Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    You clearly don't know what Occam's Razor is, or when it's properly applied. It's also not a "conspiracy" when Blizzard has pulled these underhanded shady business practices in the past. It's straight out of the Actavision and EA handbook. The majority of people know exactly what's going on, which is why there's such a massive backlash towards this, and the fact Blizzard lied right to our faces and released BFA when it wasn't even complete. It being Pirate's Day is completely irrelevant. Lay off the paint thinner, you fucking troglodyte...
    How is it shady?

Where are you forced to buy this package or how are you at a disadvantage by not buying it?

Other devs have done this in the past. Square did a promo where you sub for a while to FF14 and got a mini airship mount.

By your own logic what Square did which is an optional promotion is shady yes?

I mean I'm all for BFA criticism but this is just bashing for the sake of it with no actual construction to it. Hell I've been very critical of the expansion myself.

And no. Blizzard are nowhere near EA. EA kill studios when the games they acquire don't do so well because of their own garbage practices. Recent C&C game being a prime example.

EA puts actual P2W in their RNG boxes.

And when they can't kill a studio they just run it into the ground. Bioware being a prime example.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-20 at 12:16 AM.

The problem with "customer is always right" is that it speaks about a majority rather than each individual salty boy/ girl/ attack helicopter. It's great that you're not enjoying the game, you probably didn't enjoy HFC (that's the end raid tier of wod btw) dragging out so long, or the legendary system in legion (rng) or the legendary system in mop and wod (no rng, free legendaries all round) because they didn't feel unique enough.. I know you definitely didn't enjoy any legendary system prior to this, because save farming a system 2-3 years after the content was trivialised, you wouldn't have one. You say undercooked expansion, I say byproduct of whingy posts like this. I'd be lying if the "Beta for Azeroth" line wasn't regularly thrown around in guild and raid (see zul and mother issues in heroic and mythic) but majority of people will just enjoy the game as it is, class balance is never a strongpoint on launch, somebody always has to be shit tier for raids.

That and subs drop after an expac launch??? And they skyrocket just before launch? Holy shit, somebody call the newspapers :P

I already sub 6 months at a time to save money OP.

It is literally a mount Blizzard are paying me to have

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    Apparently, subs are dropping so much they had to put a bait there for people stay subbed.

Ian gotta to hide somehow how terrible the game is...
    Nearly ever game has loyalty rewards. It's actually surprising it took Blizzard this long to add one.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nearly ever game has loyalty rewards. It's actually surprising it took Blizzard this long to add one.
    Yep.

FF14, Rift, GW2, ESO, Wildstar (RiP), Warframe and so on.

Although FF14 redid it's veteran reward system a while back. It's like a year now for all the FF character costumes and the old rewards are purchased with certificates obtained from achievement points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean I'm all for BFA criticism but this is just bashing for the sake of it with no actual construction to it. Hell I've been very critical of the expansion myself.
    Yah, I find that extremely hard to believe, given the fact you're clearly being willfully ignorant to how deceptive Blizzard has been, and the fact they straight up lied to our faces about BFA. "No one is forcing you to buy this" is nothing more than a fallacy that justifies this shit. This is about principles, and not validating underhanded business practices that are about getting as much money as they can from their player base before they catch on. This is EXACTLY what EA has been doing.
    Last edited by Synros; 2018-09-20 at 12:22 AM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Yah, I find that extremely hard to believe, given the fact you're clearly being willfully ignorant to how deceptive Blizzard has been, and the fact they straight up lied to our faces about BFA. "No one is forcing you to buy this" is nothing more than a fallacy that justifies this shit. This is about principles, and not validating underhanded business practices, and seeing how much money they can get out of their player base before they catch on. This is EXACTLY what EA has been doing.
    So just because I don't agree with you going all out to bash the game doesn't mean I haven't been critical? Not how it works I'm afraid. I just don't agree with your criticism because it lacks a constructive basis imo.

You are absolutely not forced to buy it. It's an optional promotion that was datamined before BFA even launched.

I've been plenty critical of BFA. Lack of communication, the way specific content launched, launch issues on higher pop servers and plenty of other stuff without going into too much detail I'll do a brief write up.

Lack of communication- Barely any since BFA launched despite the fact they said they wanted to. They need to actually wake the hell up and communicate.

Content launching. Warfronts were a mess. They had issues reported and some were never fixed.

High pop server issue. It was mostly fine for Legion. Disappointed with how it wasn't for BFA.

Nowhere near EA still. Blizzard haven't killed off multiple studios or brought them to ruin or ruined some of the best franchises in the world yet. I mean Starcraft 2 isn't as popular as it used to be (my favorite of what Blizzard offer) but in no way has it been ruined yet.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-20 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Ask yourself these questions:

- Is a digital asset -- likely one of dozens in your inventory -- worth a 6 month $70USD/$100CAD+ commitment?
    - If you resub for 6 months, what message are you sending to the developer? are you happy with class balance? happy with itemization? happy with pvp? happy with time gating of activities?
    - If you resub for 6 months, will you get the same value out of that time than spending the money elsewhere? Any of Black Ops IIII, Battlefield V, Red Dead Redemption 2, Darksiders 3, or Forza Horizon 4 could be had for much less on launch day.

There are a good number of people who are enjoying Battle for Azeroth. The dungeons are well done, raiding has been a great success. Some people are enjoying their new characters with the unlocked Allied races. The art design, music, and overall production values are high.

