Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Sick of the dancing women tactics Blizzard is using this expansion

A lot have came to realize it and some haven’t but Blizzard is doing as much as they can to fool you into keep throwing money at them.

-Heritage Armor
    Blizzard: Look at this!! New race AND shiny new armor BUT only if you don’t boost and just level your character so our charts for played time looks great!

Player: Okay sure. Sounds fair
    *Gets to 120, geared and bored with new character and armor*
    Player: This is the same content just with playing a new race... Maybe I should take a break since I’m not enjoying the game—

Big Boy Blizzard: Uh uh!! What about heritage armor ...For your max level Blood Elf main?

Player: :O
    Take my money!! *Throws cash at the screen*

-Emergency Button Mounts
    Player 2: Man these Alliance mounts are all horses while the Horde gets unique mounts... *sigh* Guess I’ll cance—
    Blizzard: Ya like Jazz?
    Player 2: :O Bee mount?? *Throws money at Blizzard*
    Big Boy Blizzard: And since you felt bad about those horses give us $80 in exchange for a boat that can’t fly in current content or sail across water and six months of gametime so those chart numbers look good and if you take a break at least you’ll be back for 10 minutes when you’re bored

Open your eyes people. The tactics Blizzard is pulling is similar to baiting you to throw money at a woman doing the same dance but in a different skimpy dress each time to keep your attention. If you want the game to improve do NOT buy that mount. Do NOT continue to subscribe. Speak with your money because if you’re paying them then in THEIR eyes they can lie and say the playerbase thinks they’re doing a great job and will continue to do bad if not worse. That $15 or $80 can be spent elsewhere or on something you’d enjoy much more and of actual worth.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    I'll have some whatever OP's having

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, that ain't really baiting. That is common tactics of business. You keep an offer to keep customers in, once it goes stale, you make a new offer to entice them. Nothing new, really. If you feel that this is forcing you, then I suggest you quit. It is all optional, you don't have to do it after all - but alas - you want to, for you might want some of the things Blizzard presents.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    A lot have came to realize it and some haven’t but Blizzard is doing as much as they can to fool you into keep throwing money at them.

-Heritage Armor
    Blizzard: Look at this!! New race AND shiny new armor BUT only if you don’t boost and just level your character so our charts for played time looks great!

Player: Okay sure. Sounds fair
    *Gets to 120, geared and bored with new character and armor*
    Player: This is the same content just with playing a new race... Maybe I should take a break since I’m not enjoying the game—

Big Boy Blizzard: Uh uh!! What about heritage armor ...For your max level Blood Elf main?

Player: :O
    Take my money!! *Throws cash at the screen*

-Emergency Button Mounts
    Player 2: Man these Alliance mounts are all horses while the Horde gets unique mounts... *sigh* Guess I’ll cance—
    Blizzard: Ya like Jazz?
    Player 2: :O Bee mount?? *Throws money at Blizzard*
    Big Boy Blizzard: And since you felt bad about those horses give us $80 in exchange for a boat that can’t fly in current content or sail across water and six months of gametime so those chart numbers look good and if you take a break at least you’ll be back for 10 minutes when you’re bored

Open your eyes people. The tactics Blizzard is pulling is similar to baiting you to throw money at a woman doing the same dance but in a different skimpy dress each time to keep your attention. If you want the game to improve do NOT buy that mount. Do NOT continue to subscribe. Speak with your money because if you’re paying them then in THEIR eyes they can lie and say the playerbase thinks they’re doing a great job and will continue to do bad if not worse. That $15 or $80 can be spent elsewhere or on something you’d enjoy much more and of actual worth.
    Just bought the 6 months for the mount, thanks for the advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    Just bought the 6 months for the mount, thanks for the advice.
    How much is that in total again? Pondering if I should buy it for the wife and I.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Blizzard is giving me stuff I want and enjoy in exchange for an insignificant amount of money. Sounds fair to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    How much is that in total again? Pondering if I should buy it for the wife and I.
    77.94 for 6 months, or 12.99/month

if you plan on staying subbed, you're actually saving money anyway.

77.94 for 6 months is cheaper than two movie dates, for reference.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I've never cared for cosmetics in game, so none of this affects me.
    Overall though, you're correct. It's a way to get as much profit as possible for as little effort as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    77.94 for 6 months, or 12.99/month

if you plan on staying subbed, you're actually saving money anyway.

77.94 for 6 months is cheaper than two movie dates, for reference.
    Been living on my gold but tempted with the mount and pet. Haha.

So, about 67 Euro, that isn't that bad.. And yeah, saves money.

The campaigning to turn people against basic shit in this game is getting weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    The campaigning to turn people against basic shit in this game is getting weird.
    Well, there is still people that wants to lynch Blizzard for not making the world map to the right scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    It is getting downright fucking creepy.

There needs to be a unsubbed subforum so they can all go piss and moan about a game they are not playing by themselves.

I'll keep throwing money at blizzard as long as I enjoy the game. I don't see myself quiting wow anytime soon since I actually think BfA is the best expansion yet.

Also bought the 6 months gametime for the mount + the pet

Honestly, I pay wow on a 6month cycle anyway... mount was icing on the cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if Blizzard offers you shiny pixels for jumping off a bridge and you do it, it's Blizzard fault?
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

game has been pay to win for many years now, what the point of this thread?

Wouldn't be MMO-C without the daily whine/paranoia thread from Theramore.

I hear Autozone has a sale on batteries to promote them before the Winter months. Damn Autozone and their shady fucking business tactics. ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS SELL MORE BATTERIES. HOW DARE THEY? The injustic-

Oh wait, that's normal business. Geez.

Blizzard could offer a free 110 Boost for a 6-month sub', and that would just be a shady fucking thing big brother Activision is doing to keep the players playing! Christ, it's pure anarchy out here.

I think most of these people are just unemployed, attic-dwellers that are salty they can't afford $15/month or any of the bonus services. Like, there's no principle rooted so deep that I wouldn't pay $15 a month for something even if I played it one hour per month. Even if there was, I'm not sure what order of motivation would make me complain about it DAILY to try and garner support for my hate. Go get a job.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-09-19 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    game has been pay to win for many years now, what the point of this thread?
    Eh, what is the Pay2Win again?

OP, the suns out today. Go outside and sit in it for a few minutes.

heritage armor: We definitely, definitely would have complained about pay to win if heritage armor allowed boosts. Hell, some people complained it anyway, completely unwarranted. It was also a pretty common request for heritage armor for other races, because the armor is rad and appeals to the racial fantasy.

The bee mount was datamined ages ago. They just haven't implemented it yet. Clearly they're waiting to release most of the flying mounts until we have unlocked flying on the new continents. That just seems like rational design decisions to me, even if the gripe about the horses is still perfectly valid. Are you complaining that they have (allegedly) decided to make the bee mount alliance only as a response to the gripes of horde bias on the mount variety? We don't even know what the rest of the mounts will bee (hyuk) yet. I'm betting bee for alliance, vulpera vulture for horde.

Here I thought the dancing women thing was you finding some way to complain about how nearly all the underwater bars have skimpy women dancing on the tables.