Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Aigaion View Post
    Or maybe just leave people complain because they have the right to ?
    And Blizzard have the right to design and release a game how they please. Same logic applies.

However i do agree its in a poor state atm with all the bugs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    You're assuming everything criticized is broken.
    And you are strawmanning my post in order to score points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thraps View Post
    And Blizzard have the right to design and release a game how they please. Same logic applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Small issues to whom?

A lot of people here are the ones conflating the two in order to whiteknight Blizzard, though.

You say people shouldn't mistake the two, yet here you are confusing the two.
    Far less white-knighting going on than, "OMG, did you see Ion's shirt in the Q&A? Subs are down, WoW is dying. His shirt says so!!!!!!"

The AMA showcased actual problems that are in need of fixes. "I don't like Warfronts" is not worthy. I don't like the color yellow. Is there a superior being I can complain to to have it removed? 'Cause I don't like it. It needs to go.

You're essentially white-knighting anything negative. And that's not a good perch to sit on.

Deleted
    Factually incorrect. Properly voiced criticism is perfectly fine. We are not the developers so it's not our job to find the solution to the problems with the game.

They are paid to create these solutions. We are paying them to do so.
    Wrong. You're paying to play the game in its current state. You are not a stockholder who can tell Blizzard what to do. So many people don't get that. You;'re paying to be allowed to play the game. Nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by rejacked View Post
    Wrong. You're paying to play the game in its current state. You are not a stockholder who can tell Blizzard what to do. So many people don't get that. You;'re paying to be allowed to play the game. Nothing more than that.
    You are honestly too desperate to defend Blizzard to grasp the point that when someone criticizes, say, that Warfronts are too slow-moving, that they aren't exciting.

Or that if a class is imbalanced, it's not that player's duty to also immediately suggest a fix to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Far less white-knighting going on than, "OMG, did you see Ion's shirt in the Q&A? Subs are down, WoW is dying. His shirt says so!!!!!!"
    I mean, if you conflate any bit of criticism that isn't a problem in your eyes with that, then yeah, no wonder you respond like that.
    The AMA showcased actual problems that are in need of fixes. "I don't like Warfronts" is not worthy. I don't like the color yellow. Is there a superior being I can complain to to have it removed? 'Cause I don't like it. It needs to go.
    Why are straw men your go-to?
    You're essentially white-knighting anything negative. And that's not a good perch to sit on.
    See previous response.

You are honestly too desperate to defend Blizzard to grasp the point.
    No, you're just not that smart. You think you know things, but you actually don't. You mark anyone who disagrees with you as a white-knight. You're factually wrong if you think your sub pays for your criticism to matter.

We pay for server access. You're not a shareholder that makes demands. Your character isn't even yours.

If you'd prefer to look like a fool, though, I'd hate to stop you. It's funny watching dumb people pretend to be smart.

It's like you just learned what "white knight" and "strawman" mean. You're so good at being a forum rat! Look at you go. Run on that little treadmill of buzzwords and "my cries mean something!!!!"
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-09-19 at 08:03 PM.

No, you're just not that smart. You think you know things, but you're actually don't. You mark anyone who disagrees with you as a white-knight. You're factually wrong if you think your sub pays for anything more than server access for 30 days.

We pay for server access. You're not a shareholder that makes demands. Your character isn't even yours.
    Okay, Mr. Internet Lawyer. Any more pedantic legal wisdoms to unload?

I'll mention that next time someone has valid criticism that their class underperforms heavily compared to any other class. "Wow, you're just paying to have access to your character! Make the solution for Blizzard or stop playing!"

Deleted
    You are honestly too desperate to defend Blizzard to grasp the point that when someone criticizes, say, that Warfronts are too slow-moving, that they aren't exciting.

