Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Also, why'd you bring them up?
    He's trying to refute "Trump is on record for provably lying all the time about just about everything" by suggesting Politifact's count is rigged. It's standard Trump's rabid fanbase, you've seen it plenty of times.

Politifact cites their sources, consults experts, and explains the evidence. Trump does none of those. Even if it wasn't a lie-vs-lie count purely by the numbers, Trump would still lead because of the scope. He just makes shit up, or worse, takes things which have been made up (like conspiracy theories) and runs with them. Trying to somehow Whataboutism this away by claiming Politifact is biased is like equating me with the Unabomber because I got a speeding ticket.

the prpbolem isn’t acknowledgement at this point it’s that people seem to be condoning it.

Politicians don't lie that much - most of them are at least smart enough to realise that being caught in a bald faced lie is bad for their long term employment prospects.

Spoiled narcissists who have lived for 70 years on daddy's millions, surrounded by lickspittles, with the demeanour of used car salesmen and wannabe mafiosos, who don't believe consequences exist due to a lifetime of avoiding them? That's a whole new tier of lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    A data analyst over at The Federalist had a great two-part breakdown of Politifact
    Wait, I have to finish laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Politicians lie? I don't believe it!

If you think your politician doesn't lie, you have a very good politician.
    By your standard, Jerry Brown (CA Governor) must be really good then.

Using Politifact ranking, True - 47%, Mostly True - 33%, Half True - 20%, Mostly False - 0, False - 0, Pants on Fire - 0.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/jerry-brown/

I say Jerry Brown for President. How can you go wrong with somebody that Linda Rondstadt called Moonbeam.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Politicians lie? I don't believe it!

If you think your politician doesn't lie, you have a very good politician.
    Don't make this a bullshit "both sides" issue. Trump is a pathological liar. The only issue with this entire thread is the "thinks" part. Trump IS a pathological liar, objectively. That's a fact.

Why just limit it to America... does anyone anywhere really believe anything he says outside of pretending to be to use him for the tool he is.

A data analyst over at The Federalist
    Politifact is not the great unbiased arbiter of truth we all wish it was.
    You don't get to claim Politifact is unbiased while quoting The Federalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a functional brain you’d know with absolute certainty he lies constantly, even on stupid, irrelevant shit.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Most american's didn't vote the guy into office also...

A data analyst over at The Federalist had a great two-part breakdown of Politifact, and I'd encourage anyone to give it a read.

Part 1
    Part 2
    So, looking at the part 1, it gives two links to Politifact, both of which are rated as being half true, yet the Federalist sites them as being different, with the first being half true and the second being mostly true. Both links even end with a near verbatim ruling. So . . . Politifact 1, Federalist 0, Dacian following links to check sources 0. I cannot verify Politifact changed them after the criticism from the Federalist. Checking for bias though shows the Federalist as being pretty extremely right biased. I tend to be pretty skeptical of extreme right or left news sources, since in order to get to that level the agency is relying heavily on opinion pieces and not on actual reporting of news.

The second Federalist report seems to try and say that Politifact was rating an exact same statement differently 6 times, when in fact it was checking 4 different statements and two very similar statements, even though all 6 shared a same topic, Trump on the Iraq War. The similar statements rated the same, so I'm not sure where the Federalist is getting their shit antagonism towards Politifact except in that as a massively right leaning source, they felt the need to distort in order to attack Politifact for not showing their Mushroomhead in a better light. So again, Politifact 1, Federalist 0, Dacien following through to check up on an article 0.

Balls, I just realized that now the Trump-Daniels story has claimed another innocent, the band Mushroomhead.

Anyhow, I'm sure that Politifact isn't 100% on the ball, I'd say with any kind of rating scale of any sort you'll have some that you disagree with to at least some extent, but let's not try and lump them into the category of total opinion that you would a movie critic since theirs isn't a metric of straight opinion. Something is either factual or it wasn't. In both Federalist arguments, it was pretty plain that the Federalist was the one full of shit calling Politifact full of shit.

Edit: I'm getting old and slow, the irony of linking lies in a thread about lying . . . /kneelsap, took me a few minutes.

Edited Edit: Would also like to point out that the author of the article, Matt Shapiro (had to check for relation to Ben) while disparaging the language of Politifact by using weighted language pretty much backs up how weighted language skews opinions. His joint venture blog, http://theparadoxproject.org/ is pretty much a word salad of weighted language as well.
    Last edited by Pazazu; 2018-09-20 at 03:34 AM.
    If ever I give inaccurate information, I will apologize when corrected and adjust my views. It will be a cold day in hell before I stick to a falsehood out of misguided principles. If ever I insult you though, trust it to be an accurate insult, which I will not apologize for nor adjust my view of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I find it depressing that almost 40% think he almost always tells the truth. That is truly, truly depressing. It shows that close to half of the nation cannot discern truth on even the most basic level. It demonstrates an almost dystopian level of narcissistic escape from reality. To call it delusion is an understatement. To call it indoctrination is an understatement. Even the word cult barely describes it adequately.

If Trump is impeached and especially if he's thrown in jail, these people will never accept that he deserved it.

Organizations like Faux News should be prosecuted for the malignant propaganda that has brain washed almost half the nation.

I think you're right about that being the worst part of it.

If Trump supporters had the view of "Yeah, he's a lying scumbag, but he's doing what we want, so better him than a Democrat" then... Well, I wouldn't think very much of them, but it would be better for the nation than having a damned Jonestown-Manson type cult leader running the country and at least a third of the country joining in with the crazy.

I'm starting to think some sort of civil war or widespread violence is inevitable. Either Trump and his Republican cult will crush democracy so thoroughly that you'll see left-wing or anti-Trump violence. Or, they'll be peacefully and lawfully removed from power, and the cult will turn violent.
    Impeach the MF.

Deleted
    Aren't all presidents though? Some are just better at hiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Aren't all presidents though? Some are just better at hiding it.
    No, not every president is a pathological liar. To say they are at that level of lying shows you pay no attention.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866