Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Ask yourself these questions:

- Is a digital asset -- likely one of dozens in your inventory -- worth a 6 month $70USD/$100CAD+ commitment?
    - If you resub for 6 months, what message are you sending to the developer? are you happy with class balance? happy with itemization? happy with pvp? happy with time gating of activities?
    - If you resub for 6 months, will you get the same value out of that time than spending the money elsewhere? Any of Black Ops IIII, Battlefield V, Red Dead Redemption 2, Darksiders 3, or Forza Horizon 4 could be had for much less on launch day.

There are a good number of people who are enjoying Battle for Azeroth. The dungeons are well done, raiding has been a great success. Some people are enjoying their new characters with the unlocked Allied races. The art design, music, and overall production values are high.

If you think you can keep playing the game for 6 more months and enjoy it the whole time, then your money is well spent. Patch 8.1 will come late November or early january, there's new content to enjoy as well.

If you're already bored or burning out, you could save yourself money for 3....4....even 5 months and still come back for patch 8.1.

The question is: is a digital boat (that doesn't work in water) worth $40-60 of playtime if you could be enjoying another game?
    Its 100$? thats like an hours worth of work. So why not? If i play like 8 hours in that six months its still cheaper than going to 5 movies or taking my wife out for dinner

- Is a digital asset -- likely one of dozens in your inventory -- worth a 6 month $70USD/$100CAD+ commitment?
    I have a six month recurrency payment since WotLK... worth every minute I played (and a more than a couple of times due to external reasons I couldn't even log in in over three months in a row... and that happened more than three or four times)

- If you resub for 6 months, what message are you sending to the developer? are you happy with class balance? happy with itemization? happy with pvp? happy with time gating of activities?
    I am... specially with time gating, as that allows me to have plenty of chars up to date (to my goals, of course)

- If you resub for 6 months, will you get the same value out of that time than spending the money elsewhere? Any of Black Ops IIII, Battlefield V, Red Dead Redemption 2, Darksiders 3, or Forza Horizon 4 could be had for much less on launch day.
    I don't play any other game (some days I can play a bit of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, instead, but is not very often)

The question is: is a digital boat (that doesn't work in water) worth $40-60 of playtime if you could be enjoying another game?
    Yes, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    It's not really a good example of a loyalty reward. It's a bulk subscription bonus.

A good loyalty reward, like the ones in FFXIV, accumulate whenever you're subbed and however you're subbed. Sub for 11 months, take a year off, resub for 1 month and get the year reward.

I don't expect to ever see actual loyalty rewards in WoW. Blizzard's art pipeline is way too inefficient for it, they struggle with any cosmetics.
    They changed most of the FF14 ones. Only the character costumes are on the sub now. Zidanes, Faroths, Squalls and Clouds.

The rest are earned through the Achievement point system. Like the minions, mounts and fluff items.

Definitely can't help but feel this promo and the sudden change of attitude towards communicating and fixing problems is a sign the game isn't doing as well as they are hoping.

Which is good for players. Means they won't be able to just sit back and coast of it's past success, they'll have to put effort into it.

What boggles my mind is how they didn't see this coming. They must legit live in a bubble there.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2018-09-20 at 12:42 AM.

There are a good number of people who are enjoying Battle for Azeroth. The dungeons are well done, raiding has been a great success. Some people are enjoying their new characters with the unlocked Allied races. The art design, music, and overall production values are high.

If you think you can keep playing the game for 6 more months and enjoy it the whole time, then your money is well spent. Patch 8.1 will come late November or early january, there's new content to enjoy as well.

If you're already bored or burning out, you could save yourself money for 3....4....even 5 months and still come back for patch 8.1.

What exactly was your reasoning behind making this post?

Holy hell, this was laughable.

I'm always on six-month recurring.

I had the mount in my inventory before I knew this was even happening.

I actually checked MMO-Champ to figure out why I got a free mount.

I feel like if you can't moderate your work / life / game balance and get burned out so easily, maybe a slightly simpler game could be on the cards, rather than buying each new expac and quitting after a few months.. Oh wait, now I'm the one telling people how to spend their money. Does this make my post predatory or white knighting or a shill lord? I can't keep up

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What exactly was your reasoning behind making this post?

Holy hell, this was laughable.
    Just a clear as hell "don't spend your money because I don't enjoy the game anymore" post. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nearly ever game has loyalty rewards. It's actually surprising it took Blizzard this long to add one.
    Funny because for years I heard a lot of bitching on this very forum about a lack of loyalty rewards, specifically for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The only question to ask is do you see yourself playing enough over the next 6 months to warrant the price. Especially since the ship will be a cash shop mount sometime next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    The mount will be available for gold in the shop sometime, i'll just wait for it
    Blizz was pretty clear that it will only be available for a limited time. There are other mounts that have come and gone. I cant wait to see all the complaint threads once its gone gone because people didn't not think they meant what they said.

It also is quite possible they bring this deal back yearly on Pirate day at the same cost.

it's a million gold :shrug:

If I wasnt gonna resub I wouldnt need the gold anyway, so it's a win win really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    Its 100$? thats like an hours worth of work. So why not? If i play like 8 hours in that six months its still cheaper than going to 5 movies or taking my wife out for dinner
    it's still more expensive than just watching youtube, so why not do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    it's still more expensive than just watching youtube, so why not do that?
    Watching YouTube with my girlfriend isn't nearly as enjoyable as actually playing games with her.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account

$100+ cad?
    do you even know cad USUALLY has the same value as aud
    and it's $85.80 aud
    though this time it's 79.77 cad due to liberals in australia
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2018-09-20 at 12:51 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Watching YouTube with my girlfriend isn't nearly as enjoyable as actually playing games with her.
    Which is not even close as enjoyable as watching RedTube with my girlfriend (not that I inviting you to try, of course)

The screenshots parodying Jaina's Deus Ex Machina are totally worth it, tbh.
    Plus, what's with the patronizing "ask yourself what you're doing with your money" bullcrap? It's a promotion, people can take it or can leave it.
    Are you the kind of people that criticizes people who buy stuff during 3x2 promotions or BOGO sales?

I mostly did it just to annoy people who post bitch threads like this that feel like they know better than I do how I should feel about WOW or spend my money.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

My WoW sub has been going non stop since like 06.... Of course I'm gonna do it for the free mount.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    But havinga bunch of tokens doesnt count as "buying a 6 month sub" though, does it?
    I used 6 tokens to add $90 to my bnet account and then i used that to buy the 180 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair that's just scarecrowz. Best to throw him on ignore and not waste your time on him imo.

I mean the game most certainly has issues atm not even denying that. But people here are going out of their way to tell people they shouldn't enjoy a game or buy things they want is just..... sad.

I mean if you need to come to an online forum and faux dictate how people should spend their money then I find that odd if I'm honest.
    Yeah, I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with this trend of some people acting like preachers promising fire and brimstone to any sinners who dare -dare I say!- make purchasing decisions they themselves wouldn't. As I said, this feels like some people watched one too many Jim Sterling videos and believe they are now the saviors of the gamer race, taking on them evil vidya game companies by incessantly complaining about business models to everyone within earshot.

Not that I think some companies don't deserve some raking over the coals, and Blizzard is hardly perfect by any means, but all this stuff is seriously hyperbolic for no reason.