Thread: The Dreadwake

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Plenty of in-game mounts sport these as well.
    You are correct sir. In fact, every mount in game sports a mesh, otherwise they would not be visible. And plenty of them have effects, too.

But the point was that it's not just a reskin of the Skychaser as it's different enough on a topological level to be a remodel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You can litteraly just buy them with gold hell tokens are cheap right now.
    Mafic is a spaz, don't waste your time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Careful, you don't want to offend the tinfoil hat crowd!
    fuck'em

/10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They look nothing alike, you proved yourself wrong by posting that picture. Thanks for saving me the effort.
    They are quite alike actually, just saw it in the game as well, uses the same animation and everything

Its not really a scheme. If you were going to play anyway, buy your time now and get a great mount for free. Not sure why people are making it into more than that.

"Blizzard must be in trouble! WoW is dying if they're doing this! Blah blah blah!"
    You can't possibly be this naive. I mean sure you can, but. Hello!
    There are rumors the subs went down dramatically only 1 month into the xpac. There is valid criticism towards the game's many many aspects atm. We have devs pouring 1 screen long essays and coming out with patch plans. Now the mount and sub discount. When was the last time Blizz did stuff like this? Annual pass was mentioned, which we know for a fact why happened. Other than that? Never?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    They are quite alike actually, just saw it in the game as well, uses the same animation and everything
    That's a skeleton thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You can't possibly be this naive. I mean sure you can, but. Hello!
    There are rumors the subs went down dramatically only 1 month into the xpac. There is valid criticism towards the game's many many aspects atm. We have devs pouring 1 screen essays and coming out with patch plans. Now the mount and sub discount. When was the last time Blizz did stuff like this? Annual pass was mentioned, which we know for a fact why happened. Other than that? Never?
    Careful, you don't want to offend the Blizzard hugbox crowd!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It's gonna be a store mount down the line, so I'll just save myself the money and buy it then, not planning on staying subbed for 180 days.

uugggghhh tokens are sold out. I was gonna buy them very soon anyway just for game time

fml lol
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Is it pirate day?

First orca detected on the port of ship.

Lets see how many more orcas are caught by Blizz with the dreadwake.

Shiver me timbers.
    Don't hate cause ya can't afford this awesome new mount.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Personally it just isn't worth committing another 6 months to Wow in its current state..

If you don't see the similarities at the mesh level, you need glasses. But okay!
    You can't seem to read. I guess you're just trolling at this point. Don't bother replying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You are correct sir. In fact, every mount in game sports a mesh, otherwise they would not be visible. And plenty of them have effects, too.

But the point was that it's not just a reskin of the Skychaser as it's different enough on a topological level to be a remodel.
    And the point, if you aren't just being a smartass, is that there's tons of mounts that are detailed remodels of others in the game right now, so let us stop pretending that Blizzard puts more effort on store mounts when we literally just had an expansion choke full of kickass ones, including some with (for the moment at least) completely unique models like the Shaman class mount.

Besides, the 180 day bundle was datamined before BfA even launched, we just didn't know when it would be available and what mount it would grant. So let's not make this promotion into some sort of nefarious conspiracy theory for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    the 6 month thing is making me afraid that the next 6 months will be void of content. they're expecting the subs to fall hard
    They are putting 8.1 on ptr next week, do you really expect it to be on there for 3+ months?
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    And the point, if you aren't just being a smartass, is that there's tons of mounts that are detailed remodels of others in the game right now, so let us stop pretending that Blizzard puts more effort on store mounts when we literally just had an expansion choke full of kickass ones, including some with (for the moment at least) completely unique models like the Shaman class mount.

Besides, the 180 day bundle was datamined before BfA even launched, we just didn't know when it would be available and what mount it would grant. So let's not make this promotion into some sort of nefarious conspiracy theory for no reason.
    Yes, you can feel like it isn't a big deal in your opinion, that is very much your prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    the 6 month thing is making me afraid that the next 6 months will be void of content. they're expecting the subs to fall hard
    So do you really think 8.1 will be on the PTR for 6 whole months? Yea, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Checking the release dates, it was a blizzcon thing, offered before dragon soul hit live. I don't believe a second of the whole "expecting deadzone blah blah" (which it didn't, DS was november and mists launch was september, 10 months is how long an end tier usually lasts, if not longer)
    Except they know exactly what to expect with DS and following content considering they designed it.

Yes, the promotional came before Fall of Deathwing was released, but the time we're bound into WoW is a full year into its content. Fall of Deathwing and all its content was easily consumed within the first 3 months. That's 9 months of running the same content that you've already completed. That is a long time.

Usually when this happened in previous expansions, we had filler content to supplement the deadzone. ICC had a year deadzone too, but they whipped up Ruby Sanctum as a midway filler. We didn't expect there to be no filler between Cata and MoP. Remember the pre-wrath events and the elemental invasions? MOP didn't even get that, and there was just a Theramore scenario...

The Deadzone was planned from the beginning in order to focus on MoP. If I, as a player, knew Cata wasn't going to have any content after the Deathwing raid was complete, I would have unsubbed until a week before MoP landed. Again, I'm not mad the Annual Pass existed because I still had D3, but you can't objectively look at this and say it wasn't an intentional move to retain subs during a time of expected drop-off. There was literally no new content.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-09-19 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

If you expect to play the next 6 months anyway, it's essentially a free mount.
    Naysayers can walk the plank! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Its not really a scheme. If you were going to play anyway, buy your time now and get a great mount for free. Not sure why people are making it into more than that.

"Blizzard must be in trouble! WoW is dying if they're doing this! Blah blah blah!"
    Doesn’t really make sense to me to tie a reward to subbing unless there was a reason to. Blizzard loses money in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    The past 3-5 days in a nutshell

I loled
    This. Exactly right.

180 days?

I would only subscribe one month at a time at most in this present shitshow of an expansion.

Imagine making such a gamble that you would potentially (probably) waste that much money on 6 months of awful content/balancing/etc.

This was certainly a nice surprise for me. I already pay my sub in 6 month intervals, so I had the mount automatically when I logged in today. Definitely won't complain about a free mount, especially one this good looking
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*