Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    I don't know if Rastakhan falls into the strong Male leader catagory. He should have but so far ingame he has been a highly incompetant leader.
    I actually feel the opposite, his failing "Humanize" him, and makes him much more relatable. For instance, when Rezan died, Rastakhan asked us to bring the news to Talanji, because he's too ashamed to face her. To some, this is just a sign of his weakness, but to me, his dialogue is just so relatable as a human being.

Plus, in a setting where our characters cannot fail, or have deus ex machina covering up their failures, Rastakhan actually suffers the consequence of his failure is refreshing.

It's likely Rastakhan will die, but I hope he dies standing after facing his enemy (Think Whitebeard from One Piece). A king kneels to noone, especially not to his enemies.

This (b)elf hasn't recently been slaughtered by Trolls... or Orcs... No Alliance to save your race next time. Everyone in the Horde dislikes you. Everyone in the Alliance dislikes you too, for that matter.

Only because The Scourge left the job unfinished you can go around with your petty smugness.

A pity, really.

Anyway, what were you saying about your tusk queen Jumanji?
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    As a hordie: What's wrong with Anduin?
    He's jealous of Anduin and makes him question his own masculinity, so for that Anduin must die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    As a hordie: What's wrong with Anduin?
    You know how in GoT Geoffrey had no power and it was Cersei pulling literally all the strings?

That's what Anduin is like. He's utterly useless and every decision is pretty much Genn's.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I am actually disappointed with the way Rastakhan's ominously prepared to be a raid dummy and is very likely die. I can't be the only one who was waiting for a grand royal figure within the faction, one that wouldn't bend the knee to a warchief just like that, especially since the ogre empire got no love in WoD.

And the catch. The ever-present catch with everything. Why the deal with Bwonsamdi, which made him look like a complete fool. He got absolutely nothing in return, other than the power to fast-travel through his city with amazing vertical jumps(I guess every player would make a deal with Bwonsamdi for this lol) and knock the hell out of his adversaries.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-09-20 at 02:29 AM.

Talanji is an annoying yass kwaan figure. I know Rastakhan will be killed off so that stronk independent Talanji can take over, but I'm still unhappy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    I don't know if Rastakhan falls into the strong Male leader catagory. He should have but so far ingame he has been a highly incompetant leader.
    kind of odd since he was stated as being a 'god king' prior to this whole storyline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Just think of Lady Alleria Windrunner, who made a dangerous deal with the void, and yet is able to restrain herself wonderfully, and hasn't hurt anyone, and never will.
    Besides having no control over her powers and nearly destroying the Sunwell and the life force of the entire Blood Elf race with her mere presence, nope she never will hurt anyone ever, she's such a model of restraint...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    That makes him a ticking bomb waiting only to explode. Nothing personal.
    Oh the irony...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Generally speaking, I like Golden's work, but I would definitely lose all faith in the Lore if this came to pass. I'm already not thrilled about Calia Menethil's whole story, or that she had a kid with Bolvar Fordragon, *or* that said kid just happened to be sent to Kul Tiras for some dumb reason. That shit is so far fetched, it does baffle me that it actually got the greenlight (I suppose it hasn't been CONFIRMED as Calia's child, but it seems pretty likely).

Of course, you ask almost any lapsed player, and everyone always says they were more into WoW during Wrath of the Lich King. There's simply no denying the power of Arthas' story (just look how many people lost their minds over him briefly appearing in a cutscene). I don't know how they could do it without coming across completely on-the-nose, but it would definitely behoove Blizzard to bring back Arthas.

Personally, though, I'd like to see him as a sort of "guide" for us whenever we reach the Shadowlands. I feel like that's on the horizon now, and seeing Arthas -- broken and powerless -- as a spirit who can never leave but assists us all the same, would be a sad but fitting end to his tale.
    Here is my theory, you'll tell me afterwards what you think about it.

I am very passionate about lore, and during the BFA cinematic, one thing has hit me, it's Sylvanas' face when she sees Anduin's ray of light pop a bubble (seeming to be a Power Word: Barrier). Her face is the typical expression of "f*ck" when she realizes how powerful Anduin actually is, I mean, he's more powerful than Velen. As long as Anduin has faith in the light, chances are the Horde is doomed to fail. IMO, only, one thing can make Anduin lose faith in the light, seing Varian come back at Sylvanas' side. It is technically possible, even tho Varian's body was obliterated, because we know that Sylvanas used a Val'kyr to create a new body for Nathanos, so ultimately, all she needs is Varian's soul, and Bwonsamedi would pretty easily be able to bring it to Sylvanas if she makes a deal with him, you know, kinda like "Yeah if you give me Varian's soul, I'll give you all the souls I kill, deal ?".

