Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    Not even on the ptr yet guy give blizz half a chance
    Nah giving them half a chance got us to the crap we have in 8.0 at this point I'll put confidence in them again when they prove worthy of it. They have known about these problems long enough (before launch) that they could give us more than two prospective talents and a slight percentage swap as a preview into how they believe they will clean this up

Some People take this game way too seriously... taking some poor class design as a personal offence is not healthy.

The mobility issue, I dont mind being a turret, but the encounters need to be design for that type of immobility of certain classes/specs. As we seen in the past and now, Class team and the Encounter team do not communicate well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    anyone want to explain why this guys opinion is anymore valid than the usual "blizz hates X class" threads we get every single expansion?
    But internet famous people´s opinions count as atleast 1 000 000 normal people´s opinions.

If internet famous people stop with their opinions how will we then know what we want.

If Blizzard is so committed to the turret design it would be nice if they implemented something similar to Age of Conan's spellweaving where you rooted yourself and every second you did more damage, spells cost more, and you took some damage (wow should drop the last part). So you push a button and become rooted (can drop the stance off gcd) and every second you are there you do x% more damage and maybe generate x% extra maelstrom. Go all in if it has to be a turret - when turreting it should do tons of damage to compensate for everytime it has to move.

The numbers can be whatever.

The spec isn't fun.

The problem goes pretty deep in that the class has no niche gameplay or story-wise.

You can choose any number of random talents and your rotation doesn't change. Most of the talents are passive or trivial.

It pains me to say this, but WoD shaman was more fun than the past two Expacs put together.

Set all that aside. What exactly is a shaman? What differentiates them from a fire mage, an ice mage? When a shaman steps onto the battlefield I should get a chill down my spine, I should get flashbacks of storm from the Xmen. What I shouldn't be saying is "oh look, a mage with totems"

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    The mobility issue, I dont mind being a turret, but the encounters need to be design for that type of immobility of certain classes/specs. As we seen in the past and now, Class team and the Encounter team do not communicate well.
    I really figured the wind boost skill from Legion would make it into BfA. Its very disappointing that it did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    If Blizzard is so committed to the turret design it would be nice if they implemented something similar to Age of Conan's spellweaving where you rooted yourself and every second you did more damage, spells cost more, and you took some damage (wow should drop the last part). So you push a button and become rooted (can drop the stance off gcd) and every second you are there you do x% more damage and maybe generate x% extra maelstrom. Go all in if it has to be a turret - when turreting it should do tons of damage to compensate for everytime it has to move.
    Kinda cool idea but won't we just die? I am of the opinion that faster spells would be nice.

It's tough to come up with a lot of strengths that fix this that don't step on others.

If we can put tons of dmging totems down then it's basically doing the demo warlock thing with their imps.

If we can have our elementals out more then we are basically taking from hunters.

So I think there are cool meaningful ways to make the immobile turret shaman work but I think they will be traded due to other class fantasy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But I'm enjoying Resto?
    I got 3 healers. Shaman (363), Monk (351) and Priest (348)

The monk and the priest do perfom much better. I can use the same premades and healing with the shaman is like 100 times harder than with the other two.
    Playing keys at or above 10 is insane hard compared to playing my monk.

Sadly I really like the shaman.

Honestly the "half a chance" argument went out with 8.0. They had a chance to do the right thing before the expansion launched, now they need to man up and put in the development hours necessary to fix the class rather than bandaid it. how anyone can look at these changes and think anything other than "underwhelming" is beyond me, and I don't even main shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    That is definition of rework,add couple more talents and tune dmg,what the hell did you expect? Talent that instantly kill everything? lol gtfo
    uh....yeah? HELLO MY CLASS SHOULD BE GOD TIER...

I'ma keep it real with you chief, as an Enh shaman, I don't feel terribly underpowered.....could I use a few tweaks? sure, but let this forum tell you and shamans literally do negative dps\hps

Quote Originally Posted by boors View Post
    PTR is not even up and you are already complaining... pls stop whining
    we were whining in beta telling them how shit it is.

why does it take almost a year to get changes?

we'll never stop whining blizzard can go fuck themselves while they suck off pure dps classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    uh....yeah? HELLO MY CLASS SHOULD BE GOD TIER...

I'ma keep it real with you chief, as an Enh shaman, I don't feel terribly underpowered.....could I use a few tweaks? sure, but let this forum tell you and shamans literally do negative dps\hps
    the easier the content you do the less it matters, see all those dps shamans in mythic kills? nope me neither guess you're kicking ass in normal mode though!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    we were whining in beta telling them how shit it is.

why does it take almost a year to get changes?

we'll never stop whining blizzard can go fuck themselves while they suck off pure dps classes.

- - - Updated - - -

the easier the content you do the less it matters, see all those dps shamans in mythic kills? nope me neither guess you're kicking ass in normal mode though!
    min\maxing will always exist in a game with multiple options, and the only way to eliminate that is to make every class perform exactly the same........because that wouldn't make people bitch and moan too

If 2020 rolls around and literally no shaman has downed any mythic bosses you'll have a point, until then you're just showing how bad you are at rationalizing logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being a shadow priest back when it was bad for coupla years I get your pain. While I dont play shaman anymore, I have leveled mine and gave it a try early on. It amazes me how bad the design is.

Elemental has 8 spells and half of them just buff the other half and are all on GCD and some even have cast time. You have the iconic spells of the spec hitting for 5kish and then you have another spell that crits for 60k+?!?!?!?! The spec designer should be forced to play elemental as a punishment imo.

Resto shaman needed to get updated based on the new "smart healing"/"absorb" design but it hasn't. Its still doing what it used to do which is not what the raids need anymore. Chain heal, once a beacon for the class, is now useless. Movement is a huge problem.

I'd whine more if I was a shaman TBH. Dont wait for the PTR. Get at it right away.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessicuus View Post
    Seriously.

Was holding out hoping Blizzard would come through with a rework, instead you get a couple new talents and damage moved around slightly.

GG.
    They need to set a higher age requirement for WoW...

I don't think they listened to any suggestions... at all.

Deleted
    me as a enhancement shaman agree, getting really pissed about getting declined to every group and seeing messages like shamans arent viable or shamans? do they still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    A passive "lightning rod" effect that boosts your damage up to a cap while you remain stationary (grounded). Even thematically correct.

There was a trinket similar to this in Tomb of Sargeras...

I mean, it is possible we will get more. But, we don't need PTR to see Blizzard has basically changed nothing with these changes. If ele sucked to play before, shifting some dmg from LB to ES and letting us precast LvB instead of LB aren't helping it play any better (it's going to play the exact same...). To me, they still have ignored the countless feedback that we want echo baseline, and that our current AoE just feels slow and boring.

I do like the changes they've made, but I don't like that they mostly just feel like bugfixes instead of being actual QoL/rotational fixes. These don't feel like the kinds of things we should have been told to "wait for a patch" for.

I'm not even complaining about tuning. I don't care nor want to see tuning in a patch - if we are considered weak, that needs to be hotfixed in through an aura buff immediately, not dragged on for however many months this PTR will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawlisse View Post
    indeed, the entire shaman class needs to be scrapped, and redone from scratch this is stupid, played a shaman for 14 years,now its picking up dust, cant even get an invite for a world boss and i'm at 355 Ilvl !!!
    you do know world boss ques are auto invite, right?