I wouldn't have made the connection.
    That's like saying protodrakes are reskins of the OG vanilla dragons...
    Has the same size and general shape, uses the same animations (minus sails instead of rotors), even uses the same /mountspecial.

Point being, it is an extension/re-use of aspects of an existing mount, in much the same way the mounts people like you were complaining about. The KT horse mounts use all new assets - new model, new textures, and yet there are idiots in this topic crying 'omg alliance get reskinned Cataclysm horses in BFA'.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-09-19 at 07:20 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice I got it already from buying 6-months about a month ago. Guess it would have helped for me to read the full announcement as it was a gift on the app like they said lol. I wish it was a water mount as well. Would have made it all the cooler.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    the 6 month thing is making me afraid that the next 6 months will be void of content. they're expecting the subs to fall hard
    Except they literally just announced a PTR for a patch with a ton of new/updated stuff. Try again.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.