Lorewise, The Alliance has always been honorable, but chances are this will change, because being honorable against an dishonorable foe doesn't make you win a war, and what does Sylvanas fear the most after the Shadowlands ? Seing Arthas come back. It might not be this expansion but maybe the next, chances are that we are witnessing the IVth war that might be longer than one expansion, but something is going on, the fact that we hear again from Bwonsamedi in an expansion where the two faction's leaders have a benefit to make a deal with him is another sign to me.

You know who should the Alliance kill?

These two

I will gladly pay Alliance gold if they kill these two, hell, I will even write to Blizzard to add an achievement for killing these two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I dunno, i would say that zandalari are white people of troll races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I'd say they're the Japanese. They seem to be pretty good at sinking fleets.
    Yeah, but obviously Japanese people are the Whites of the Orient. Thus, Zandalari are still the White people of Troll races, it's just indirect now.

OT: I'd love to complain about the feminist agenda striking again, but honestly, at this point Talanji's Voice Files are my biggest gripe. She's just annoying to listen to.

Oh, and Rastakhan was fine. Trust me, I'm an expert on useless Troll leaders. He wasn't one of them.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post

These two

I will gladly pay Alliance gold if they kill these two, hell, I will even write to Blizzard to add an achievement for killing these two.
    Haha that's funny!
    I'll be glad to!

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post

These two

you should see the "auric's angels" group in boralus. one high elf, one human and one night elf
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'd hate Anduin out of jealousy too if I was silly enough to play Horde. Fortunately, I have taste.
    Nah you can keep the little shit as fat away from Horde as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh, and Rastakhan was fine. Trust me, I'm an expert on useless Troll leaders. He wasn't one of them.
    Its almost as if he is "real" character with that feels humane, makes actual mistakes and faces actual dillemas, and we aren't forced to like him.

He needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    you should see the "auric's angels" group in boralus. one high elf, one human and one night elf
    We fight them on island expeditions, yet its even worse with the void elf trio edgy and annoying as fuck

Was originally jainas angels
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

and the lichking watches over you to

I'd prefer not losing Rastakhan. Like others said, he's probably one of the most believable character we've had in a while. We're just seeing him at which is probably his lowest point, which isn't surprising considering what Zandalar just went trough.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its almost as if he is "real" character with that feels humane, makes actual mistakes and faces actual dillemas, and we aren't forced to like him.

He needs to die.
    Maybe some of that sticks to certain someone who will maybe partake in siege?... ... ... Nah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Maybe some of that sticks to certain someone who will maybe partake in siege?... ... ... Nah.
    If the *spoiler* is right its possible that mekkatorque will have some nice moment.

As for certain poster-girl....no i think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Aigaion View Post
    Here is my theory, you'll tell me afterwards what you think about it.

I am very passionate about lore, and during the BFA cinematic, one thing has hit me, it's Sylvanas' face when she sees Anduin's ray of light pop a bubble (seeming to be a Power Word: Barrier). Her face is the typical expression of "f*ck" when she realizes how powerful Anduin actually is, I mean, he's more powerful than Velen. As long as Anduin has faith in the light, chances are the Horde is doomed to fail. IMO, only, one thing can make Anduin lose faith in the light, seing Varian come back at Sylvanas' side. It is technically possible, even tho Varian's body was obliterated, because we know that Sylvanas used a Val'kyr to create a new body for Nathanos, so ultimately, all she needs is Varian's soul, and Bwonsamedi would pretty easily be able to bring it to Sylvanas if she makes a deal with him, you know, kinda like "Yeah if you give me Varian's soul, I'll give you all the souls I kill, deal ?".

Lorewise, The Alliance has always been honorable, but chances are this will change, because being honorable against an dishonorable foe doesn't make you win a war, and what does Sylvanas fear the most after the Shadowlands ? Seing Arthas come back. It might not be this expansion but maybe the next, chances are that we are witnessing the IVth war that might be longer than one expansion, but something is going on, the fact that we hear again from Bwonsamedi in an expansion where the two faction's leaders have a benefit to make a deal with him is another sign to me.
    Nah, I definitely don't see Varian making a return. Fact is, he wasn't a terrible well liked character. His "origin story" was basically a copy-paste of Thrall, players didn't like him swooping in from nowhere and suddenly thrusting the Alliance into conflict against the Horde (for no real reason, mind you, that players would've felt in-game), and then there's the whole matter of him becoming "High King" and making Tyrande look incompetent. I think he had a good death, but I think the game is ultimately better off without him.

Now as far as Arthas, I'm not sure it's as cut and dry. Frankly, I think Blizzard kind of *has* to bring him back, because people clearly cared about his story. But it also has to be done pretty carefully, because just having him "show up" or "be forgiven" just wouldn't jibe. Seeing him become a sort of "shepard of lost souls" in the Shadowlands, to me, seems like a perfect transition to the character. I can't imagine him ever being "fully" brought back, though, in terms of leading any sort of army. Not unless it was us saving him *IN* the Shadowlands, and he was aiding us against the Void Lords... but even then, none of the faction leaders would have any reason to allow him to live, other than *POSSIBLY* Jaina.