If you think you can keep playing the game for 6 more months and enjoy it the whole time, then your money is well spent. Patch 8.1 will come late November or early january, there's new content to enjoy as well.

If you're already bored or burning out, you could save yourself money for 3....4....even 5 months and still come back for patch 8.1.

The question is: is a digital boat (that doesn't work in water) worth $40-60 of playtime if you could be enjoying another game?
    Definitely worth it, nice write up.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Blizzard shits the bed with the launch of BfA. Many players, including long-time shills like Bellular are even expressing doubt. Reception of the expansion is lackluster.

So what does Blizzard do? Cuts a "deal" where they get 6 months of time where no matter WHAT they do, they've already got your money. It's JUST as exploitative as pre-order "bonuses". It's EXACTLY the same.

If you don't want to look any deeper than the "Free" mount skin, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Nonsense. The promotion has been datamined since beta, months ago, and what little experience I've had in marketing in medium-sized corporations tell me that this stuff is always planned way in advance, and Blizzard is larger than any of my employers. There is indeed a timing, that which coincides with the sub drop that happens with every expansion since Cata, good or bad. But I have larger problems with this game than Blizzard trying to counteract a sub trend that has been happening for a near decade now.

And pre-order bonuses suck because you don't have the game in hand when you buy the stuff. With WoW you very much have it in hand, it's 14 years old even. If you don't want to pay the sub, it'll become a normal store mount eventually, so you can't even say it is a timed exclusive like pre-orders are. And it's not like the 6 months sub plan is new or anything, it just has an added incentive now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So just because I don't agree with you going all out to bash the game doesn't mean I haven't been critical?

You are absolutely not forced to buy it. It's an optional promotion that was datamined before BFA even launched.

I've been plenty critical of BFA. Lack of communication, the way specific content launched, launch issues on higher pop servers and plenty of other stuff without going into too much detail.

Nowhere near EA still. Blizzard haven't killed off multiple studios or brought them to ruin or ruined some of the best franchises in the world yet.
    It being datamined before launch is completely irrelevant. I don't know why you shills keep restoring to that fallacy, like it somehow justifies this obvious bribe.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

If you're enjoying the game, by all means, get it -- I would. It's essentially a free mount.

But if you aren't, I doubt a boat will make you stay. Besides, it'll be around for a while, you can always get the 6 month sub when it's better.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

It being datamined before launch is completely irrelevant. I don't know why you shills keep restoring to that fallacy, like it somehow justifies this obvious bribe.
    So despite the fact I presented to you my criticism and even said Blizzard have made a good bunch of mistakes this expansion we are resorting to the "hurr shill" option are we?

Good to know. Another person who wants people to agree with his opinion of mindlessly bashing the game. Nothing else. Good day to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    People have been asking for Blizzard loyalty rewards for 14 years. There are none in sight.
    My giant orc wolfrider grunts otherwise.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    My giant orc wolfrider grunts otherwise.
    You on about that statue they gave out to Vet players?

Not gonna lie wish I could time travel and swap FF11 out for Vanilla back then to get it.

Also my Tyrael's Charger from the Annual Pass says NEIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-20 at 12:31 AM.

This is why they need to release classic servers already, so all the over opinionated dorks with rose tinted glasses on can go play there instead of forums.. Until something triggers them and they can just go back to their private servers ������

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    If you're enjoying the game, by all means, get it -- I would. It's essentially a free mount.

But if you aren't, I doubt a boat will make you stay. Besides, it'll be around for a while, you can always get the 6 month sub when it's better.
    Again this.

If you want it buy it. If you don't then don't. It's not even that pretty a mount imo.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's funny.

All through Beta the feedback was "this isn't ready to launch".

It's almost like they planned this because they knew they were releasing a bug filled half baked piece of shit.

Ion in the AMA: "Please give me $15 - we will eventually realize the GRAND SCHEME of the Azerite system. Maybe in 8.3"
    I'm not interested in validating your opinions, believe what you will.

Comparing this to shit like pre-order bonuses or the pay to win crap in EA games, however, just makes me laugh a bit. Onoz, they added a (IMO shitty) mount to an already existing sub plan and will add it to the shop in a year or so. Dead game guys.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a good example of a loyalty reward. It's a bulk subscription bonus.

A good loyalty reward, like the ones in FFXIV, accumulate whenever you're subbed and however you're subbed. Sub for 11 months, take a year off, resub for 1 month and get the year reward. I think recently they made the higher tiers into lower tier rewards and put the old rewards into an in-game commendation system to be earned. It's a very kind setup.

I don't expect to ever see actual loyalty rewards in WoW. Blizzard's art pipeline is way too inefficient for it, they struggle with any cosmetics. No new hair styles since Cataclysm, one robe model in the whole game, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm not interested in validating your opinions, believe what you will.

Comparing this to shit like pre-order bonuses or the pay to win crap in EA games, however, just makes me laugh a bit. Onoz, they added a (IMO shitty) mount to an already existing sub plan and will add it to the shop in a year or so. Dead game guys.
    To be fair that's just scarecrowz. Best to throw him on ignore and not waste your time on him imo.

I mean the game most certainly has issues atm not even denying that. But people here are going out of their way to tell people they shouldn't enjoy a game or buy things they want is just..... sad.

I mean if you need to come to an online forum and faux dictate how people should spend their money then I find that odd if I'm honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    It's actually a $77 commitment, which is cheaper than paying by the month. If you were planning to play anyway, why not get a mount and almost a month off for free?
    because you never know if you will get burned out like most people and then you have wasted your money.