Or that if a class is imbalanced, it's not that player's duty to also immediately suggest a fix to it.
    Yes, of course that feedback can be given to Blizzard. They are going to fix things like class imbalanced obviously. The problem is that people think they are entitled to everything happen RIGHT NOW, and if it's not happening, they release a shit storm upon Blizzard. The problem is that people are so heavily invested into WoW and don't have other interests in life, that they become so obsessed that they flip out.

Yes, of course that feedback can be given to Blizzard. They are going to fix things like class imbalanced obviously.
    Great. We're in agreement, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Beer is gross.
    Unrelated to the topic but I second this.

As for playing drunk? If you can't enjoy anything sober, you should probably look for new things recreationally that you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraps View Post
    And Blizzard have the right to design and release a game how they please. Same logic applies..
    Haha you have totally the wrong context there bro. I was agreeing but not complaining, even tho i said "However i do agree its in a poor state atm with all the bugs etc." was to bring balance to "Blizzard have the right to design and release a game how they please. Same logic applies." that i was not a Blizzard fanboy deluded that the game is in a great condition. There is a big difference, try again bro.

Deleted
    Great. We're in agreement, then.
    The problem is that people blow the term "feedback" out of proportion and it's becoming a demand-and-shit-fest instead of actual feedback. People need to realize that stuff takes time and blizz employees are just regular people.

The problem is that people blow the term "feedback" out of proportion and it's becoming a demand-and-shit-fest instead of actual feedback. People need to realize that stuff takes time and blizz employees are just regular people.
    I mean, I'm willing to agree that "wtf blizz this sucks take it out fix it!!!" isn't feedback or criticism.

But I also don't think you need to come up with the proper solution to a problem to have valid criticism. It's more about voicing criticism properly. One problem a lot of WoW players have when it comes to criticism is that when they feel it doesn't affect them personally or they don't care about the thing being criticized, they'll just write the criticism off as whining.

Okay, Mr. Internet Lawyer. Any more pedantic legal wisdoms to unload?

I'll mention that next time someone has valid criticism that their class underperforms heavily compared to any other class. "Wow, you're just paying to have access to your character! Make the solution for Blizzard or stop playing!"
    Cool, I don't care what you do as long as it isn't telling someone they're factually wrong when you're pulling shit from your ass to justify your own strawman. Learn what logical fallacies are and avoid them if you're going to use them in your forum-speak arsenal against other people.

Actual feedback with proposed solutions warrant a response.

"My class sucks" does not warrant a solution, nor a response. Stop white-knighting any crybaby with a personal problem.

Cool, I don't care what you do as long as it isn't telling someone they're factually wrong when you're pulling shit from your ass to justify your own strawman. Learn what logical fallacies are and avoid them if you're going to use them in your forum-speak arsenal against other people.

Actual feedback with proposed solutions warrant a response.

"My class sucks" does not warrant a solution, nor a response. Stop white-knighting any crybaby with a personal problem.
    Okay, you won the debate with your lawyerspeak "technically you aren't owed anything." responses. I'm sure your debating skills will earn you Reddit gold in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I never said the game doesn't have issues atm; I just think some players take it way too seriously.
    WoW is a game. Have fun with it!
    I have high standards about beer, only the best quality past throught this dwarven throath.

You are not a stockholder who can tell Blizzard what to do.
    Stock holders cannot tell Blizzard what to do either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have higher standards with beer than with WoW.

I play WoW to have fun. If I am not having fun I unsubscibe.
    Some of the anti-white knights could take a lesson from that.

Currently I am having fun. Sure there is room for improvement however "X sux" or "Y is dumb" is not feedback

Okay, you won the debate with your lawyerspeak "technically you aren't owed anything." responses. I'm sure your debating skills will earn you Reddit gold in the near future.
    I'd rather win a debate with the truth than some stuff I made up in an attempt to hurt someone else's feelings like you do.

I don't use Reddit. Not sure what your point was here. But... I guess you thought it was clever?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    ...should drink more beer while playing.
    so your "solution" to bad game design is ALCOHOLISM, something that kills more people then weed every year? :/