Poll: Did Blizzard knew, that BFA was going to be bad in advance?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Did Blizzard know, that xpack was going to be bad in advance?

You know, here Blizzard claim, that promotion was planned long time ago, so it's clear indication, that it's not tied to current loss of subs. But... What if Blizzard simply knew in advance, that xpack was going to be bad? You know, they actually had Alpha/Beta feedback and they actually experienced enough to know, whether game, they develop, is good or bad.

UPD

Why it's tinfoil, if it's obvious thing? If you'd dig this forum, you'd probably find some old threads, where we warned you, that datamined half-year sub meant, that xpack was obviously going to fail. Blizzard are experienced enough to realize, that they're making filler xpack. Especially, if it's their initial plan. You know, they have been developing this game for 14 years. Ask yourself, how can they make exactly the same mistakes again, again and again then?

UPD2

It's also right moment to implement such promotion now, cuz all players, who have bought BFA + 1 month of sub, have their sub lapsed by now.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-09-20 at 05:38 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Blizzard knew that the expansion would be AWESOME in advance OP.

So they decided to celebrate by giving us a free pirate ship

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

One thing I can confirm is that a lot of people on this site wear their tinfoil hats too tight to the point it cuts the circulation off to their walnut sized brains.

Don't forget the tinfoil hat.

no

they're just live beta testing the game for the first months of it

just like they did with legion, which everyone seems to forget was utterly horrible at the start just like BFA

they'll prolly end up making it slowly better and then by the time 8.2 hits it'll be great again, and then it'Ll go down the shitter once again in 9.0

Or they gave players like me that are always subbed a nice little free gift for being loyal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they did. Otherwise they wouldn't have released BFA before it was even completed, and made people pay full price for it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Or they gave players like me that are always subbed a nice little free gift for being loyal.
    Loyal to a company that straight up lies to your face, treats you like their personal piggy bank, and makes you pay for a game that is broken and unfinished.

You must be such a proud little shill...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Why it's tinfoil, if it's obvious thing? If you'd dig this forum, you'd probably find some old threads, where we warned you, that datamined half-year sub meant, that xpack was obviously going to fail. Blizzard are experienced enough to realize, that they're making filler xpack. Especially, if it's their initial plan. You know, they have been developing this game for 14 years. Ask yourself, how can they make exactly the same mistakes again, again and again then?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-09-20 at 04:57 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I say no, because I believe that they thought copying the same formula and patch cadence of legion would be acceptable with the general public.

What they miss is that BFA fails to innovate or improve upon Legion systems.

I'm one of the harshest critics of Blizzard on these forums, and even I don't think they intentionally tried to make BfA bad.

Did they cut corners? Did they ignore feedback? Did they rush the launch?

Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Of course they did. Otherwise they wouldn't have released BFA before it was even completed, and made people pay full price for it...

- - - Updated - - -

Loyal to a company that straight up lies to your face, treats you like their personal piggy bank, and makes you pay for a game that is broken and unfinished.

You must be such a proud little shill...
    If you don't like it unsub Plenty of people like the game just because you don't doesnt mean it is bad

Sadly no.
    They can't quite wrap their heads around why we don't believe then when they tell us how we like things and if we just keep giving them money we will love their grand scheme. Also been mount..

Deleted
    you can tell they knew they were going to release an unfinished product. simply compare legion patch notes to bfa
    legion buffs and nerfs: 3% here, 5% there, 10% max
    bfa buffs and nerfs: 20% to main abilities, 30%, up to 400% woop in traits...these are not hotfix numbers these are alpha numbers

also when op says if they knew it doesnt mean they wanted it ,it means they couldnt help it for some reason or other.some replies are just...
    Last edited by mmoc5ab16264eb; 2018-09-20 at 05:07 AM.

Deleted
    It's called a retention measure.
    In business, a good practice is for you do these even when everything is going fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    One thing I can confirm is that a lot of people on this site wear their tinfoil hats too tight to the point it cuts the circulation off to their walnut sized brains.
    How dare you! My walnut brain is circulated just fine !

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They knew it would be a total dumpster fire until 8.1 since they rushed it and couldn't fix classes / azerite.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereaperszone View Post
    If you don't like it unsub Plenty of people like the game just because you don't doesnt mean it is bad
    I've been unsubbed for 2 weeks. I've been playing since 2006, so it's not like I'm happy about all this. But just because people want to remain willfully ignorant to what's going on, doesn't change the fact Blizzard straight up lied to our faces and sold us a game they KNEW was broken and incomplete... The like/dislike ratio on their video announcing that new mount says it all. People are getting tired of Blizzard's bullshit, and how poorly they've handled BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    I've been unsubbed for 2 weeks. I've been playing since 2006, so it's not like I'm happy about all this. But just because people want to remain willfully ignorant to what's going on, doesn't change the fact Blizzard straight up lied to our faces and sold us a game they KNEW was broken and incomplete... The like/dislike ratio on their video announcing that new mount says it all. People are getting tired of Blizzard's bullshit, and how poorly they've handled BFA.
    What did they lie about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereaperszone View Post
    What did they lie about?
    They lied by continuously advertising features that never made it into the launch of BFA, even up until the day it launched. Why are you making excuses for a company that deliberately sold us a game they knew wasn't finished, and STILL isn't finished over a month after launch? People like you are the reason these companies continue to fuck over consumers time and time again, because you validate these shady business tactics by being blind loyalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    It's called a retention measure.
    In business, a good practice is for you do these even when everything is going fine.
    It is a retention mechanic but i would also say that it is meant to raise the price of tokens so they look more attractive to buy by the people that actually matter which is the people putting down actual money. The price of the token was heading down below 100k after peaking at over 200k before BfA came out and now its back up to 143k at the time of writing this. A big question is; when do you want to release a retention mechanic like this to get maximum effect on the players that usually leave the game because of lack of things to do. The optimum time in the past would be after that last raid releases and the developers know that they wont have new content for many months, Now its 5 weeks after exp pack release....