Thread: The Dreadwake

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a one-seater, so... hard pass from me, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Issue is, they are free and earn in game, then you have a mount like this... Jaina got a nice new ship, dreadship, is the lord admiral, know what would be a great drop?

Dreadwake.
    It would've been a great Storm's Wake rep mount, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Ugh. This is a store mount possibly brought ahead into the shop because subs drop left and right. Or maybe they planned to release it now, but the sub promotion with it (sub for 6 months with a discount, and get mount for free) clearly indicates shit has probably hit the fan. All in all: blizz only once did something similar, and we know why.
    If you already think that they think ahead with store mounts, why do you refuse the thought that maybe they suspected the game will have a... rough after launch experience and preplanned to act on it like this?
    They planned to release it now and they planned to do with the promotion. Trust me on this one, I work in the industry and moving the timetable of a promotion, even for a couple of weeks, it's annoying AF. I think a preplanned incentive is a possibility, they might have predict the bad reception of the systems, that I can believe. Although I dont think that happened. But this is not the "SUB NUMBERS ARE FALLING! BREAK THE GLASS!!" sorta thing.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great deal for people not planning to unsub , you get 6months of game time for a cheaper price + A mount. Somehow people are still mad about this...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    They planned to release it now and they planned to do with the promotion. Trust me on this one, I work in the industry and moving the timetable of a promotion, even for a couple of weeks, it's annoying AF. I think a preplanned incentive is a possibility, they might have predict the bad reception of the systems, that I can believe. Although I dont think that happened. But this is not the "SUB NUMBERS ARE FALLING! BREAK THE GLASS!!" sorta thing.
    Bad reception doesn't basically mean masses are unsubbing, people start talking, word is spreading, bad advert for the game snowballing and bam, before you know, you've got WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    It's a great deal for people not planning to unsub , you get 6months of game time for a cheaper price + A mount. Somehow people are still mad about this...
    Poor people are always gonna hate.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    You don't know whats gonna happen in the next 6 months, the game might get worse, it might get better. Having to commit to 6 months gametime for the mount is a gamble at this point, since so far, people have not been happy with the expansion. It is a clear attempt to take more money from players now in case the game goes to shit like it did in WoD.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    You don't know whats gonna happen in the next 6 months, the game might get worse, it might get better. Having to commit to 6 months gametime for the mount is a gamble at this point, since so far, people have not been happy with the expansion. It is a clear attempt to take more money from players now in case the game goes to shit like it did in WoD.
    True. I'm fine with it either way because i payed with wow token ,goldmaking is my main activity this expansion and i gotta spend the gold i make somehow xD. I don't think they are pulling another WoD tbh , i mean look at the next patch announcement. BfA will have more content in 8.1 than the whole wod expansion.
    P.S This ship doesn't float on water for some reason. /sigh
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2018-09-19 at 09:54 PM.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yay another mount that i can buy

Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    Yay another mount that i can buy
    The mount is free, the game time costs you $13 a month for 6 months.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    I subbed for 6 months last week, i made a ticket asking for the mount. They should give it to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    That sucks so much...
    If this offer had come out 2 weeks ago I would have gotten it automatically... now I'd need to pay another 6 months despite having 5 and half months already paid up.
    /rage
    Have you guys read the blue post concerning this mount? It states: "In addition, WoW players who have purchased the 180 Days Game Time service in the Shop within the past 30 days** or who are currently on a 6-month recurring subscription will receive the Dreadwake mount at no additional charge. Look for the gift icon in your Blizzard Battle.net desktop app to claim yours.***"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Bad reception doesn't basically mean masses are unsubbing, people start talking, word is spreading, bad advert for the game snowballing and bam, before you know, you've got WoD?
    Bad reception to the system might just mean that people are quite indifferent over it. I don't really think they thought that they would lose too many subs. The most logical approach to this is to keep the tourists, the guys that only log on at the start of each exp, hooked on the game, the timeline fits. I think this is the most likely thing, mainly because 5-6 months(conservative estimate) ago they were still tuning and were not really sure if the system would pan out or if they would be badly received. Not only that, but it probably came from the sales department, and they probably know very little about the state of the tuning and it's reception.

WoD was a disaster for different reasons.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not a passenger mount, no.
    Thanks, I didn't think so, so definitely a pass for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except the new Dreadwake mount is literally a reskin of last year's Blizzcon boat. OOPS TRY AGAIN.
    Even worse, that shows how lazy they became then.

Picked it up, just got 6months using gold.

Been subbed since BC, what's 6months at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Have you guys read the blue post concerning this mount? It states: "In addition, WoW players who have purchased the 180 Days Game Time service in the Shop within the past 30 days** or who are currently on a 6-month recurring subscription will receive the Dreadwake mount at no additional charge. Look for the gift icon in your Blizzard Battle.net desktop app to claim yours.***"
    I don't have 6 months.
    I am about 10 days into the current month and have 5 months more paid up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post

I'm inclined to agree with you. I realize that some of the content related concerns make it look suspicious in particular, but people are forgetting that it also aligns with the Pirates Day micro-holiday, that a parrot with a captains hat was also released today, and the expac itself is all about sailing ships and islands and stuff. It makes complete sense for them to have pre-aligned all this to happen on Pirates day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    "All proceeds go directly to our small indie studio!"
    Not only that, but so they could claim for at least 6 months to have good sub numbers!

15+ Year Old Account
    So i have paid for the current month and have 5 months additionally paid for my sub. Do I actually have to pay for another whole 180 days to get this mount? From reading the info it seems I can't just buy 1 more month and get it... can anyone confirm?? (so lame...)
    Per the annoucement if you recent bought a 6-month subscription you will have the mount given to you as a gift via the battle.net app. I can confirm this is true because I purchased a 6-month subscription around August 8th and have the mount.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have 6 months.
    I am about 10 days into the current month and have 5 months more paid up.
    Then yes. You have to buy a 6-month block of subscription. Not 6 individual months.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The funniest thing is that the Dreadwake is clearly just some shitty Alliance Blizzcon mount conversion an intern made that was in the pile of scrapped BfA doodads they created during internal development. People will buy anything.